THE BROWNS BOARD

Cundiff sucks dick

jcam222

We drafted a kid in the 6th round last year names Dustin Hopkins. He was MONEY until he got hurt in the second or third game. He had a monster leg. We signed Dan Carpenter off of waivers to fill in, and that guy simply wouldn't let Hopkins back on the field. Carpenter has been machine like. Anyway, Dustin Hopkins was waived this year, and is out there and I'm shocked that he hasn't been signed.

I won't be shocked if Farmer has a look see with him this week.

i was surprised to see carpenter kick as well as he did today considering he had a broke dick.

i mean i could imagine the pain with a broke dick running down the side of your leg like mine and then having to kick the ball? imagine somebody sideswipes your dick?

Damn G.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and replace him with who?

Must be somebody out there. Denver signed Connor Barth right before Sunday's game. McManus is available. Aren't there out of work kickers all over South America, Australia, Europe. They at least could have started looking when he missed weeks ago. Hell! They had plenty of time to find a kicker.

We can see now that the kicker is the least of our problems

See I'd disagree with you there. Cunndiff had an easy FG to put us up 6 points. Football is easily the sport that caters the most to momentum. When the wiener (my nickname for him) misses that I'm sure Hoyer, already struggling mightily, thinks that even he put the team in position to score points it didn't pan out.

Obviously the market for kickers isn't going to be incredible, but at this point I'd rather bring in the local high school kicker than Cundiff. I'm still baffled when you look at his career how he's managed to be in the league for so long.

I was never happy with the Cundiff signing. (Yeah, easy to say now and I wasn't vocal about it at the beginning either.) But it's true. Last week during the 60 yarder FG attempts, the commentators said Cundiff was 8 of 27 on 50+ FGs made...worst in the league. Even though this is just a long FG stat, it says a lot to me.

I was never happy with the Cundiff signing. (Yeah, easy to say now and I wasn't vocal about it at the beginning either.) But it's true. Last week during the 60 yarder FG attempts, the commentators said Cundiff was 8 of 27 on 50+ FGs made...worst in the league. Even though this is just a long FG stat, it says a lot to me.

not just worst in the league, worst of all time in NFL history.

This is why you don't let a machine like PHil Dawson walk off your team. Oh well....where's that kickalicious fucker? What's he doing?

He's not a Cleveland guy. He didn't want to be here anymore. He was a good player but he's gone.

And for the guys who want to cut Billy immediately who do you sign? Are you under the impression there are better field goal kickers working at the Dollar General Store?

If our red zone offense didn't suck so badly it wouldn't matter now would it?

WSS

See I'd disagree with you there. Cunndiff had an easy FG to put us up 6 points. Football is easily the sport that caters the most to momentum. When the wiener (my nickname for him) misses that I'm sure Hoyer, already struggling mightily, thinks that even he put the team in position to score points it didn't pan out.

Obviously the market for kickers isn't going to be incredible, but at this point I'd rather bring in the local high school kicker than Cundiff. I'm still baffled when you look at his career how he's managed to be in the league for so long.

When you get a Joe Haden interception in Bills territory, and go backwards, that is the momentum killer.

I'm not a Cundiff fan either, but there is a ton more to worry about than him. He's hit 2 game winners this year, cut him some slack.

When you get a Joe Haden interception in Bills territory, and go backwards, that is the momentum killer.

I'm not a Cundiff fan either, but there is a ton more to worry about than him. He's hit 2 game winners this year, cut him some slack.

I'm sorry, but I'm not cutting slack to a guy who has missed 3 kicks inside 40 yards. The guy has hit a couple game winners but they were relatively short FG's as well. The previous stat is inexcusable.

Thank God Billy chose to "suck dick" in a game where the miss did not come close to impacting the outcome...

As opposed to say, last week vs. ATL when missing any one of four would have cost us a W.

He's not a Cleveland guy. He didn't want to be here anymore. He was a good player but he's gone.

And for the guys who want to cut Billy immediately who do you sign? Are you under the impression there are better field goal kickers working at the Dollar General Store?

WSS

it matters regardless Steve. His job is to hit game winners. His job is to hit them all within the tolerance of average for a pro. He does not, never has and never will. This is not a personal vendetta it is fact based on his statistics. He is not good enough to keep this job and should have been replaced. It's their job to find that replacement.

He's not a Cleveland guy. (Dawson) He didn't want to be here anymore. He was a good player but he's gone.

WSS

Regarding Phil- though he never said it- you're 100% right. He didn't want to be here. We made him the highest paid kicker in the league for two years- keeping him any longer would have cost the Browns Peyton Manning money. He signed for less money for the chance to get a ring in SF.

Regarding Phil- though he never said it- you're 100% right. He didn't want to be here. We made him the highest paid kicker in the league for two years- keeping him any longer would have cost the Browns Peyton Manning money. He signed for less money for the chance to get a ring in SF.

Gotta love Phil though, the most improbable wishful thinking would be we snag him back for the 2016 season (when his contract is up), and he kicks the game winner for us in Superbowl LV (I think that's the right one)

Of course, I'd like the trophy before that, but nobody said anything is wrong with multiple SBs in a row.

I doubt Phil would ever come back to the Browns.. but Id sure love to have him and Brad Seely or,Jerry Rosburg back as ST coach.

Gotta love Phil though, the most improbable wishful thinking would be we snag him back for the 2016 season (when his contract is up), and he kicks the game winner for us in Superbowl LV (I think that's the right one)

Of course, I'd like the trophy before that, but nobody said anything is wrong with multiple SBs in a row.

One of my all time favorite Browns, I was hoping he'd stick around long enough to pass Groza's team points record.

That FG he made in the Buffalo blizzard bowl has to rate as one of the greatest I've ever seen.

it matters regardless Steve. His job is to hit game winners. His job is to hit them all within the tolerance of average for a pro. He does not, never has and never will. This is not a personal vendetta it is fact based on his statistics. He is not good enough to keep this job and should have been replaced. It's their job to find that replacement.

It only matters if you are the worst guy in the league and there are others out there who are better and want the job.

Is Billy Cundiff the lowest rated kicker in the league? I have no idea. But I'd be surprised if there are too many available who are capable of performing at a higher level.

WSS

... or here, Steve. Fewer cookie issues...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=FIELD_GOAL_KICKER&d-447263-s=KICKING_FG_PCT

78% overall FG% is not good, but also not last... T-28th.

As a kick-off man he's fairs better...

5th in touch back % at 67.2.

T-6th in return average with 21.2.

Lets sign a 54 year old Dawson to a 5 year deal.

LOL

Cundiff hasn't been the problem, though I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a kicker.

Let's look at it this way 'Peen. If Cundiff had been perfect, he left 18 points off the board. Interesting the top 3 are either warm weather or domes. Surprised our old pal Phil is only 19th.

Let's look at it this way 'Peen. If Cundiff had been perfect, he left 18 points off the board. Interesting the top 3 are either warm weather or domes. Surprised our old pal Phil is only 19th.

Maybe being 19th is attributed to opportunities..he's just kicking more extra points than he was here...

For those of you who can't see that WTF?!?!?! He has always been statistically the worst over 50. This makes his 3rd UNDER 40 missed. This should have been addressed many games ago.

He is always a crap shoot when he comes on to kick. Always felt getting rid of Phil Dawson was not a sound move. How many chances have we had to win during a game if he made some kicks that a Pro is supposed to make. Looks like we're stuck with him...

Maybe being 19th is attributed to opportunities..he's just kicking more extra points than he was here...

Phil is T-20th in FG% at 84%. He's 17th in touchbacks at 48.2%.

Archived