THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Hoyer

hx214

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer pleaded his case to the media. Is it a far stretch to think he would do the same to the people he works with?

Pettine wrote that heartfelt letter to Hoyer last year, so he has a history of showing compassion towards him.

You think when pettine met with manziel individually he didn't plead his case too?

Have tp say that this surprises me. I hope it's the right move, but I think this would have been a good time to see what Johnny does as a starter. Hopefully Hoyer and the boys can get it going.

Many of the browns fans agree with you.

The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season.

let's hope pettine is starting hoyer because he really believes he's playing better than manziel right now and gives the team the best chance to win....agree or disagree....come sunday we'll find out whether it was the correct decision or not.....until then we're all just flapping our mouths...4 day's ain't that long, we'll know soon enough....

Yea i am pretty sure its a behind closed door type thing. I never said it was the only thing that swayed him. But dont let me stop you from making strawman arguments.

I'm the one grasping at straws? Not sure why I'd do that since the decision I was inclined to make was made for the reasons I'd have made it.

On the other hand, you are the one fantasizing a rationalization, an argument...

straw man noun

•a sham argument set up to be defeated.

You supplied the argument; I did the rest...

A lot of things I don't get here. Why the need to deliberate and cause all this commotion. Why not say, as long as we still believe we have a shot at the playoffs, BH is our quarterback. I always maintain the right to switch QBs during a game if I feel that it is for the benefit of the team, but right now BH is our starter (and just stick to it)?

Having watched the first half against Buffalo twice, I thought Brian was executing well. we should have had a 13-3 lead by early third quarter but we were up only 3-0 and that wasn't Hoyers fault. Then everything fell apart - especially the West fumble.

Anyway, if we don't win this Sunday and our division rivals do, then the odds increase that Hoyer will be benched for good. If he is not, and we lose both home games over the next two Sundays , the Hoyer era will officially end.

You take one part of my comment out of context to create a fake argument to attack. I didnt say it was the only reason the coach used to make his choice. Per his press conference, he did talk to Hoyer. Logic would tell you Brian repeated much of what he said to the media to Pettine.

He met with both QBs to inform them of the decision which per today's presser was based upon "who gives us the best chance to win". How you could have followed the team all year and known so little about Pettine is hard to understand.

Your original post was fine, but you had to insert one flight of fantasy. We both know why you had to. Regardless since I "attacked" a fantasy, I guess that makes my attack "fake".

The last word will be yours if you wish...

Go Browns...

This is like going on the date of your dreams and choosing to drive a 2009 Ford Focus instead of picking her up in the 2014 Lamborghini Avendentor that's parked in the garage. Then you get to the Restaurant and opt for the Vegan Cobb Salad instead of the medium rare Porterhouse with Jumbo Clown shrimp. You finally get her home and she offers to blow you but you opt out for a friendly peck on the cheek and choose to remain in the friend zone.

This is like going on the date of your dreams and choosing to drive a 2009 Ford Focus instead of picking her up in the 2014 Lamborghini Avendentor that's parked in the garage. Then you get to the Restaurant and opt for the Vegan Cobb Salad instead of the medium rare Porterhouse with Jumbo Clown shrimp. You finally get her home and she offers to blow you but you opt out for a friendly peck on the cheek and choose to remain in the friend zone.

So.... Money Badger is giving out blow jobs?

" The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season."

Bb, wow, we agree for once. Cool. I think Johnny is the riskier move, but the reward could be greater. Just gotta beat the colts and end on a roll.

" The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season."

Bb, wow, we agree for once. Cool. I think Johnny is the riskier move, but the reward could be greater. Just gotta beat the colts and end on a roll.

The thing about it is the colts are must win for us. If Brian doesn't win, or light it up losing you make the swap, hope to finish 10-6 which will give us a slim chance at a playoff berth.

I think if he doesn't perform in the first half, we're gonna see johnny play his first meaningful NFL football.

I just wanted to say this again..

7-5 is NOT a Brian Hoyer statistic.

It is a BROWNS TEAM statistic

Yea we know, what do you want for pointing it out? I don't have any cookies.

Hoyer contributed to some of these wins in a big way, not right to take away all credit from him.

BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

It's probably the 'safest' choice Pet could make. However, if Brian continues to struggle, and do it at home, it will get ugly early.

Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.

Archived