THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown fans are so pissed at Manziel but no outrage over 244 rushing yards against the defense. They get a free pass. I think the shit play by the entire team is getting a free pass.

Not at all, but Hoyer never got a free pass. Again the issues with the offense were magnified with Johnny under center, not improved.

Now that I've come down from all this, here's the best thing we can all hope for. Maybe this will be a HUGE wake up call for Manziel and Shanahan. For Manziel, it's realizing fast he's going to be a pocket passer FIRST and a runner SECOND. This goes hand in hand of course with Shanahan realizing the read-option bullshit doesn't work as the staple of the offense. Manziel deserves and has to play in a similar scheme to what Hoyer was in. He may fall flat on his ass but there's no way we will win with the scheme trotted out today.

What gets me is that, even as a rookie starting - you almost always see one play, just ONE that makes you go "damn, i can see why they were excited". Or "damn, nice throw".

I didn't see that once today with Johnny.

Me, neither...

Oh I saw a couple of great plays. What I liked is he was willing to take some chances with the ball. Wasn't all check downs. He will be better next week. Go Browns!

Nice throws on the move. One was dropped the other caught by Gordon. I thought he did a good job with managing the offense, nice tempo.

Forget "great throws"... this is a timing route offense. Hoyer showed us examples of this in every single game including his worst games.

Drop, hit back foot, step and gone... on time in rhythm.

Tell me how many throws were made on time today. I doubt your "nice throws on the move" will count. We did not run that many designed moves.

Take your time, but with only 18 throws it shouldn't take too long. We'll wait.

As bad as the mechanics and reads were today, its pretty clear why the coaches were so reluctant to play him.

He looked lost and made a lot of bad reads. So, he's not NFL ready and has a lot to learn.....playing is the only way....

Just reinforces the "Hoyer lost the job; Johnny did not win it" angle.

On reads... per Johnny in his presser, he made them, game was not too fast, he just wasn't decisive enough and it lead to him holding onto the ball too long.

Example he offered was the INT in Hawk's direction. While the play screamed "late", as did most of his throws, late did not cause that INT. He threw ball to the inside of an out route and put nothing close to the velocity he is capable of into the throw. Hawk slowed and the ball was still behind him.

Result: Easy pickings... and not exactly great self-analysis.

You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

More still in the pipeline?

In bold, this^ for me as well. Ugh I'm more upset now that Hoyer couldn't keep his mojo through the entire season...

Brown fans are so pissed at Manziel but no outrage over 244 rushing yards against the defense. They get a free pass. I think the shit play by the entire team is getting a free pass.

Agreed on the part about the defense and the team playing terribly. All they had to do was stop the run and force Dalton to play. Even the little bit he did play he threw an interception. But they do NOT get a free pass. There will be talk about everything that went wrong yesterday, and Manziel will be included in a lot of it. Why? Because there was SO much talk about his special abilities and we'd be amazed. I was amazed all right...in the complete opposite way of what I was expecting. Not one play yesterday showed us any of what the JF fanboys guaranteed us. Nothing. Complete and utter fucking disaster. All he showed was he's in no way ready for the NFL.

I hope he does a 180 next week vs Panthers, and gets us to at least 8-8. The floor has been set. He can't go anywhere from here but up. Right?? Fuckity fuck fuck.

Archived