THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 13: @ Bills

Tour2ma

If you saw the KC game, Buffalo dominated them from start to finish defensively. The only reason that game was lost was because Orton was bad Orton that day, and Marrone doesn't understand the sense of going for it on 4th down on the opponents 30. We get that half a yard, we win. Fucking coaches and their "playing not to lose" theory.

The only way the Browns win is by opals theory.

OK, explain "Opal's theory". Is that like quantum physics?

Not going to happen this week.

It could happen because the Browns are just better, no? Yes.

Jackson is back healthy for the first time in a month. Dixon and Brown will spell him. Orton will throw for 300 yards again, Woods is on fire from the attention Sammy has been getting, if sammy is single covered, he will get 150 yards himself, and Marrone DOESNT DARE go uber conservative again. The fans here will storm the field and string him to the goal post if he does.

For the Bills to lose, and it could happen, bad bad Kyle shows up and Fred gets hurt again.

the Browns could force bad Kyle to show up.....though it is tougher now with all our injuries.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know buffalo better than you guys, and you know the Browns better than me.

Watkins has drawn double teams every week accept against Revis.

Right now, Haden is better than Revis....so it is quite possible that he won't face a double team.

Buffalo won't let Orton throw against double teams and obviously not against Revis. Everyone loads to his side. And of course when he is wide open, Orton is keyed on Woods or Chandler. If the Browns let Hayden cover one on one, and the do a Revis, I'll be pissed. They aren't even looking at him. The jets receptions were between double coverage, which was more about Orton than Revis.

KC isn't that good. Who ever played them in the playoffs will get an almost bye.

They have Jamal Charles who is the real deal, and some other nice pieces, but nothing close to a contender.

KC is 7-4, better than Buffalo in a better division. Not sure why you think so lowly of KC.

If the Bills do happen to lose, il be here to take my lumps....

There are a couple. I would take a cheap shot at our offensive coordinator. He needs a shot to the head to unscramble his brain.

I would also cheap shot, but not hurt Mario Williams. When he gets pissed, he turns into something very ugly and very dangerous.

You need to see that guy in person to understand how much of a freak he is.

Maybe a cheap shot to

Recently saw a pic of Williams wearing red contacts....looked like the devil himself....

I also think, at least with a segment of the Bills community, that there is some pretty bad blood there. Donte is a first rounder who spurned Buffalo and moved on the first chance he got. So it's understandable. We'd sling a bit of mud too, im sure.....anyhoo, he's more than happy to sling it back I guess....

A little pre-game back and forth isn't too bad....except when it's Greg Little.....

Definitely about Toronto.

He is a total asshole. It's like rubbing Clevelands faces in the Baltimore Ravens deal. Like praising Art Modell and his move that hurt you guys, and cost Cleveland two SB rings and three years without the Browns.

He was calling the Bills the future Toronto Bills etc. we're not as big as Cleveland, so if we lost the Bills, there would be no second chance.

How would you guys react to that? So I don't want to hear any support for that asshole, or it makes you guys total hypocrites.

Trust me, he'll probably get the total treatment, and he may be enough of a reason the Bills will be extra motivated.

Pure asshole, and that's why he's not in SF. He will talk himself out of your locker room soon enough.

He's originally pissed because Buffalo let him walk and didn't offer him a contract. He wanted corner money from Ralph. Got the door instead.

Not a locker room guy.

Writes a lot of checks his body can't cash. The talent around him makes him look better than he is.

The guy is an idiot folks, don't fall in love with him. He can make plays and is a decent safety, but don't trust his play when it's the money rounds.

Also, pick the guy on the Browns that you would have the most respect for, a guy who is humble, doesn't talk shit for no reason, and someone who has Clevelands back. someone who is totally beloved.

That's Fred Jackson for us.

We had a thread about potential bills moving before. Consensus is we support our small market brothers because they supported us when every other owner backed Art.

But calling them the future Toronto bills isn't as bad as what happened to us, well because it actually happened.

As far as players who have Cleveland's back...whitner is probably one of them he's a native - and he is a good safety although I'm not convinced better than the guy he replaced (Ward) but the margin isn't very big.

Joe Thomas is my guy though, exemplifies "being a brown" more than anybody, and has been with us through it all.

I dont think your giving Skrine quite the credit he deserves. Imo he's one of the hardest working cb's in the leauge. Ive seen alot of shit said about him from the day we got him, and hes definitely earned alot of it, hes come a long way too. Not too many #2 cb's in the leauge id give buster up for.

I dont think your giving Skrine quite the credit he deserves. Imo he's one of the hardest working cb's in the leauge. Ive seen alot of shit said about him from the day we got him, and hes definitely earned alot of it, hes come a long way too. Not too many #2 cb's in the leauge id give buster up for.

He's improved sizably every season, his biggest limiting factor is his size. We have a very good slot corner in Williams, and pretty good depth including Justin Gilbert

I can't say l'm bowled over by Whitner. Maybe he's playing better than l think he is, but l kinda consider him just above McQ in the "least favorite free agent signing this year" category. And for what it's worth, l'm quite happy with our FAs this year. Best group in a while.

The whole "Hitner" thing was kinda corny to me, unless you can really back it up.

I mean, the Browns have had 2 players with the last name Mack in my lifetime, and l don't recall either exploiting their name like that, and that's a totally exploitable name for a football player! You don't even have to remove any letters.

That shit's for the fans.

I can't say l'm bowled over by Whitner. Maybe he's playing better than l think he is, but l kinda consider him just above McQ in the "least favorite free agent signing this year" category. And for what it's worth, l'm quite happy with our FAs this year. Best group in a while.

The whole "Hitner" thing was kinda corny to me, unless you can really back it up.

I mean, the Browns have had 2 players with the last name Mack in my lifetime, and l don't recall either exploiting their name like that, and that's a totally exploitable name for a football player! You don't even have to remove any letters.

That shit's for the fans.

He dropped a pick 6 last week and on the same drive blew his coverage for the falcons first TD. But overall he's been pretty good. I think TJ ward is better though, but not a huge gap.

Definitely about Toronto.

He is a total asshole. It's like rubbing Clevelands faces in the Baltimore Ravens deal. Like praising Art Modell and his move that hurt you guys, and cost Cleveland two SB rings and three years without the Browns.

He was calling the Bills the future Toronto Bills etc. when Bon Jovi was gathering momentum, just to hurt this community. We are not as big as Cleveland, so if we lost the Bills, there would be no second chance.

How would you guys react to that? So I don't want to hear any support for that asshole, or it makes you guys total hypocrites.

Trust me, he'll probably get the total treatment, and he may be enough of a reason the Bills will be extra motivated.

Pure asshole, and that's why he's not in SF. He will talk himself out of your locker room soon enough.

He's originally pissed because Buffalo let him walk and didn't offer him a contract. He wanted corner money from Ralph. Got the door instead.

Not a locker room guy.

Writes a lot of checks his body can't cash. The talent around him makes him look better than he is.

The guy is an idiot folks, don't fall in love with him. He can make plays and is a decent safety, but don't trust his play when it's the money rounds.

If he gets caught alone around here after the game, he might not be in one piece ever again.

Also, pick the guy on the Browns that you would have the most respect for on and off the field. A family man who is humble, doesn't talk shit for any reason, and someone who has Clevelands back. Someone who is totally beloved.

That's Fred Jackson for western NY.

It was a random tweet. And the Bills aren't leaving. Lighten up, Francis.

Having said that...didn't like it in July. Don't like it now. But we also don't know the context and his true intentions when he sent them. Its why twitter is stupid. And why Whitner was stupid for putting a random thought out there.

Guys that fans outside of Cleveland probably have no idea how good they are:

Skrine

Gipson (injured)

Hawkins

Bitonio

Bitonio having an All Pro year and Gipson was too.

George, who are the guys on Buffalo we probably have under our radar besides Woods?

(I'm really asking ... not being a dick.)

Z

First off, I must say that it is atrocious the behavior being shown toward George. It is one thing to disagree and argue or even playfully jest, but to use foul language is quite sad. I'm not here to spout off at anyone, nor am I here to tolerate that. Any behavior displayed like that toward me will be reported and if this board wants to be taken seriously I hope the moderation realizes it looks awful bad when opposing teams come here to learn about your team. If I am told to grow a set I will just laugh, if I am called a pussy, I will still laugh. I don't need to be bigger, stronger or smarter then anyone. I just like football and want to discuss it whilst reminding everyone that others here get a full display of your behavior and how ridiculous it is...

There is not much about your team out there this year that is not "Manziel this" or "Manziel that." I am here for a better understanding from a Bills board, obviously. I think this game will be very fun to watch because it could be just an awful football game that no one really wants to watch. The kind where both QB's throw 3 INT's and no one really does anything worth cheering about. It could easily change if Watkins or Gordon get a breakaway, though. Or ST comes on from someone.

Obviously, I know my team better then your team, so I will speak with all due respect on what I know the best that I know.

First and foremost the Bills WR unit is vastly under appreciated here. Yes Austin, Hawkins and Gabriel are putting up good numbers and Gordon is now back but that does not take away from what Buffalo's WR's are capable of doing on the field. They're not all stars and they're not big names but I would not write them off simply because your unit is better. Our unit is a bunch of scrappers and they're pretty tough.

But, first at QB. I would like to believe that one day Manziel and Manuel with both be the futures of the franchise and take the teams to the playoffs but we are not there, yet. Orton has not been horrible, in fact he has been pretty good. You can't lean on him easily and you cannot depend on him against a top not DB unit. He is not going to lay down, though, and he is going to make some good decisions and get some tough passes out. He is good enough to not lose a ball game.

Our RB unit should not be cast off because Spiller is out and Jackson is banged up. Jackson is always banged out and has the will of twelve men. Dixon and Brown are both capable running backs to keep the ball moving and both offer a mix of speed and power to sustain drives. Dixon will break one free from time to time.

The WR's, again, should not be overlooked just because the Browns are better. I laughed at the comparison earlier in this thread that matched the Bills WR's against the Browns WR's. WR's don't face off against each other, they face off against DB's. And against Pettine I am perfectly comfortable realizing that he does not do very well at scheming in the D backfield. His strength is in the box and he is lucky to have a good DB unit in Cleveland. If I am Buffalo I use two WR sets with one or two TE's from time to time. I go hard at the DB's and attack the center of the field and try to get Pettine to run his 3 safety set. With 3 safeties - one of them being Leonhard - the Bills will have limited ability to run but should be able to pick up the under routes and exploit the LB's. I really like Kruger and hoped the Bills would have brought him in with Daryl Smith a few years back, but they didn't. Anyway, Chandler is a blue collar lunch pale kind of TE who isn't a superstar or even just a star but he is a player and he's going to contribute to a victory - should the Bills be able to achieve one. If I am Buffalo, though, I attack the middle of the defense. I use the Bills speed to beat the Browns in this position.

On the OL I do not expect much success and that is not because the Browns are good. The Bills OL would get beat by 3 brown paper bags. So, if they merely sneeze they should be able to get pressure on the QB. But, as much as I do jest on the Bills I do realize they have been slowly getting better week after week. They're not going to be god awful, but I just don't know if they'll be any good disirregardless of how good the Browns DL/LB are. Orton can elude a sack but he can't do that all day, it will be interesting.

On the DL for the Bills you realize we're pretty good. But, some times they sputter. Some times early they are slow out of the blocks. Cleveland needs to come out and smash the Bills early. West might not be the smash mouther to do this, but I expect the Browns O will try. Smash the Bills early and keep your eyes open for Gordon to break free throughout the game. It won't break the Bills back but it could score points. These Bills don't break and the DL is the reason why.

The Bills LB's are surprising. Brown is not getting much attention but could be up there for DROY if I had anything to do with it. He has played 3 positions at LB and been successful at all of them in extreme circumstances. He has been picked on by some very good QB's (Rivers, Brady, Cutler and even Smith - Smith is not a great QB but can capitalize on poor play). Spikes does not play every down but when he does play he makes a difference. He will ring your bell. Bradham has finally emerged to NFL starting talent which is majorly important for the Bills. Even our backups are contributing with sacks, too.

The DB's are going to be interesting this week as Leodis McKelvin is injured and IR'd. Graham moves up to starter and Gilmore pair up with Robey to form a good set of CB's that will make plays. I cannot say enough about UDFA 2nd year CB Robey. The guy appears out of no where just in time to make a big play. At S we have team leader Aaron Williams and Da'Norris Searcy/Duke Williams. The latter make substitutions from time to time and can allot for the biggest weakness from time to time. I see speed beating our safeties on a few trips down the field but our CB's aren't slow. It will be an interesting situation.

Matchups:

I really like that we are going to face Whitner. The guy is a punk. I like how he plays and hoped he would stay in Buffalo. I hoped he would come back, even. But, he is a liability on the field because of his attitude. I expect the Bills to goad him in to a penalty or two.

On D I like what our DT's will do against the interior OL of the Browns. At times many Bills fans have accused our DT's of disappearing. Lets see what happens this weekend when they need to show up.

Mario Williams vs. everyone. Watt and Keuchly are the brands that are hot right now but I challenge you to watch this weekends game and tell me that Mario Wiliams is not playing the best D in his career and in the NFL. The guy is shutting down entire sides of the field. M. Williams has only given up containment three times this season that I can count. He stops runs to his side, gets to the passer from the outside edge playing a wide 9, even. He is all of the time stronger, faster, and more skilled then his opponents. Opposite him is Jerry Hughes. He is just as fun to watch.

Josh Gordon and the Browns WR's will do very well at moving across the field and eluding coverage schemes. Hoyer vs. the Bills DL will be important. If he can get the quick reads and stay alive long enough to let the required routes win then the Bills will be beat over and over on short yardage passing. That'll open up on a long route. It's up to the entire D to stop Hoyer. No one else. The RB's of the Browns should not be a factor unless something goes terribly wrong or the Bills come out with an awful game plan.

What you'll like to watch:

The Bills DL. Would you believe that for at least 3 or 4 series a game Jerry Hughes Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus will be on the sidelines? They'll be replaced with Who?-Who?-Who?-Who? They also go by Wynn - Charles - Bryant - Lawson. You may remember Manny Lawson from Cleveland and last year. He has been pretty good throughout his career and continues to shine. This unit accounts for 5.5 sacks. That may not sound like much but for only playing 15-20% of the D snaps that's pretty impressive in my mind.

Conclusion:

The Bills will be hard pressed for a win but the Browns won't come by one easily. I expect the game to be too close to call.

First off, I must say that it is atrocious the behavior being shown toward George. It is one thing to disagree and argue or even playfully jest, but to use foul language is quite sad.

Let me be the first to say welcome and fuck you...

I'm sure there will be others.

Guys that fans outside of Cleveland probably have no idea how good they are:

Skrine

Gipson (injured)

Hawkins

Bitonio

Bitonio having an All Pro year and Gipson was too.

George, who are the guys on Buffalo we probably have under our radar besides Woods?

(I'm really asking ... not being a dick.)

Z

I'll field this one, if you don't mind...

• Chris Hogan is outplaying Mike Williams. Mike Williams has been a very good WR in the past and now rides the pine.

• Scott Chandler is the Bills TE. Most fans won't know him but he could be a key to victory.

• Gilmore for the opposite of being good. He has been struggling horribly this year

• Nickell Robey is going fun to watch. I think he's like 3' and 94 lbs. (he's 5'8, 165). But he plays like he's 10' and 220. He'll lay you out and he'll outrun you.

• Nigel Bradham and Preston Brown. When you look at the Bills roster you'll be drawn to two things. Brandon Spikes and the omission of Kiko Alonso. These two are letting Bills fans seriously discuss the possibility of trading Alonso for picks

• Garrison Sanborne. Why not give a long snapper some love?

Something that hasn't been said, Weeden beat the Bills last year and the Bills were complete pricks at the end of the game. Yes they had Pettine but I think the Bills are just salty still from being beat last year. They are a good team no doubt, but anyone that takes Twitter to heart for personal reasons is a jackass.

Twitter in General is for jackasses

First off, I must say that it is atrocious the behavior being shown toward George. It is one thing to disagree and argue or even playfully jest, but to use foul language is quite sad. I'm not here to spout off at anyone, nor am I here to tolerate that. Any behavior displayed like that toward me will be reported and if this board wants to be taken seriously I hope the moderation realizes it looks awful bad when opposing teams come here to learn about your team. If I am told to grow a set I will just laugh, if I am called a pussy, I will still laugh. I don't need to be bigger, stronger or smarter then anyone. I just like football and want to discuss it whilst reminding everyone that others here get a full display of your behavior and how ridiculous it is...

Fuck you, Asshole.

That's the way you are going to act on your first post as a guest ... to criticize how the board is run?

George has taken some lumps and adjusted. We like George.

You're a dickfucker.

Zombo

--Report Me.

Something that hasn't been said, Weeden beat the Bills last year and the Bills were complete pricks at the end of the game. Yes they had Pettine but I think the Bills are just salty still from being beat last year. They are a good team no doubt, but anyone that takes Twitter to heart for personal reasons is a jackass.

Twitter in General is for jackasses

That was last year, this is an entirely different team. You might as well forget last years game because both teams are drastically different.

The whole issue with Twitter was Whitner being an idiot, which is what he does. He went after some legendary Bills in personal attacks, at that.

The Bills last year at the end of the game were frustrated. It happens.

Fuck you, Asshole.

That's the way you are going to act on your first post as a guest ... to criticize how the board is run?

George has taken some lumps and adjusted. We like George.

You're a dickfucker.

Zombo

--Report Me.

done. and point proven, if this is acceptable, then i am fine with the repercussions of speaking out against it and saying it's poorly run when you represent it like Detroit trash.

if you're trying to be tougher then i am, you win.

if you're just mad because your trailer is leaking and you can't get out of the ghetto in Low-rain, then I feel for you.

done.

if you're trying to be tougher then i am, you win.

if you're just mad because your trailer is leaking and you can't get out of the ghetto in Low-rain, then I feel for you.

Oh .. "the trailer" and "the ghetto" ... what ... No "Mom's basement"? Not going for the trifecta?

Thanks for reporting me ... to me, Dumbphuck.

I am giving the report full consideration.

Zombo

Archived