THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers should be removed as starter

DieHardBrownsFan

The second quarter touchdown drive lost us the game. If we don't score there Pettine puts Johnny in to start the second half.

It's funny that now all of you want Johnny to start the next game. Everything you are saying now could have been said last week and Johnny would have started. Johnny wins this game. No doubt in my mind. We lost by one with Hoyer playing awful. I don't know if Johnny can beat Cincy but Johnny wins this game.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Pettine played scared with the shitty QB instead of starting the badass.

He compromised the locker room today and everyone is going to walk in FA because they don't want to play for a soft, scared, frightened mentality coach.

If I'm a big name FA like Gipson, Cameron, or Skrine, Mike Pettine is the last guy I want to take orders from.

Pettine lost us the game and I hope they just give the offensive power and decisions to someone else.

I'd fire Pettine but that's just me.

Yeah lets fire the coach that has made the Browns watchable in December for the first time in 7 years, smart.

go jerk off to your manziel fat head

LOL.....this is really bothering you that Hoyer couldn't get it done.

Who's fault is that? He got another shot and shit the bed.

Time to move on.

It's funny that now all of you want Johnny to start the next game. Everything you are saying now could have been said last week and Johnny would have started. Johnny wins this game. No doubt in my mind. We lost by one with Hoyer playing awful. I don't know if Johnny can beat Cincy but Johnny wins this game.

Boom, agreed, but most of these posters can't handle exciting QB play from Manziel.

Put it this way faded if manziel was traded tmrw to the jags you fanboys would jump ship here and buy jags jerseys. We were born browns fans and will die browns fans.you on the other hand are following a player. THats a fanboy!

^^this exactly!!

Put it this way faded if manziel was traded tmrw to the jags you fanboys would jump ship here and buy jags jerseys. We were born browns fans and will die browns fans.you on the other hand are following a player. THats a fanboy!

Isn't it sad when you have to define "fanboy"? It's still lost on them...

140 yards and NO touchdowns, two interceptions

Last week 192 yards and NO touchdowns two interceptions

He now has more interceptions than touchdowns. I wonder what Pettine will do now?

legos at 14....really?

It was probably more like age 12 or 13, but yeah. All l know is it was Jr high, hard ons were happening, girls were on my my mind 5 out of every 10 seconds, and legos were on my mind 2 of the other 10 seconds. Homework and chores filled out the rest.

Rama lama ding ding.

Isn't it sad when you have to define "fanboy"? It's still lost on them...

Clueless...

Once knew a guy who was a total frontrunner.....and when confronted with ALWAYS following whoever the top team was, he basically was like "of course, duh, who wants to follow a bad team?....sheesh, you guys are dumb"......

Not even getting the concept of fandom or having a team......

The second quarter touchdown drive lost us the game. If we don't score there Pettine puts Johnny in to start the second half.

Agree with the first part... I think the TD drive kept Hoyer in the game for the duration... and it should have. The time to make the change was after the first quarter.

Second part... no... have to disagree. Those leaning towards JM all along simply needed to see less. I saw things in today's game not seen last week... plenty of things, but saw them early.

Hoyer was just good enough early in the year that you couldn't even consider benching him with the team winning.

Still, everything has conspired to make it a tough call, so I'd cut Pettine a little slack.

Hoyer was more than good enough early. Especially since the alternative was a rookie who by his own admission was not ready. As for lately... easier case to make, but the whole two-headed QB thing is just not desirable... even in the short-term. More so when you remember the brief flirtation with it very early on.

We easily agree that the call was not an easy one for many reasons... just make that a lot of slack.

LOL.....this is really bothering you that Hoyer couldn't get it done.

Who's fault is that? He got another shot and shit the bed.

Time to move on.

it seems i am one of the few that just want to win. hoyer was our best option and the players in the locker room Seem to think so also. hoyer had another bad game.

i don't like the guys on here that are so in love with manziel. they are ones that think he is a rock star. would love to give him a reach around.

its like watching your sister with her new kids on the block posters and t shirts. saying they are the best band ever.

if i win the lottery i will buy them a night with Johnny so they can fulfill their life goal and go away.

i do not dislike manziel the player. i do dislike like his fan club. they are not browns fans. get off Johnnies cock. if he turns out to be what he is suppose to be. fucking awesome.

What a complete hack by not pulling Hoyer by halftime. Best defensive performance all year and that hot pile of dogshit overthrows Gabriel, Gordon, and the pick which cost us the game. Dude IS NOT ACCURATE. 5 or 6 drives started in Colts territory and we get 3 fucking points from it?

What a complete fucking meltdown from Mike Pettine not to pull him. Show some fucking backbone you pussy. Chip Kelly would of had Manziel's ass starting since half-time of the Buffalo game. I'm sorry but this locker room was compromised today by Mike Pettine. I doubt we will be able to resign a lot of our FA's because they don't want to work with Pettine. He's too conservative and not aggressive enough. I don't really blame them either. I'd rather play for Chip Kelly or Pete Carrol than Mike Pettine, he's too big of pussy to ever win anything n this league.

This loss is as much on Pettine as it is Hoyer.

All the momentum is gone.

Start Hoyer the rest of the year, take the losses, and fire out with Johnny next year.

Brian Hoyer, go fuck yourself and I'm so glad you're out.

Pettine played it safe he lost. Hes still a damn good head coach and im glad to have him.

Mike Pettine played a role in losing this game but I guarantee he didn't lose the locker room. No one has been clamoring to support Manziel for the starting job and these guys see him day in and day out in practice.

This is rocket science you win with players in this league and the Browns are lacking, as usual. Hoyer isn't very good, there is no kicking game, the defense has been hot and cold, the offensive line has had struggles and special teams has been anything but.

We as fans have got a little taste off winning but we haven't really beaten a top tier team and we haven't beaten anyone solid outside our division.

This team is better than teams past but that's like saying week old sushi is better than gas station sushi.

Mike Pettine played scared with the shitty QB instead of starting the badass.

He compromised the locker room today and everyone is going to walk in FA because they don't want to play for a soft, scared, frightened mentality coach.

If I'm a big name FA like Gipson, Cameron, or Skrine, Mike Pettine is the last guy I want to take orders from.

I think it shows more to the players about pettine having their back by keeping hoyer in more than anything. Hes a players coach. And thise defensive guys u can tell really love he and oneill. They played their tails off.

Fuck you all.

Look, we had to know. We had to KNOW. Is Hoyer the guy or ain't he? Put his ass against the wall and see what happens?

It didn't work out, but know we now. The plan is in place.

What the fuck were you expecting this year? You want a winning formula or you wanna fuck your grandma?

I want long haul success. And now we know.

If Hoyer is named the starter next week, THEN we got a problem Houston. But not now.

It is what it is. Awesome 2 string, not a starter. But bow we know for sure.

Nobody wants to fuck with what could've been.

So gay. You're a fag

It's easy to be a General after the battle. Pettine's decision is understandable. Hoyer had a proven track record but he flushed it all away after today's game.

Gotta agree. Who replaced their QB when they're 7-5 and in the hunt for the playoffs. Hoyer showed some good things last season and early this year. Guess he couldn't take the pressure,

Clueless...

Once knew a guy who was a total frontrunner.....and when confronted with ALWAYS following whoever the top team was, he basically was like "of course, duh, who wants to follow a bad team?....sheesh, you guys are dumb"......

Not even getting the concept of fandom or having a team......

Wow, I'm being compared to a front-runner because I want the browns to win.

Hilarious.

Archived