DA to Detroit or Chiefs for high second round pick

Draft:

1st Round- Aaron Curry-ILB

2nd Round- Shonn Greene-RB

2nd Round*- Clint Sintim-OLB

4th Round- Aaron Kelly-WR

6th Round- Alex Boone-OT

Guest Dacaddyman
Yeah... I'd be surprised if we get Asoumuga or Olshansky, let alone both of them.

I expect oakland to franchise Asomugha. It would be a great addition. Another secondary guy that I like that I hope doesn't get franchised is Atogwe From Rams

2nd Round*- Clint Sintim-OLB

Some are projecting Sintim to go in the first round. I realize that articles almost a month old, but I haven't heard anyone say that around here I don't think.

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia

The Cavaliers started last season with a blowout loss to USC and the Trojans' stud OLB Brian Cushing looked to be like a surefire first rounder. Cushing, still looks to be a first rounder, but Clint Sintim may end up getting drafted higher. Sintim benefited being at UVA, as the Cavaliers are one of just a few teams that use a 3-4 defense. In the 3-4 this past season, Sintim recorded 11 sacks as an outside linebacker. Sintim's 3-4 experience is a major plus for NFL teams as he won't have the normal transitional learning phase many prospects have. He could also play OLB in a 4-3. Projected now as a first rounder.

Seems to be a great idea, and what's the blurb about struggling to cover backs one on one all about?

Clint Sintim Scouting Report

Projected Draft Position

by FFToolbox Writers

Ricky Dimon's 2/17 Mock Draft Round 1: #29 by NYG

Ben Standig's 2/16 Mock Draft Round 2: #9 by GB

Randall Weida's 2/10 Mock Draft Round 2: #26 by NE

Joel Welser's 2/9 Mock Draft Round 2: #16 by DEN

Raul Colon's 2/6 Mock Draft Round 2: #9 by GB

Forrest N. Long's 1/20 Mock Draft Round 1: #29 by NYG

Position: OLB

School & Year/Status: Virginia - Senior

Height & Weight: 6'3 - 254 lbs.

Ranked #30 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia

After redshirting as freshman in 2004, Clint Sintim started every game as a freshman in 2005 and never looked back. During that freshman campaign he ranked fifth on the team in tackles, third in sacks and fourth in tackles-for-loss. His numbers steadily improved over his career and he tallied 45 tackles, 12.0 tackles-for-loss and four sacks in 2006. By his junior year Sintim was a leader of the defense and recorded 77 tackles, ranking third on the team. By his senior campaign he totaled 70 tackles, 11.0 sacks and 13.0 tackles-for-loss. His 0.92 sacks per game average in 2008 was the best among linebackers in the entire nation and he was rewarded with second-team All-ACC honors.

Despite all the sacks, Sintim is a well balanced outside linebacker. He can deliver the big hit, get to the quarterback and drop back into coverage. At 6-3 and 254 pounds, he has the size to be a dominating linebacker in the NFL.

To many pundits, Sintim is the second best outside linebacker after Wake Forest's Aaron Curry. That would put him ahead of players like Brian Cushing and Marcus Freeman. Senior week and the combine will be the difference maker, but Sintim could end up being a first round selection. He may not have gotten much recognition during the season due to the relatively poor performance of the Cavaliers, but that will change now.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/...Sintim-OLB.html

Class: 2009 Big Board

School Bio

1/23/09 - Clint Sintim is trying to prove he can play in a 4-3 defense after flourishing in a 3-4 system at Virginia. He might be able to play the strongside, but is probably better suited to be a rush linebacker.

On that note, he struggled in one-on-one coverage when asked to stay with running backs. - The NFL Draft Bible On Location At The Senior Bowl

1.21.09 – Clint Sintim flashed his quick feet in drills that asked the LBs to step over pads while looking forward, and played with a natural violence that is fitting for a 3-4 OLB. He also got some reps in the pit as a defensive end and looked vicious blitzing in the backs on backers drill. - Draft Guys On Location at the Senior Bowl

Guest Aloysius

Perhaps I just haven't watched enough of Sintim, but I'm not at all excited about him. From what I've seen, he isn't very strong or explosive.

And according to one report, the Bengals coaches came away from their week coaching him at the Senior Bowl thinking that Sintim isn't anything more than a mid-round prospect.

Archived