THE BROWNS BOARD

“Pork” Bailout Bill Could Cost Millions of Americans their Privacy

Mr. T

Just wait.......... even those who were for it will someday look back and wonder how the hell did my new Doc get all this information on me that was put into a computer by a Quack! Good Luck getting it straightened out.

The Obama administration has put a lot of pressure on Congress to slam through the most recent $800+ billion bailout package before anyone has an opportunity to read it.

The Obama administration intones that the details are unimportant. The only thing that matters is the “bigness.” And, by shipping a bill of nearly $900 billion (plus interest) to our children and grandchildren, the package is really, really big –- bigger, in fact, than the budget of our entire government for the first 170 years of our country’s existence.

But now that some of the details are finally starting to leak out of Washington, Gun Owners -– and a lot of other analysts -– are beginning to look at the fine print. And some of it is particularly scary.

Of particular concern to gun owners are sections 13101 through 13434 of HR 1, which would set up the infrastructure to computerize the medical records of ALL AMERICANS in a government-coordinated database.

True, the bill doesn’t mandate that the data will be in a giant computer under the Oval Office. But it does mandate that your medical records be reduced to a computerized form which is available to it in a second.

This it would do by establishing a National Coordinator for Health Information Technology –- tasked with, among other things, “providing information to help guide medical decisions at the time and place of care.”

It should be scary enough that a government bureaucrat is directed by statute to try to influence your doctor’s decisions with respect to your medical care.

But of even greater concern to gun owners is the fact that a government-coordinated database (which government can freely access) will now contain all records of government-provided and private psychiatric treatment -– including, in particular, the drugs which were prescribed.

Remember last year’s “NICS Improvement Act” otherwise known as the Veterans Disarmament Act? This law codified ATF’s attempts to make you a prohibited person on the basis of a government psychiatrist’s finding that you are a “danger” –- without a finding by any court. Well, roughly 150,000 battle-scarred veterans have already been unfairly stripped of their gun rights by the government.

But people who, as kids, were diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder... or seniors with Alzheimer’s... or police with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder... or people who are now theoretically covered by the new law... these people have, generally, not suffered the consequences of its sanctions YET. And the chief reason is that their records are not easily available to the government in a central, easily retrievable, computerized form.

The bailout bill would change all of that. It would push increasingly hard to force your private psychiatrist or government-sanctioned psychiatrist to turn over your psychiatric records to a massive database. This would be mandated immediately if your doctor does business with the government.

This would supposedly save Medicare money in connection with medical treatment. And, the sponsors insist, they would work very hard to protect your privacy.

But this turns the concept of “privacy” on its head. The privacy which is MOST important is privacy from the prying eyes of government –- not privacy of government data against the prying eyes of others. After all, many government data bases have been hacked in recent years, with mountains of information stolen.

So, once the government has access to these computerized psychiatric records, the stage will be set for using that database to take away the gun rights of those with Alzheimer’s, those with ADD, and those with PTSD.

Because it's a LIB trying to take them away. These guys loved the Patriot Act.

Actually this conservative has never been for the patriot act or the patriot act II.

Does anyone think Bush was a conservative Republican? not hardly.

New Boss = Old Boss, the New Boss is just more to the far left!!!

Not necessarily anything.

IMO, there are certain freedoms I'm willing to give up for the greater good. But there are some things that need to be left private. Health records and information is one of them.

Kind of goes against the spirit of HIPPA, no?

Any way, consolidation of private information into the quasi-public domain - while certainly not initiated by Obama - does fit nicely with my 'Obama = The Anti-Christ' hypothesis.

Freedom's just another word for othing else to lose. For $50 cyber, who wrote those lyrics (no cheating)?

Pretty much.

How about you? Let's say it's the defense of your family.

What do you put on the restricted list?

Phone taps? Waterboarding?

WSS

What does defending one's family have to do with national defense? Sorry, the connection isn't there. Ben Franklin was quoted with a famous remark directed at people like you:

"They that would sacrifice essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

you puss.

Pretty much.

How about you? Let's say it's the defense of your family.

What do you put on the restricted list?

Phone taps? Waterboarding?

WSS

How is that even close to a proper analogy?

EDIT: Pumpkin Eater beat me to it by .2 seconds, Steve.

im sure that such a system would not be used to deny coverage to the elderly.....would it mz the pussy?

Because the old system never lets people die in the waiting room or nuthin'...

Now THAT'S a broken system.

How is that even close to a proper analogy?

EDIT: Pumpkin Eater beat me to it by .2 seconds, Steve.

He asked: What does defending one's family have to do with national defense? Sorry, the connection isn't there. Ben Franklin was quoted with a famous remark directed at people like you:

"They that would sacrifice essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

First of all fu*k Ben Franklin. Who is he?

Second we give up freedom every day for security. More every year. Every week.

(and the founding fathers were no libertarians)

Third: So a guy who doesn't see any connection between defending one's family and one's home [country] is pretending to be or is an idiot.

WSS

So a guy who doesn't see any connection between defending one's family and one's home [country] is pretending to be or is an idiot.

Fine. I'm an idiot then. But you're the guy showing me the picture of a little girl, saying this is "America," and asking me if I want to see America get raped (from Harold and Kumar 2).

Because the old system never lets people die in the waiting room or nuthin'...

Now THAT'S a broken system.

nice deflection.....

only thing that video was missing is the line out the door.....i presume thats why you can't see more being neglected.

but i guess replacing a bad system with a worse system is change....i guess.

Fine. I'm an idiot then. But you're the guy showing me the picture of a little girl, saying this is "America," and asking me if I want to see America get raped (from Harold and Kumar 2).

So you're telling me that if there were a 51/49 chance another 9/11 could be prevented by, uh, tapping Mohammed's phone (without broadcasting the plan) or letting the dog bark in his face, you wouldn't do it?

Because you didn't have family at risk.

But if you did?

WSS

National Security takes precedence over you mz the pussy. Your feelings are meaningless, no one cares. The security of the nation is absolutely priority number one. Write some more Honda Element cartoons and feel important. Let the men do the work.

God bless America.

Wait 'til they come a-knockin' on your door, Jeffro, because someone with an axe to grind for whatever reason dropped your name to somebody.

PS I'll take you tracking/obsessing over my career success as a sign of reverence.

PPS You do man's work, right, Jeffro? What are you, a Rent-a-Cop?

paul_blart_mall_cop.jpg

Not a rent-a-cop, although I don't mock any profession (usually). Only cartoon writers who are total puss---. The only reason I bring it up about you is you actually showed one of your "creations". Now think of something clever to say, ask one of your gay "friends". Maybe they can help you out. God, you are pathetic.

I see far more dire potential consequences to this...

Creating a government run health database establishes a "base" from which to determine the medical costs associated with specific age groups, regions, work types, and other generally "non-protected" statuses.

It allows the government the ability to determine what is reasonable care for a specific condition or disease which could lead to them (and our insurance companies) determining what they will and won't cover.

It can be used to determine if overweight people should be charged more for their care, or if unvaccinated children should be charged more (or be allowed to go to public schools), or if families with known genetic markers for cancer should be allowed to have children (the future cost of their medical care).

It's a slippery-slope and it's NOT in the name of "national defense".

Cant wait to have some beurecrat make decisions on my health care

scenario you or your loved one is sick and the doc comes in and tells you that you need a liver transplant, the beurecrat pulls information off of your debit card that you regulary buy 1 or 2 bottles of wine 3 weeks out of the month and then decides you are not deserving. No your declined coverage.

Who said this? :lol: 1 month and a Liar already.

1. Make Government Open and Transparent

2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects

3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public

4. No more secrecy

5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill

7. We will put every pork barrel project online

No More New taxes? where is the outrage?

I'm not surprised you have such a simplistic view.

GGG

Nor am I surprised you skirted the question.

C'mon mz the pussy at least admit you'd gladly torture the shit out of a guy you believed could give you protective info about a friend or family member.

Then ask yourself why your fellow Americans don't deserve that protection.

You can even call it simplistic again if it makes the truth sound better to you.

WSS

I love how whenever you disagree with someone here, they tell you you're either "lying to yourself" or "not thinking critically."

Is it possible that I merely don't see things your way, Steve??????

So you're telling me that if there were a 51/49 chance another 9/11 could be prevented by, uh, tapping Mohammed's phone (without broadcasting the plan) or letting the dog bark in his face, you wouldn't do it?

Because you didn't have family at risk.

But if you did?

WSS

If you knew this, you could gather the information needed to detain the terrorist in other ways.

Who said this? :lol: 1 month and a Liar already.

1. Make Government Open and Transparent

2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects

3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public

4. No more secrecy

5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill

7. We will put every pork barrel project online

It takes time to implement changes.

Archived