THE BROWNS BOARD

Mcalister dropped

DestinFunk

On the same day that the Jaguars released a first-round pick from the 1998 draft, the Ravens have done the same thing, albeit with less fanfare, to a first-rounder from the following year.

Per a league source, the Ravens have parted ways with cornerback Chris McAlister.

The move comes as little surprise, given that McAlister was due to earn base salaries of $8 million in each of the next three seasons.

McAlister played in only six games last season before hearing to the injured reserve list. He was benched at one point by coach John Harbaugh after violating the team’s dress code.

The ten-year veteran was the first draft choice of the Brian Asshole era.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/16/...ister/#comments

On the same day that the Jaguars released a first-round pick from the 1998 draft, the Ravens have done the same thing, albeit with less fanfare, to a first-rounder from the following year.

Per a league source, the Ravens have parted ways with cornerback Chris McAlister.

The move comes as little surprise, given that McAlister was due to earn base salaries of $8 million in each of the next three seasons.

McAlister played in only six games last season before hearing to the injured reserve list. He was benched at one point by coach John Harbaugh after violating the team’s dress code.

The ten-year veteran was the first draft choice of the Brian Asshole era.

UPDATE: At 3:27 p.m. EST, we received an official announcement of the move via e-mail from the Ravens.

He's getting old, and we don't need aging veterans, but this surely cant help the Ratbirds?

Guest Dacaddyman

Not sure if i would want to spend top money on him. Also how healthy is he? I would want him if he came at the right price and if 100% healthy. But I would only sign him to a 1 year contract

As someone else said....if we're talking about 5 seasons ago...I break the bank for him, but not now. He's too old and just the kind of player we need to avoid. We need to be building a team not bringing in guys who might last one season.

Guest Dacaddyman
As someone else said....if we're talking about 5 seasons ago...I break the bank for him, but not now. He's too old and just the kind of player we need to avoid. We need to be building a team not bringing in guys who might last one season.

I would bring him in for one season if that's all we needed to put us over the hump but there are too many things still wrong with the D. I think he has 2 more good years left if healthy

I agree Mark....at some point we need to build our own identity and bring in our own guys rather than a bunch of other guys at some point past their prime.

This is a good draft....even with a limited number of picks, we should be able to get 2 starters out of it...day 1 starters.

If we somehow manage to get another 2nd rounder, we should be able to get 3 starters.

The 2nd round has plenty of quality players available who can step in and start. The key is some of them might not be at the positions we want.....but those guys are out there.

We need to get them.

Archived