THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Colts Game Day Thread!***

BrownsDawgPound

You're talking about today's game. Overall, the play calling sucks. Pitch left, pitch right. Short pass right, short pass left. Shanahan's terrible. If Manziel can do something with that, God bless 'im. Dawg08 was the most reasonable response. Good QB's make things happen, and Hoyer doesn't do enough of that. I'm just saying he doesn't have any kind of creative play calling to help him out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, regardless of how this game turns out, I think Pettine was wrong when he said Hoyer gave them a better chance to win.

I said the same thing and think Pettine made a mistake. We should be up by 23 points right now. It's as much of a roll of the dice to think Hoyer would break his slump as it is to think JM would play well.

Play calling has been suspect, but, as pointed out before, two guys have been open for TD's that weren't cashed in. If Shanahan get's the blame for 4 yd passes on 3rd and 6, he should also get credit for the plays that freed somebody up.

Again, only talking about today's game. I'm looking at the big picture. Overall, this is a very uncreative offensive scheme.

You could read this script. Heartbreaking game. How much did we not pay Dawson? Let's move forward and respect the fact that we have added a lot of talent on this team. Another off season, a more talented QB, a good draft, a good FA, and this team could win the division next year. We're just a few pieces short.

Archived