THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only if we have the 22nd pick......

Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

Maybe Connor Shaw will quietly light up the NFL.

Only if we have the 22nd pick......

Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

Please keep that headcase away from my team.

Overall total team loss. Everyone pretty much stunk. Johnny was far worse than I thought he'd be and I wasn't expecting much.

Good news, it can't get much worse than that. Bad news, it sure as hell can stay he same.

You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

More still in the pipeline?

Absolutely he had a huge part in the offensive struggles. But a total of 18 pass attempts, half of which the defenders where all over him, isn't any thing to over analyze. He completed 10 by the way, so it's not like he was missing guys left and right. The two interceptions and a couple other throws were awful, but they were clearly bad decisions that I am sure Shanahan and Johnny will go over. Johnny probably doesn't force those throws if we are ahead or closer to the Bengals. If there were open guys and Johnny was missing them and got sacked that is one thing. But we don't know if guys were open or not. Maybe the coverage was really good. His 5 rush for 13 yards isn't the end of the world either. Like I said with Hoyer all year no matter the stats there is no excuse for not scoring touchdowns. I didn't expect Johnny to come in a win the game by himself. I expected 2+ turnovers but clearly I didn't expect the 0 points.

Johnny may well be a bust and this game could be a sign of things to come but none of us knows that yet. Are you really considering drafting a QB based on 23 plays?

Absolutely he had a huge part in the offensive struggles. But a total of 18 pass attempts, half of which the defenders where all over him, isn't any thing to over analyze. He completed 10 by the way, so it's not like he was missing guys left and right. The two interceptions and a couple other throws were awful, but they were clearly bad decisions that I am sure Shanahan and Johnny will go over. Johnny probably doesn't force those throws if we are ahead or closer to the Bengals. If there were open guys and Johnny was missing them and got sacked that is one thing. But we don't know if guys were open or not. Maybe the coverage was really good. His 5 rush for 13 yards isn't the end of the world either. Like I said with Hoyer all year no matter the stats there is no excuse for not scoring touchdowns. I didn't expect Johnny to come in a win the game by himself. I expected 2+ turnovers but clearly I didn't expect the 0 points.

Johnny may well be a bust and this game could be a sign of things to come but none of us knows that yet. Are you really considering drafting a QB based on 23 plays?

It's okay, we still want to count the Buffalo plays, too.

If Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer and Super Bowl MVP could struggle mightly in his first start, how much more someone of equal or lesser talent?

I had to hear my dad yell and scream about how Aikman sucked and shouldn't have been drafted for a whole season. I kept telling him it was too soon he would get better. He did.

I am using this example because it's what I saw first hand and what kindof celling he can have. Young and Farve (scrambling Qbs) it took them a few years to become great.

Please let's not put Manziel in the Aikman, Favre & Young category.

Calling Young and Farve "scrambling" QB's in the 80's is NOTHING comparable to what these kids do now in college.

Young and Farve are passers first with great mobility. Always have been. Johnny in college was extremely similar to Pat White minus having elite talent around him.

Maybe Connor Shaw will quietly light up the NFL.

Can you quietly make it in the NFL anymore?

(Bottom to top...)

Nope... JM's ours now.

His 5 rush for 13 yd performance is not "the end", but it confirms that he ain't in college anymore. Bigger... faster... stronger... and I'm not referring to JM.

Benji was "wide open" and still an INT resulted. But here's the thing, wide open in the NFL is not even close to how open Benji was. We saw no tight window throws all game. We've now seen 1 in two games.

(Now freestyle)

But thru his ineptitude he had a major hand in only having "18 pass plays".

Probably doesn't force those throws? Sorry you do not get to play the expert in all things Johnny this week. Possibly the only thing that sucked harder than JM's performance this week were your predictions.

It was fucking 3rd & 4 on the fucking 19 when he forced CIN to INT him in the endzone. Not what I had in mind when I was reading all fucking week about how "his game was going to improve our red zone offense", "improve our run game" and "improve our pass game". You do not force the ball in the redzone period.

Calling Young and Farve "scrambling" QB's in the 80's is NOTHING comparable to what these kids do now in college.

Young and Farve are passers first with great mobility. Always have been. Johnny in college was extremely similar to Pat White minus having elite talent around him.

Comparing him to Young Favre and Aikman is crazy

I will point out that Carr & Bortles both started for terrible teams too....and lost.....but did find a way to look promising?...decent?.....somewhat ready?....even though they had much less time to prepare.....

What gets me is that, even as a rookie starting - you almost always see one play, just ONE that makes you go "damn, i can see why they were excited". Or "damn, nice throw".

I didn't see that once today with Johnny.

The one interception in the end zone was his fancy maneuvering in the pocket, except it wasn't so cool because he heaved a prayer to multiple bengal defenders.

Other times when he tried his fancy maneuvering he got caught...Other times when he tried to escape he didn't need to.

What gets me is that, even as a rookie starting - you almost always see one play, just ONE that makes you go "damn, i can see why they were excited". Or "damn, nice throw".

I haven't witnessed anything yet that would lead me to the Farmer/Haslam conclusion that he is "our guy". Even at A&M and with his Heisman year there are 3-5 guys each year in college football putting up those numbers, are we looking at Trevone Boykin next year? I mean for shit's sake Ray Farmer gets paid to evaluate talent and his first 2 picks were Justin Gilbert and Manziel...just don't get it.

Oh I saw a couple of great plays. What I liked is he was willing to take some chances with the ball. Wasn't all check downs. He will be better next week. Go Browns!

Like what? The chances I saw downfield were all late or high. One late pick and the other thrown directly at the safety...

What exactly did you see that I did not?

I haven't witnessed anything yet that would lead me to the Farmer/Haslam conclusion that he is "our guy". Even at A&M and with his Heisman year there are 3-5 guys each year in college football putting up those numbers, are we looking at Trevone Boykin next year? I mean for shit's sake Ray Farmer gets paid to evaluate talent and his first 2 picks were Justin Gilbert and Manziel...just don't get it.

Gilbert is a rook playing arguably the hardest position in the NFL. He's also been slowly improving over the course of the season. No reason to include his name here.

Like what? The chances I saw downfield were all late or high. One late pick and the other thrown directly at the safety...

What exactly did you see that I did not?

I saw brian hoyer throw numerous picks in the last few games. Are we seriously calling for this guy's head already? Seriously? If we are we're the worst fans in the world. Go Browns.

Gilbert is a rook playing arguably the hardest position in the NFL. He's also been slowly improving over the course of the season. No reason to include his name here.

He's the 8th pick in the draft who plays special teams, until he contributes he's on my list. I think Fuller is playing for the Bears

I agree.. The only thing that was remotely decent was the pass that Hawkins dropped because if he didn't have his ability to scramble it's a sack and he made a good choice and threw a good pass.

I thought he did a good job with managing the offense, nice tempo.

Yeah...was fucking awesome managing the offense to zero fucking points and more punts than first downs. Give me a fucking break. He played like shit and didn't do a good job of anything.

Brown fans are so pissed at Manziel but no outrage over 244 rushing yards against the defense. They get a free pass. I think the shit play by the entire team is getting a free pass.

cmon man....this weeks story is Johnny.....stop trying to deflect

We've all been waiting a looooooooong time to discuss his play....its time

Brown fans are so pissed at Manziel but no outrage over 244 rushing yards against the defense. They get a free pass. I think the shit play by the entire team is getting a free pass.

No the issue is Johnny fanboy faggots who have been telling us all year how much better the team would be with their boyfriend playing QB. Y'all got your wish and he shit all over himself and now there's actually some trying to make excuses for him or even trying to say that he didn't suck shitballs today.

The defense did him no favors at all today, however...he didn't show one ounce of NFL ability in that game today. Absolutely ZERO NFL ability.

Oh, I'm plenty pissed about the non-existent defense today. But I'm also pissed about the 117 yards of offense as well. The manzealots tried to make everyone believe that he could put up 40+ points a game without breaking a sweat. I'll give you credit for making an appearance today, which is more than I can say for some of the other nut swinging JF fanbois.

. I believe he will be a great quarterback but I didn't say it would happen instantly. Only complete idiots would believe that. The entire team (including manziel) played horribly.

You can believe that all you want but he showed nothing today to back that statement up.

You can believe that all you want but he showed nothing today to back that statement up.

What get's me is he is never showed anyone outside the state of Texas that he could be a GREAT NFL QB.

I watched Jason White dominate college football and win the Heisman but I wasn't one bit surprised it wasn't going to translate to the NFL.

I'm out of town right now so I had to stream the game to my Verizon phone with the NFL Mobile app. (It says it's streaming Fox)

Dear god it was commercials commercials commercials...

Everything I saw was terrible, like gut wrenching about to vomit no better then the last 20 years bad.

Anyways, Cindy marched down the field and scored yet again, I believe it was around the 20 point mark, and when they went to commercial Elijah Wood was standing next to Joe Thomas with this look of horror on his face.

Then it hit me. It was Johnny Manziel. Dear god you could easily mistake those 2 for each other in public.

I vote we change the nickname from Johnny Football to Johnny Frodo.

As bad as the mechanics and reads were today, its pretty clear why the coaches were so reluctant to play him.

He looked lost and made a lot of bad reads. So, he's not NFL ready and has a lot to learn.....playing is the only way....

Ill be looking for noticeable adjustments on his part next week.....to see if he's taking the coaching.....cause today it didn't look like it

As bad as the mechanics and reads were today, its pretty clear why the coaches were so reluctant to play him.

He looked lost and made a lot of bad reads. So, he's not NFL ready and has a lot to learn.....playing is the only way....

Ill be looking for noticeable adjustments on his part next week.....to see if he's taking the coaching.....cause today it didn't look like it

Yep...There's a positive for all the fanboy fags. He really can't look any worse next week against Carolina than he did today so as long as he improves on that shit show today, it will be a step in the right direction. But he better show something next week or its not going to give us a lot of hope for the future.

Archived