THE BROWNS BOARD

John Football Excuses Forum....

cdl15

LOL... man, you are a riot. Stop it you're killin' me... So effin' funny. So effin' clever. Can't believe you're posting gold like this for free...

Here's one for you... What's the difference between objectivity and bias?

You are a funny dude. you know he has over 11,000 posts and I'll bet 6,000 + mentions a penis in some way or another. I guess that is what I miss about living up north. All the gay slurs.

BTW, your drummer list forgot John Bonham (Zep) and his kid Jason is awesome. Saw him last summer with Heart in the Woodlands and they did a ton of Zep songs together. Ann Wilson did a number with them. Rolled my socks down!

Back to football.

Fine the entire offensive line a game's pay to wake them up. They sucked. I can't believe that A & M's offense line could play better against SEC defenses than we did yesterday.

To TEXAS AG - Does Matthews graduate this year? Nice to have a real center with the Matthews blood line back up until it is his turn to start. One who can block nose tackles and can snap the ball when he's supposed to.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a funny dude. you know he has over 11,000 posts and I'll bet 6,000 + mentions a penis in some way or another. I guess that is what I miss about living up north. All the gay slurs.

BTW, your drummer list forgot John Bonham (Zep) and his kid Jason is awesome. Saw him last summer with Heart in the Woodlands and they did a ton of Zep songs together. Ann Wilson did a number with them. Rolled my socks down!

Back to football.

Fine the entire offensive line a game's pay to wake them up. They sucked. I can't believe that A & M's offense line could play better against SEC defenses than we did yesterday.

To TEXAS AG - Does Matthews graduate this year? Nice to have a real center with the Matthews blood line back up until it is his turn to start. One who can block nose tackles and can snap the ball when he's supposed to.

Thanks... I'll be here all life.

DieHard's OK for a redneck, Parma boy and he's a HS Alumni... but you may be a tad low in your estimate. Anyway he's fun to play with.

I would not have to expand my list too far before a Bonham would pop up.

Haven't heard Ag'69 talk too much about Mike Mathews. He's been peddling the Ag's LT, Ogbuhi(?), since he arrived here. I like Mike, but Jake was something else.

FYI... I lived in LaPorte for about 33 years.

Go Browns...

Yes! THATS why we lost. Hawkins.

Throw was late.

I don't see nearly as many Aggies fans here now.

Anyway, yesterday's performance was obviously NOT what anyone wanted from Johnny boy. I don't really think there are any excuses. Hoyer wouldn't have won the game either, the team as a whole did not have a good day. However I'm not using that as an excuse by any means. Late decisions, bad decisions, bad throws, you name it. He f$^%ed the goose, big time.

But it was his first NFL start. If he was on the Pats, I could hear all the Bostonians now screaming about how his career is over and they should trade him now. I don't think so, because he hasn't had a chance to get his feet wet with real NFL football. Now he knows what it's like to get your ass handed to you so I guess that's a good "Welcome to the NFL" message. Maybe the rest of this year he can just work on improving plays in real-game situations.

Nice take from the outside. Better get ready for more of the same JF, every defender in the NFL is going to be mocking you with the money sign when they do manage to kick your ass.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12028973&ex_cid=espnapi_public

The above clip is really going to get the Manzealots mad. I don't like Hodge either- and he's been wrong plenty of times. Called Manziel "a sixth round talent with first round hype".

You make a good point but to me what killed the whole game was the roughing penalty on Barkevious. It set them back on their heels and that was what Jeremy needed to run roughshod over them. What was it, 90+ yards in the first half? He'd hit holes and by the time we reacted he had 5 yards.

Not sure I'd pin everything on one penalty. The entire defense, except Robertson and Screen, shit the bed.

Throw was late.

The above clip is really going to get the Manzealots mad. I don't like Hodge either- and he's been wrong plenty of times. Called Manziel "a sixth round talent with first round hype".

Yes, throw was late... and it was to wrong side, but... it still should have been caught.

As for Hodge, he was damn near magnanimous yesterday in his criticism. Simply said JM never developed the ability to read and react to D's in college and clearly still lacks that ability. Added that he's never seen a QB enter the NFL devoid of that ability, develop it OJT and have success.

Kinda chilling...

Not sure I'd pin everything on one penalty.

I am sure... I would not pin it all on that.

Johnny Football....I really feel bad for this kid. I've never in my life, seen the national media, pile on, and make a joke of any other particular athlete, for having a bad game. This could easily be his demise, before he ever gets started. I haven't been a big supporter of Manziel's, but would love to see him succeed. How the hell is it that there are so many of you idiots who say you're Browns fans, but are happy about the way JF played?? It will be a miracle if this kid can recover from this stuff. If I were Pettine, I wouldn't play him again, except in a back up role....if Hoyer gets hurt. We're not going anywhere this season, and we're obviously regressing, so what's the big deal?

Yes, throw was late... and it was to wrong side, but... it still should have been caught.

As for Hodge, he was damn near magnanimous yesterday in his criticism. Simply said JM never developed the ability to read and react to D's in college and clearly still lacks that ability. Added that he's never seen a QB enter the NFL devoid of that ability, develop it OJT and have success.

Kinda chilling...

I am sure... I would not pin it all on that.

See, that's the thing about rookie QBs that eventually find success in the NFL. Their mechanics are usually quite sound buy the time they're drafted. It's adjusting to the speed of the game and seeing the complex defenses you've never faced before that highlight the growing pains.

In Johnny's case, not only is it that - but struggling to maintain the fundamentals any good QB should practice. That makes the transition more difficult by five fold. Hoge is being kind when he says it's an uphill battle. The chances of Manziel becoming a quality NFL starter are about as good as mine starting at QB for Mount Union next week.

. How the hell is it that there are so many of you idiots who say you're Browns fans, but are happy about the way JF played??

Happy? Who's happy? I dont see one happy post....not one.

I do see some "I told ya so's" and "I knew this would happens"....but thats not happy....

And I see a LOT of people saying "Im disappointed" or "he looked horrible"...

But Happy?.....dont see it...

Thanks... I'll be here all life.

DieHard's OK for a redneck, Parma boy and he's a HS Alumni... but you may be a tad low in your estimate. Anyway he's fun to play with.

I would not have to expand my list too far before a Bonham would pop up.

Haven't heard Ag'69 talk too much about Mike Mathews. He's been peddling the Ag's LT, Ogbuhi(?), since he arrived here. I like Mike, but Jake was something else.

FYI... I lived in LaPorte for about 33 years.

Go Browns...

I don't say anything I mean, or mean anything I say. I think.

Back to football.

Calling someone a dick head is a gay slur? Is that why you moved down south?

agreed. what a joke, people turn on Johnny after one game where the rest of the team decided to play their worst game of the year.

Johnny still should be at fault for some things, but he didnt give up 260 yds rushing and 41 minutes of posession.

He still couldnt get much going, but had no help at all, literally none.

Maybe Gordon on 3 catches helped, thats about it.

HA!.....My daughter was a cheerleader at Marietta....saw a few David and Goliath games myself...all from the David side.....

Except....Goliath always won....

Goliath is WW, their enrollment is nearly 10k students.

MU has around 1700 students.

Goliath is WW, their enrollment is nearly 10k students.

MU has around 1700 students.

Yeah...I get it.....and I hope they get em this year with a little pay back......GO MU!

But if you're from Marietta, Ohio Northern or Muskingum, then MU definitely seems like goliath....really....

Cool... even if I had to Google Gadd.

Moon was the shocker... never heard a drummer pack so much into songs with out intruding on the song.

Billy is just my guy. I know all drummers are ambidextrous to some degree, but Cobham is totally so.

Just wish JM's would do the same... ;) Guess we're back to football now...

Gadd is the best drummer you've never heard of.....but heard a million times over the past 40 years.....a taste would be the opening shuffle on Paul Simons 50 ways.....iconic

Moon was a crazy lunatic who played like...well.....Moon. One of a kind personality and drummer, who was absolutely great with the Who, but would never work out for anyone else......

And Cobham....a master technician with complete 4 limb independence....but a bit of an asshole who din't really play my kinda music....I did appreciate him enough though, to add a couple of his old snare drums to my collection......eventually sold em on Ebay tho...

Every list deserves John Bonham......If your into Jason and Heart, then check out the Led Zepp tribute they did at the Kennedy Awards(if you haven't already).....an AMAZING rendition of Stairway to Heaven....

Throw was late.

I know....It was sarcasm....

Go BROWNS..........Mt Union..........and JOHNNY!

To answer a couple of questions-Mike Matthews is a junior and a bit undersized @ 6'2" 290 for an NFL Center-there are other, better ones out there. However there is a younger brother still in HS and rumor has it he will be the best of the bunch barring serious injury. Given how good Jake is that will be hard to follow. Freshman Luke Matthews is a 6'3" 290 lb. OT. starting for Mo. City (Elkins) in Tx.

Ogbuehi made 1st team Walter Camp AA and is a senior-had to move him back to RT when his replacement there was injured I believe. All his experience except for a few early games has been at RG or RT his entire A&M career. Yes, I still think he could help us if he is still available by the time we pick.

PS-if we are really looking for a center (and I hope not since I sure want Mack to recover fully) we would need to find a way to steal Auburn's Reese Dismukes-great player!!

agreed. what a joke, people turn on Johnny after one game where the rest of the team decided to play their worst game of the year.

Johnny still should be at fault for some things, but he didnt give up 260 yds rushing and 41 minutes of posession.

He still couldnt get much going, but had no help at all, literally none.

Maybe Gordon on 3 catches helped, thats about it.

I agree the Bengals defense was amped up with something to prove- but Johnny's grand total was THREE first downs- two of the five were by penalty. Pathetic, even for a first NFL start.

Anyone that understands football knew Manziel would have trouble making it in this league. His style of play in college will never translate into the NFL.

IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

He will need to change his game.

I'm afraid it's too late for that. We've seen the pounding square pegs into round holes approach fail over and over.

He was Johnny "College" Football... Now he is just Johnny Jamboogie.

LOL beat me to that one- I saw one of the Board members post it on Facebook too. As Jimmy Johnson would say- "you talked the talk Johnny- now it's time to walk the walk."

Merrill Hoge is a guy who is puffing his chest out because he said Manziel wouldn't be good. He's a classic example of a guy who throws a bunch of shit at the wall and hopes that one thing sticks. He's the same guy who was adamant about the Colts taking RGIII over Luck and Cam Newton never leading a winning football team. Sorry but that smug look he gets makes me want to punch him through the television.

Merrill Hoge is a guy who is puffing his chest out because he said Manziel wouldn't be good. He's a classic example of a guy who throws a bunch of shit at the wall and hopes that one thing sticks. He's the same guy who was adamant about the Colts taking RGIII over Luck and Cam Newton never leading a winning football team. Sorry but that smug look he gets makes me want to punch him through the television.

Let's face it.

The odds aren't good for a QB that's under 6 feet with a weak arm in this league. Throw in the fact that he thinks he can outrun everyone will only make matters worst.

You got to say though...he does make things interesting. Fail or succeed.

This might be good for Manziel. Imagine if he came in and lit it up right away? Look at RG3. He came in, was great and was given the key to the city. Look at him now, complete mess. Look at Kap, he looks horrible after looking so great last season. Might be good for Manziel to shit down his leg these final games. Realize that he has to stop the parting, mature and work his ass off in the off season.

You make it sound as if Kaep and RG3 don't want to be better QB's. They most certainly do. But they won't be. You have to have a combination of god given talent and hard work. Having one or the other isn't enough to be great at QB.

This might be good for Manziel. Imagine if he came in and lit it up right away? Look at RG3. He came in, was great and was given the key to the city. Look at him now, complete mess. Look at Kap, he looks horrible after looking so great last season. Might be good for Manziel to shit down his leg these final games. Realize that he has to stop the parting, mature and work his ass off in the off season.

I don't see a scenario where absolute suckage is a good thing for Johnny.

Might be good for Manziel to shit down his leg these final games. Realize that he has to stop the parting, mature and work his ass off in the off season.

That happens and we won't have to worry about Johnny as our QB next year.

Archived