THE BROWNS BOARD

favorite live album

Slowburn.. I'll one up ya.. check out Luke's version of red house on this .. it's downright stunning!

toto (before they became the band and released albums) were known as the best studio musicians in the cali area.

lukather is a fave of mine. not enough respect. neil schonn as well.

schonn and perry were the shizapp!

(greg rowland of course even less appreciated)

toto (before they became the band and released albums) were known as the best studio musicians in the cali area.

lukather is a fave of mine. not enough respect. neil schonn as well.

schonn and perry were the shizapp!

(greg rowland of course even less appreciated)

Neal Schon,Luke, And Michael Schenker were all huge influences on Me along with Al Dimeola,SRV and Michael Landau along with Jeff Beck. They all had one common theme. They were very melodic and had a great guitar sound.. Id be remised if I left out Brad Gillis from Night Ranger. He was every bit a influence as anybody.. He really put Mesa boogie (amplification) on the map with Lukather and Santana. Greg Rollie.. His real name is actually Greg Erico. Another under appreciated artist as well.

Nice list of influences....thumbsup.gif

Probably the first live album that got my attention was RUSH's "Exit Stage Left"... I'd like to say Rare Earth's "Gettin Ready" but it wasn't really a live album.. It just featured the DJ friendly lengthy "gotta take a dump" 20+ minute version of "Gettin Ready".. I still have it on vinyl around here somewhere... Anyhow, My mom was a professional guitarist in the 60s which was unusual for that day and age. I vividly remember her band's rehearsals and performances thruout Michigan,Ohio, Penn, NY and pretty much the NE corridor in the 60s.. But their style didn't grab me... I remember playing "Little Black Egg and "Wipe Out" as a kid at the school talent thing..

Hendrix got my attention... But for some reason RUSH really rang my bell when WMMS ran them up the flag pole back when...... Been a fan ever since..

Nice list of influences....thumbsup.gif

Probably the first live album that got my attention was RUSH's "Exit Stage Left"... I'd like to say Rare Earth's "Gettin Ready" but it wasn't really a live album.. It just featured the DJ friendly lengthy "gotta take a dump" 20+ minute version of "Gettin Ready".. I still have it on vinyl around here somewhere... Anyhow, My mom was a professional guitarist in the 60s which was unusual for that day and age. I vividly remember her band's rehearsals and performances thruout Michigan,Ohio, Penn, NY and pretty much the NE corridor in the 60s.. But their style didn't grab me... I remember playing "Little Black Egg and "Wipe Out" as a kid at the school talent thing..

Hendrix got my attention... But for some reason RUSH really rang my bell when WMMS ran them up the flag pole back when...... Been a fan ever since..

Jimi got the ball rolling for Me.. I was 11 years old..and riding in My mothers car on the freeway. She had Woodstock on 8 track cassette. I heard Hendrix at Woostock for the very first time. I had a religious awakening and it changed My life...I knew right then,what I wanted to do..

Speaking of rare earth at one point there was a plan to get my band, Easy Street, bind to Philadelphia International. Our manager at the time was a cousin of one of the temptations and knew someone at Philly who were looking for a white "soul" group as a counterpart to Motown's rare earth. It never came to pass but...

(We were planning on tailoring our style a bit )

WSS

Speaking of rare earth at one point there was a plan to get my band, Easy Street, bind to Philadelphia International. Our manager at the time was a cousin of one of the temptations and knew someone at Philly who were looking for a white "soul" group as a counterpart to Motown's rare earth. It never came to pass but...

(We were planning on tailoring our style a bit )

WSS

I think they decided to go the rap route instead......you weren't changing your style that much no?

But right after you interviewed with them, Philly International I believe got bought out by CBS records.

Archived