THE BROWNS BOARD

Weekly Walter Update

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Link

The picks:

5. brownsb_logo.gifCleveland Browns: Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest WakeForest_logo.gif
  • It looks like this is Aaron Curry's floor. With some projecting the top linebacker in this class to go in the top three - I don't think this will happen, based on what I said in the Rams and Chiefs write-ups - Cleveland will be thrilled if Curry falls to them.

The Browns desperately need help at inside linebacker, given that the ineffective Andra Davis is a free agent. If, for some reason, Curry is unavailable here, the Browns will likely choose between Brian Orakpo and Everette Brown, depending on who has the better Combine. Malcolm Jenkins will be considered, but No. 5 is a little too high for him, and corner isn't a primary need anyway.

36. brownsb_logo.gifCleveland Browns: Clint Sintim, DE/OLB, Virginia Virginia_logo.gif

• I've had Shonn Greene going here in my previous few updates, but with weight and off-the-field issues being concerns, I've moved him down.

Cleveland simply couldn't get to the quarterback in 2008. The team managed 17 sacks, and no player had more than four. This really needs to change quickly.

100. brownsb_logo.gifCleveland Browns: James Davis, RB, Clemson Clemson_logo.gif

• I seriously think Jamal Lewis could be the slowest person on the planet right now. If he ran the 40 in 13 seconds or more, I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Browns desperately need a better rushing attack for Brady Quinn.

I don't like the last two picks, but the first one's cool with me.

If it played out that way, I would be good....Curry....no doubt...I think Walter places a bit too much emphasis on needs...I think one of the stud centers who are bound to be on the board would be a better pick in round 2 because we have the need and because I think a center or two who should be there would be the best players on the board.

I know some have dropped Davis this past year.....but I like him...has a good all around game and a back who I think is going to have a long NFL career. I could see him in the mold of Addai....maybe a step slower but a bit more rugged in the middle of the line.

We could play Davis at RB and not really need a replacement for 6-7 years. There is no reason why he couldn't put up 1300 on the ground and catch 20-30 passes a year.

Archived