THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers should be removed as starter

DieHardBrownsFan

Us browns fans see 7 wins so early in season all the time. Can't believe this is happening again

You can't be happy with 7 wins and mediocrity.

Expect better, raise the bar, raise the standard, stop fucking settling.

Christ, we had this won game today and pussy head coach blew it.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

Really? You start off talking about how you aren't a fanboy and then say you want JF traded and you will only root for this team while he is here? Please go away fanboy...

I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

You will root for the Cleveland Browns as long as JFF is here.

I will root for JFF as long as he's a Cleveland Brown.

There's your difference.

You will root for the Cleveland Browns as long as JFF is here.

I will root for JFF as long as he's a Cleveland Brown.

There's your difference.

Love it

well it says a lot about a player when a NFL coaching staff and FO decide that a so-called 'perennial backup' is better than him. and i for one trust their opinion over some fan from the players college days. how sad is that, that you actually would come to a NFL team's fan page and insist that your fave college player should start just because he is your favorite college player? so do us all a favor......

I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

please don't. the door is right there. have a nice day and drive safe! oh, and grab a cookie on the way out.

No sir. Not on the coach. Put your starting QB up there with his back against the wall and see what you get.

You wanna know what you got? Now you know.

You don't know what you got until you see what you get. Live and learn.

Now we know, and it's more than some of us expected.

I agree we set the bar awful low but to say Pettine lost this and not the players is unfair. What I think a lot of people are overlooking is Pettine/Farmer got rid of Tate for not performing and because they felt that have something in West and Crowell. If they truly thought Manziel is a game changer he'd be in there. My fear is he has been sitting to "figure it out" and they might not be sold on him.

Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

You are the worst.

You taunt us for all our losing seasons, then still pretend you're a browns fan?

What is this a thing for jf lovers to come and gloat about how stupid we are and right they were.

Just because we didn't purchase dildos moulded by JF doesn't mean we didn't wanna see him or hope he succeeds for the browns for many,many years. We're behind JF, I don't know why you have a perception otherwise.

Wait... Walter you like Johnny now? First you love him so much we all had to sort through 9 Draft Johnny threads a day, then hate him and bitch about who the Browns didn't draft, now you want the coached fired for not playing him...

And you don't like Coach Pettine? After the Cinncy game you thought he was the best thing ever...

Bipolar flip flopping whine ass.

Do us all a favor and STFU.

Better yet, mods, do us a favor and block him from starting new threads...

Thanks for the memories Brian. It was a book, albeit a short one, with a cute plot. I was rooting for you all the way to the end.

Sure, even today, in the world of sports there's always reasons, excuses, other guys who didn't help, but the chances are up. So, it's time to move on.

Manziel's got the next 19 games. Awesome. I'm ready for next Sunday already. The Bengals suck. I'm all in on JFF now as much as I was with Hoyer as of Browns 31, Steelers 10 or Browns 24, Bengals 3. Let's wreck this fucking league. Start with wrecking Cincinnati's fucking season.

If JFF is lightning in a bottle and the Browns run the table, it's still possible to get enough help and make the playoffs, so there's no reason to make any decisions based on just playing out the string. At this point, it's "playing to win the game" and "about next season" at the same time. There's still more excitement and optimism about the Browns than nearly any other time in the last two decades.

The epilogue to "St. Ignatius Boy Makes it to the Big Stage" is a pitiful alternate ending - something Browns fans have whole walls of - so yes, irony closes Hoyermania, irony much too blount and cheesy for being actual, fine literature. So close, yet so far - yep, that cheesy. There is and was no second book coming. It's still only a funny, little novel to take off the shelf on a rainy day, thumb through and chuckle at once every few years or so. To a small degree, that'll still be true. I was in the Georgia Dome, a few rows behind the Atlanta end zone, when Brian completed those four passes in the last 0:44.

If sometime I'm reading a book or watching a movie about another football team, say in New York or Washington, and there's a character eerily similar to the good Hoyer, it'll be along the lines of one of those out-of-the-blue inside jokes which takes me, and only me for anyone living within 100 miles of me, back to that week at the beach with friends between junior and senior year of high school.

Epilogue

If only Brian could've gone entirely "game manager" today and kept his head on enough for a 31-20 victory. A deserved end to the story? Apparently not, but what's "deserve" got to do with a Browns fan in December for once?

The Hoyer story continues to an 8-5 mark and hosting the Bengals with a shot at first place in the division with two games left.

Remember Brian's last two games against the Bengals? They were good, but those don't matter at the present. Now, thanks for the memories.

Brian Hoyer: "I expect to start next week"

Wow. I'm beginning to dislike this guy. If he was a team guy, he would offer to sit because the team is better without him. Just why??

If the defense would have held, and the Browns won, would he be saying, "I told you I would win. Now I'm 11-5."

Good lord, somebody draw him a picture.

It is true, i am ready.

My Browns fandom will not be questioned.

I have seen enough from Hoyer and have determined that l have seen enough. Most amazing back up QB in the world, but l am ready for the next level.

Tearing a page from Jerry McGuire, who's with me.

And l realize that was gay as hell.

I'm in for Johnny for all the same reasons as you. Basically, I've seen enough and don't need to see another snap to know what Brian's ceiling is. Johnny is the next man up, your turn kid............ Don't fuck it up.

Archived