THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers should be removed as starter

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best coach we had since bill

I agree. The talk about dumping Pettine is crazy. I do understand why he went with Hoyer this week, though I also think we should have seen Johnny at some point today.

That is neither here nor there anymore. It is what it is. Next week is a different deal. Hoyer has been largely ineffective the last 3-4 games, and we are pretty much out of the playoff hunt.

Time to start seeing what we have in Manziel and give him some seasoning headed in to next year. I don't see any chance we sign Hoyer to what he is hoping to get. I think we let him walk unless Johnny plays like crap the next 3 games.

I would fire Pettine and promote Shanahan, Mike Pettine isn't winner and has no killer instinct.

We need a coach like Chip Kelly.

Mike Pettine LOST THE LOCKER ROOM TODAY.

when do you turn 15?

I thought those stories were pretty funny and others thought the same in response to the Hoyer debate that was going on. But yeah, you guys are still fags

Count me among those who thought they were funny and appreciated that they came outta left field.

Seriously. But l also wanna know. Browns fan? Bengals fan?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Hoyer has a proven track record, of what? He's a bad QB cut from three different teams and was one of the worse rated QB's in the NFL.

The coach chose to lose today and that's a fireable offense.

There may be some merit buried deep inside your ongoing rant on Pettine and Hoyer. Having said that the comment bolded above is simply stupid. If you think he consciously chose to lose you have seriously diminished mental capacity. As far as Hoyer is concerned hindsight is 20/20 as they say. You posted many times early on about your love and preference for Manziel. Subsequently after a few wins you made comments like "Hoyers the real deal", "Hoyer is in command" etc. It is pretty easy to flop back and forth depending on game results.

At the end of the day we agree that its time to turn the page to JF, I even agree he should have been inserted mid game today.

I don't see it that way Walt, and we agree more than not.

Petine had to play it out one more time.

I too would have like to have seen Johnny at least come the 4th qtr, but now all doubt is removed. It's time for Johnny Football.

I don't agree Pettine chose to lose this week. However, if we don't start Johnny next week, you will hear me booing as loud as i can if Hoyer trots out on to the field as the starter unless Johnny somehow gets hurt this week during practice.

As far as I am concerned, Brian is yesterdays news.

Exactly the way i see it. He had to give him one last chance. If he woulda started JF today, it woulda been a smack in the face to the vets on the team who had gone through all the battles with Hoyer. But this has gotta be the final nail. Its Manziel mania time lol, buckle your seatbelts folks!

Oh fuck your feelings.

Primal instinct > sensitivity towards feelings

I think half the veterans at this point are sick and tired of Hoyer.

I bet you wouldnt say that to one single Brown's player or coach.

Dont really put too much stock into what you have to say, you've proven time and time again that smarts aint a strength for you.

Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

what was said in the post game presser? did hoyer actually say that he should be the starter? if so, i'm laughing.

i guess you have to have confidence in yourself and project it to others but C'MON MAN! yep, he had a chance to step up to the plate and deliver and he whiffed.

If I'm a free agent of The Browns, I'd walk in a heart beat to get away from Pettine.

He chose to lose today, plain and simple.

YEp I'd walk he has a young team over achieving and sitting at 7-6 what a hack. Us browns fans see 7 wins so early in season all the time. Can't believe this is happening again

Archived