Sign in to follow this  
DieHardBrownsFan

Hoyers should be removed as starter

Football is dangerous and that's a risk, but he needs some experience now that we are officially "just playing out the season". We will at least have an idea of what we have in Johnny, because right now, all we have is his fanboys telling us how great he will be.

Still with the fanboy talk. Any idiot could see Johnny is light years better than Hoyer, but we're just fanboys. Johnny is as pissed as anyone right now because Pettine and Hoyer blew his chance of playing in the playoffs.

This team is awesome. Defense, special teams, o-line, good running game. All that's missing is a qb, and he's sitting there while Hoyer plays like shit for a month. Or more, really.

When he drove for the td against Buffalo, Johnny should have been given the keys. Or at least been given them after Hoyer's int on the end zone. Fear won out, and Hoyer lost this game.

Sucks.

• Upvote 1

i have listened to browns for the last twenty years moan and cry and want the next man up at qb. we have a winning season and you still cry like little girls.

i have no conidence in hoyer or manziel. especially manziel. do i like Newton, kaep, rg3 and all these run read offense qbs? Fuck no they don't last. give me a Rodgers or luck type any day.

bring back fry

Still with the fanboy talk. Any idiot could see Johnny is light years better than Hoyer, but we're just fanboys. Johnny is as pissed as anyone right now because Pettine and Hoyer blew his chance of playing in the playoffs.

This team is awesome. Defense, special teams, o-line, good running game. All that's missing is a qb, and he's sitting there while Hoyer plays like shit for a month. Or more, really.

When he drove for the td against Buffalo, Johnny should have been given the keys. Or at least been given them after Hoyer's int on the end zone. Fear won out, and Hoyer lost this game.

Sucks.

Exhibit A

• Upvote 1

No more 'best chance to win bullshit'. I am not a JF homer by any stretch, but he could not have played any worse. I don't care if he flushed his playbook down the toilet three months ago, he could not have played any worse this past month

At this point you can't say Hoyer without including Cundiff. Both should be gone by 4:10 EST, Week 17.

just can't wait for manziel comes in and shits the bed like rg3. then you all will be calling for Shaw.

If that happens then we know we need to be looking for another qb to compete with him next yr. But you cant find that out by him sitting the bench. The playoffs are not going to happen even if the browns win next sun. The stollers will beat falcons and the ravens will beat the jags. All of those three bengals, ravens and stollers will win division and both wildcards

yep...the mantra all along has been that hoyer wins....well....it's getting served up on a silver platter and he's losing ugly...

Now, it's not about which one is better to win with.....it's about finding an alternative to the lousy QB play the past month

Hoyer was the main reason cundiff the second. Both need replaced by next sunday.

Actually Pettine is the main reason we lost because he is the one who made the wrong decision on starting Hoyer over Manziel. He compounded his bad decision by leaving Hoyer in there past the second quarter.

next year draft with the first two picks qb and wr. wait thatwas i wanted last year carr and Watkins.

This b!tch of a coach is scared to hurt people's feelings. We've seen it all training camp not naming a starter, scared to put his foot down, scared to upset his players by putting the best man in. We need a real man at the helm, Pettine is just a big soft b!tch.

He should have named Manziel the starter earlier this week and I guarantee we would have won by 2 TDs. This is on Pettine the stupid motherfvcker scared to hurt his players feelings.

Actually Pettine is the main reason we lost because he is the one who made the wrong decision on starting Hoyer over Manziel. He compounded his bad decision by leaving Hoyer in there past the second quarter.

I agree to a point. The only issue is that he would have looked uncertain of his decision and we would wonder once again who is QB next week.

Now I don't think there is a single person that would blame him for installing Manziel as starter for the rest of the season.

just can't wait for manziel comes in and shits the bed like rg3. then you all will be calling for Shaw.

So you are roooting against Manziel?

Nice team spirit. I am sorry your guy couldn't get it done. I really am. I was hoping he could get it done.

Maybe you need to find a new team to root for?

He gave up on hoyer at 1:55

Actually it was 12:53 CDT... fuck you eastern zone assholes... Central Rules!

So if Pettine polls the players again do you think they still back Hoyer or do they start to listen from the defensive side of the ball about playing their hearts out only to be left in the dirt with a QB who has now demonstrated over several games that he can score only 2 TD's in some 60 possessions including a ton in great field position today? I suspect I know how Billy Winn would vote at this point. I guess it's time to let JF go out and learn from his mistakes on the field in preparation for next year.

You know how Billy would have voted last week... so no points for that prediction.

I think the polls are over. If Pettine thought last week's D effort was wasted, what do is he going to think about this one?

I still can't fathom how this guy is so loved and excused for his horrible play. Now that it's too late, everyone says he sucked. He played exactly the same last week.

Here's hoping you never find out how I and others loved Brian in spite of "horrible play". Cause it's your boy's ball now that he's our QB to be.

But, no... The games will not compare well at all. He did not play "exactly the same way last week." Hoyer's mechanics last week were damn good, but his reads were off.

This week? It was clear early that Hoyer was not striding to his targets. Happened on the goal line INT. Happened on a 3rd down play a couple series later. Even Lynch commented on his footwork at the time both times.

But either way... leading us to the same point. Next man up...

Go Browns...

This b!tch of a coach is scared to hurt people's feelings. We've seen it all training camp not naming a starter, scared to put his foot down, scared to upset his players by putting the best man in. We need a real man at the helm, Pettine is just a big soft b!tch.

He should have named Manziel the starter earlier this week and I guarantee we would have won by 2 TDs. This is on Pettine the stupid motherfvcker scared to hurt his players feelings.

It appears he hurt your feelings. And I doubt he gives 2 shits about you so....

Yeah, the "fanboy" talk get's tired. If you're sick of how ineffective the Browns offense has been for several weeks and think the first round pick, Heisman-winning QB on the sideline might give you a better chance at winning than the struggling career backup, then you must really be just a starry-eyed, tail-wagging squish...

No, if you joined this forum after the 2014 NFL draft, and/or have "Texas / Aggies / Johnny" anywhere in your screen name, and/or are the fan of a dude, then you are a Fanboy.

Simple explanations for simple folks...

I agree to a point. The only issue is that he would have looked uncertain of his decision and we would wonder once again who is QB next week.

Now I don't think there is a single person that would blame him for installing Manziel as starter for the rest of the season.

If that's the case, his desire to avoid looking uncertain in his decision may have cost us a shot at the playoffs as we are now in last place in the division with Pittsburg and Baltimore winning.

What a complete hack by not pulling Hoyer by halftime. Best defensive performance all year and that hot pile of dogshit overthrows Gabriel, Gordon, and the pick which cost us the game. Dude IS NOT ACCURATE. 5 or 6 drives started in Colts territory and we get 3 fucking points from it?

What a complete fucking meltdown from Mike Pettine not to pull him. Show some fucking backbone you pussy. Chip Kelly would of had Manziel's ass starting since half-time of the Buffalo game. I'm sorry but this locker room was compromised today by Mike Pettine. I doubt we will be able to resign a lot of our FA's because they don't want to work with Pettine. He's too conservative and not aggressive enough. I don't really blame them either. I'd rather play for Chip Kelly or Pete Carrol than Mike Pettine, he's too big of pussy to ever win anything n this league.

This loss is as much on Pettine as it is Hoyer.

All the momentum is gone.

Start Hoyer the rest of the year, take the losses, and fire out with Johnny next year.

Brian Hoyer, go fuck yourself and I'm so glad you're out.

Time to make a switch. What happens ,happens. We are already out of it. Thanks Pettinne., we could have easily won this game,as a couple of others,CANT BELIEVE SO MANY DUMB ASSES HAVE BACKED THIS CAREER BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you needle dick. He ain't thr problem. Buy a vowel dingbat.

this b!tch of a coach is scared to hurt Hoyer journey man's feelings at th expense OF THE WHOLE F'ING SEASON. He should be fired for that alone. Lil B!tch probably wouldn't even try to stop a man in the middle of raping his own wife...."oh when you finish up could you please leave sir, and try not to do that again to her, don't worry, I'll get the towel and clean up after you, just don't do it again, ok?"

Mike "Cuckold B!tch" Pettine.

Mindless blabber

Pettine is anything but soft, he is doing great for a rookie head coach. I wanted manziel to start today, in hindsight it seems like that should have been the decision. But its understandable why he would start hoyer. He didnt want a knee jerk reaction of putting a rookie in over a starter who has a 7-5 record in the middle of a playoff run. It was not a bad decisions at the time.

Also, if you are going to swear, fucking swear you bitch. Quit it with the lame ass "fvcker" shit.

Fuck you needle dick. He ain't thr problem. Buy a vowel dingbat.

He's not the problem? You DUMB M'fer. You know nothing about football. If he HAD THE BALLS to put Manziel in there this week WE WIN. Moron. But no, he had to make extra super duper DUPER sure this journey man worse completion % in the league faggot QB was not the answer. He is the reason we lost this game. He makes the decision, and it was the WRONG ONE.

This loss is as much on Pettine as it is Manziel.

I thought you loved Johnny..... Waa happened?

Mindless blabber

Pettine is anything but soft, he is doing great for a rookie head coach. I wanted manziel to start today, in hindsight it seems like that should have been the decision. But its understandable why he would start hoyer. He didnt want a knee jerk reaction of putting a rookie in over a starter who has a 7-5 record in the middle of a playoff run. It was not a bad decisions at the time.

Also, if you are going to swear, fucking swear you bitch. Quit it with the lame ass "fvcker" shit.

Knee jerk reaction? Hoyer has been garbage for 6 games now, what more information did he need to know Hoyer was not the answer? He's a horrible coach.