THE BROWNS BOARD

JF has 200 more starts for the browns....

Tacosman

I think JF will get at least 2 whole seasons to prove himself, but after one whole season it will be so clear he is the franchise qb that this conversation will all seem silly.

Look Brandon weeden got a solid year and a half or so to stink, and weeden wasn't 22 years old, wasn't a heisman winner, etc.....

I expect JF to play better next two weeks, but if he doesn't it's no big deal. This is HIS TEAM. For a LONG TIME.

What NFL do you live in? If he plays like that again next week, he won't be a starter next year. No way you can start the season with a guy that performed this poor.

He was focking pure suck today.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then Quinn got 10 the next year.

JF will the starter for the entirety of 2015.

Not if he floats balls into the teeth of NFL defenses he won't. Think Pettine gives a shit that he needs 20 some starts? He'll start the next two ... then he graduates to "does he give us the best chance to win.". That's a tough room.

Z

If you actually believe JF has just two games left to prove anything, you're the one who may have to change teams or be disappointed....because Johnny isn't going anywhere. The browns are all in on JF, and there is no longer a qb controversy.

As for the OC, it's called autocorrect...it happens.

so you joined today , are an obvious Aggies Browns fan yet you have inside info on the Browns? You presume to know they are all in? You are a Fucktard go back to the Aggies board.

Of course, in the typical nfl learning curve, JF isn't going to throw for 80 yards and no points produced for 20 some straight games. Even Blaine gabbert types don't do that- because it's pretty much impossible.

My guess is that over the next 20 or so games JF has some games like this, some a little better, some a lot better. There will be flashes of great play, amd then flashes of mistakes. It's going to be a fun ride.....

But let's be real- Brian hoyer isn't coming back. Connor shaw isn't going to compete. And the browns aren't going to get a qb ready to compete in the draft. They may pick up another qb to replace hoyer as the backup, but it's probably not going to be a 6-7 mill cap guy like a Kyle orton(or Brian hoyer) type who could realistically be ready if JF plays poorly to compete.....iow, JF is the guy for the future.

As much as you guys are shitting on Johnny manziel fan boys, you're condemning him really fuckin quick. Seriously. The kid played badly today. Really badly, but killing him after one game? He Had a whole lot of no help from anyone around him specifically the line, or the run defense. I hated everything about the way he played today but we've got to try to give him a chance. Maybe this will "humble" him a little bit and maybe if he hates losing enough it'll light a fire under his ass.

Let's get real; to even have a chance at the playoffs we needed everyone else to lose and no one did. This season's last stand was vs Indy. We failed. The time is now to get manziel his game experience. Let everyone get their hating on him out and come back next season hopefully less hyped and much improved.

Apparently the massive amounts of Bacon have clogged blood flow to your brain. Haslam fired a. FO and coaching staff after one year and you think he will watch 12 games of the shit QB play we saw today? You are impaired.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have sucked just as bad at times and they get the nod for the better part of two seasons. GMs need to justify their moves and cutting a guy after 4 games means you have no evaluating skills, bad enough Gilbert has looked the way he has. If Manziel flames out in 4 games one of two things will happen. Farmer will be shown the door for creating this toxic environment for a talentless hack or as fans we will all know that Haslam sabotaged a season to get publicity for a guy they knew all along can't play.

Lol....sure someone like Connor shaw part 2(ie a late round draft pick or undrafted free agent) is really going to compete seriously for the job. Let's be real.

It's Johnny's job. If he struggles for a couple years, he may be on the hot seat then. But not anytime soon.

Uh if Hoyer signs with us, he might be the starter next year. He'll have to deal with the fact that Johnny is on the bench, but right now if Hoyer remains on the roster I'm betting he's the opening day starter next year. Johnny's got a ways to go.

Uh if Hoyer signs with us, he might be the starter next year. He'll have to deal with the fact that Johnny is on the bench, but right now if Hoyer remains on the roster I'm betting he's the opening day starter next year. Johnny's got a ways to go.

Brian hoyer is not going to sign with the browns. Someone is going to give him decent(a little better than orton) and he's going to take it....as he should.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have sucked just as bad at times and they get the nod for the better part of two seasons. GMs need to justify their moves and cutting a guy after 4 games means you have no evaluating skills, bad enough Gilbert has looked the way he has. If Manziel flames out in 4 games one of two things will happen. Farmer will be shown the door for creating this toxic environment for a talentless hack or as fans we will all know that Haslam sabotaged a season to get publicity for a guy they knew all along can't play.

I believe neither Farmer not Pettine had anything to do with selecting Manziel. The guy who did will likely not fire himself.

No one will argue that Johnny didn't suck today, but he did a few small things that interested me. There were a few times where he sold the run and found an open receiver right before he reached the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately those plays were killed by a ball thrown too high or a ball dropped. I'm not a Johnny fan, I'm a Browns fan, but taco face is right about one thing; 1st round QBs get more than three games to prove themselves.

I wanna know how Manziel reacts to the turd he left on the field today. He certainly learned something about the NFL today and if he is as competitive as people say he is I expect things to be a bit different in the future. The funny thing is that he basically played the same game that Dalton played a little more than a month ago and that ginger fuck just inked a 115 mil. extension.

First...Aaron Rodgers was won a fucking super bowl nimrod....Johnny fagboy has done shit in the NFL, you're embarrassing yourself putting the two in the same sentence.

Second...learn the coaches if you're going to criticize...the offensive coordinator is named Shanahan, not Shannon assface.

The pieces around your boyfriend won 7 games and didn't get shut out once. Your dreamboat QB threw for 80 yards today and we had more punts than first downs. He played like absolute dog shit.

No Johnny fagboys can defense that performance today. It was absolute shit, there was absolutely nothing that looked like an NFL QB that I saw. Fucking Fred Savage for the Texans came in and put up better stats than our first round draft pick. He's got 2 more games to show that he belongs...otherwise ship his ass off to the Cowboys.

It's Tom Savage assface

Fuck this board.

Why, because we can't possibly say Manziel sucked?

A lot of you guys are just not based in reality. The general rule is that even if you suck and show little promise at any point as a first round qb, you still get 20 or more starts. 22-29 seems to be the number most 'bad' first round qbs fall into. There are a few exceptions(weeden and Quinn got a few less than this but weeden was a unique first rounder in that he was so old so had less long term potential).

I'm not sure how much advanced math everyone has taken here, but 1 start plus 2 upcoming equals 3 starts. JF will almost certainly be the starter for the entirety of next year, and there is going to be no qb competition. If he blows chunks in 2015(unlikely), then there may but a competition in 2016.

And no, this is not a browns team that is just lacking a serviceable plug in qb. They are going to finish last in their league, and the only reason they are going to get to 8-8(maybe) is they had 4 games with the worst division in history. Give them a different division on th schedule and instead of 4-0 possibly thy go 1-2, maybe 2-2.

Johnny is a 22 yo rookie qb. There are going to be struggles very early in his career. I suggest you be patient with him and watch him improve(he will) rather than this 'you've got two games to show me something' nonsense.....Johnny has plenty of time to come around, and it may not happen as fast as we all want it to- but it will likely happen.

I know we've had such a run if crappy and worthless journeyman qbs that everyone is burnt out with the suck invests at qb....but you don't develop elite qbs with such a tragedy. It's ok to give undrafted free agents a quick peek and then move on, but with 22 yo first rounders, you are patient with them and watch them grow. None of those 2 more games nonsense.

Johnny also totally shit himself today. Next week is another story. Watch them grow, or watch them blow? Personally I'm damn tired of the latter option.

No, you probably get low to mid 20s then instead of 29.....but your welcome to go root for some other team next year, because there is no chance JF isn't spathe unquestioned starter. So either get on board or not. Your choice.

Hate to tell ya- but Manziel X3 duplicates his performances- he's not the unquestioned starter. We might bring in Unfamous Jameis in that scenario to give JFF something to think about. Hey- he won a Heisman too- which doesn't mean shit in the pros.

Of course, in the typical nfl learning curve, JF isn't going to throw for 80 yards and no points produced for 20 some straight games. Even Blaine gabbert types don't do that- because it's pretty much impossible.

My guess is that over the next 20 or so games JF has some games like this, some a little better, some a lot better. There will be flashes of great play, amd then flashes of mistakes. It's going to be a fun ride.....

But let's be real- Brian hoyer isn't coming back. Connor shaw isn't going to compete. And the browns aren't going to get a qb ready to compete in the draft. They may pick up another qb to replace hoyer as the backup, but it's probably not going to be a 6-7 mill cap guy like a Kyle orton(or Brian hoyer) type who could realistically be ready if JF plays poorly to compete.....iow, JF is the guy for the future.

If JFF plays like he did today, the future is bleak indeed, and you'll be long gone from this forum. Only 2 Agates have dared show their face today after that stinker from Johnny- and it's more because they're football fans, not Fanboys.

Well we got Tour all excited about Manziel sucking. So all must be good on the Browns bored.

Guess again, DipShit...

Only thing that got me cranked up were all the FanBoys who promised the world all week now pulling double duty as excuse makers.

Absolutely a couple years....look how long other first round qbs get, even if they are bad. Blaine gabbert got about two years of terrible play.

Gabbert was a 10th overall pick. All first round slots are not equal.

What were the alternatives to Gabbert in those "two-years" and how much improvement did he display that first year.

There is no hard and fast rule about how long a QB gets.

A lot of you guys are just not based in reality. The general rule is that even if you suck and show little promise at any point as a first round qb, you still get 20 or more starts. 22-29 seems to be the number most 'bad' first round qbs fall into. There are a few exceptions(weeden and Quinn got a few less than this but weeden was a unique first rounder in that he was so old so had less long term potential).

I'm not sure how much advanced math everyone has taken here, but 1 start plus 2 upcoming equals 3 starts. JF will almost certainly be the starter for the entirety of next year, and there is going to be no qb competition. If he blows chunks in 2015(unlikely), then there may but a competition in 2016.

There's a technical term for your style of argument. It's called "making shit up".

JM has two games to show a level of competency... not proficiency, merely NFL level competency. If he manages to do this, then he likely goes into TC 2015 as the starter, which only means it is his job to lose.

I think JF will get at least 2 whole seasons to prove himself, but after one whole season it will be so clear he is the franchise qb that this conversation will all seem silly.

Look Brandon weeden got a solid year and a half or so to stink, and weeden wasn't 22 years old, wasn't a heisman winner, etc.....

I expect JF to play better next two weeks, but if he doesn't it's no big deal. This is HIS TEAM. For a LONG TIME.

NO way this will happen if he plays like yesterday or even remotely close to it. He'll have to come out a different player, not just show "signs of improvement".

Lol. JF will be the future because he'll be our only option? That's what you're saying here. And sadly it might be true.

Seriously though, I'm hoping JF just had a colassal 60 minute brain fart yesterday and it'll soon be long forgotten.

It's Tom Savage assface

Yeah but Fred Savage was funnier dicktits. Who really gives a flying fuck one way or another what the dude for the Texans name is....fact is, with NO time to prepare with the first team (an excuse being made for JFF, not enough time to prepare) he came in and looked like he could be a NFL QB. While our first round Heisman trophy winning midget took a giant shit on the field yesterday.

And no, this is not a browns team that is just lacking a serviceable plug in qb. They are going to finish last in their league, and the only reason they are going to get to 8-8(maybe) is they had 4 games with the worst division in history. Give them a different division on th schedule and instead of 4-0 possibly thy go 1-2, maybe 2-2.

Johnny is a 22 yo rookie qb. There are going to be struggles very early in his career. I suggest you be patient with him and watch him improve(he will) rather than this 'you've got two games to show me something' nonsense.....Johnny has plenty of time to come around, and it may not happen as fast as we all want it to- but it will likely happen.

I know we've had such a run if crappy and worthless journeyman qbs that everyone is burnt out with the suck invests at qb....but you don't develop elite qbs with such a tragedy. It's ok to give undrafted free agents a quick peek and then move on, but with 22 yo first rounders, you are patient with them and watch them grow. None of those 2 more games nonsense.

i thought Stockboy was banned

Manziel joined a long list of rookies that include Troy Aikman, that was shut out in his first start. Manziel can only grow from this experience. A cold wet slap in the face is sometimes needed for a player to mature and be successful in the long run. The next two weeks will be interesting. I still say it was the right decision to play the rookie. We weren't going to the Super bowl anyway. So now we watch and hopefully he is the franchise. Remember, Aikman, Both Manning's, Bradshaw, etc all struggled their rooki years. We need to get him the momentum for next year.

My Super Bowl Prediction:

Patriots vs Seattle

What's yours?

Archived