THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see Johnny's still raw. He really needs another year on the bench. It makes me even more irritated with Hoyer that he started fucking up that bad that we had to bring in Johnny before he was ready. I was so hoping for Hoyer to be our starter "no question" for 3 years and then Johnny wins the job 4th year. But the hype machine wouldn't sit fucking still for that many years would it? Everybody's gotta see the money signs now...the marketing machine wouldn't wait 4 years either. We need to see Johnny and Lebron pairing up in commercials now. No thought to actually building something with a solid base. I really can't stand that aspect of our culture. It's more important to get a kid in some nike commercials than it is to raise him right so he contributes to the fucking team that drafted him.

Not really a Cleveland issue. If Hoyer was "starting QB" type talent Manziel would have sat a year. In the last 10 years the only guy to sit and wait was Aaron Rodgers behind Favre. That's the reality of the NFL, as soon as you draft a QB in the 1st round he plays

Welp, 1. this can put to rest the "lose the locker room" part of the Hoyer/Manziel debate. Everyone (Gordon ???) played hard (not well, maybe, but hard, yes) last week. Today...well, I can't tell or say for sure from sitting my ass on the couch, but it's certainly not better than it was with Hoyer in.

2. Pettine's "we'll play the guy who gives us the best chance to win," makes more sense now, no? I was for the switch after last Sunday. I get why it basically has to be the case, but Pettine had a fair, justifiable, for the moment, accurate, rationale.

3. Hoyer needed help in his 10-6 mark. JFF needs help, too. At least the "good Brian" is a little more appreciated after today.

i'm glad it's over. that was very hard to watch. i was pumped up after the defense's performance last week, not sure what happened today. it's like they have some aversion to stopping 2nd string RBs. at least manziel got to play his first entire NFL game today. it can only go up from here.

Absolutely no advantage for Johnny this game. If he was going to have success he was going to do it alone. First game out against tough opponent in playoff atmosphere and he laid an egg. At least Shanahan and Johnny have some tape to look at and hopefully can figure out something. Remember Johnny didn't play under center one snap at A&M so it is pretty new to him. Got to give credit to the Bengals though. The Browns had no chance today no matter what happened. I will not be watching Sportcenter this week that is for sure.

People who judge a Qbs career after one start are morons and have no football knowledge. Judge the game instead of pushing an agenda.

Please....dont get overly offended(knew you would).....no ones judging his career, that wasn't already doing it before the game....

Agendas get pushed.....like how bad the D was today, right?....

Just remember the best D cant win with Zero points on the score board....

The whole world has waited for this day(right?....THE BIG DAY?)...so OF COURSE we're gonna discuss it....JOHNNY....

And, unfortunately, he was terrible and did many of the "negative" things people were worried about.....so, it's gonna get discussed....and pointed out because thats how it goes....if you cant stand to read it, then step away.....

People who judge a Qbs career after one start are morons and have no football knowledge. Judge the game instead of pushing an agenda.

I don't think anyone on here is "pushing an agenda"

Coming into the season there were questions by NFL experts as to Manziel's arm strength and his ability to manage a pro offense given A&M's offense is simple.

In preseason a decent job by Manziel would've won him the starting job. After week 9 Hoyer started going in the toilet but they kept him because the coaches, who see these guys practice, thought Brian gave them the best shot to win. After last week the team went into "let's see what we got" mode. Today isn't Manziel's entire career but it sums up what we already know, he misses throws, floats throws, doesn't read the defenses and would rather run than stay in the pocket.

I hope he gets better because unless he gets hurt, or Farmer has an extreme change of heart, we've got him for at least 12 more games.

As was said in the Tavern... just judging one game at a time.

There will be more to judge and odds are/ pray God, they will be better showings.

Aikmans first start 17-35, 2 interceptions 180 yards. Cowboys lost 28-0.

Just saying...

Gee whiz. You're right. Makes us feel so fucking much better we think we'll put on a show in the barn...

One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

More still in the pipeline?

More still in the pipeline?

I think that came from the same pipeline that claims our D lost this game. Even though we didn't score. Rational, I know.

D did allow a long opening drive, which set the tone. O couldn't stay on the field long enough to rest them....ever....so....

Archived