THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hoyer Last 6 games

StocktonShorts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback. I live on the west coast. Don't get to discuss the Browns much. Just looking for some input on Hoyer. I love his story and his heart, just don't see the numbers stacking up.

Do you by chance live in NorCal? Maybe in a central valley city in between say the 5 and 99?

Thanks for the feedback. I live on the west coast. Don't get to discuss the Browns much. Just looking for some input on Hoyer. I love his story and his heart, just don't see the numbers stacking up.

Right on. Well, Hoyer's doing alright. Not great, but alright. They are 7-4 now.

But the other players on that team are doing things to also help get them to that record. That winning record.

And l welcome you to the board, and look forward to your input on all those other players and coaches that have helped get this team to 7-4, their best record in quite a while.

I am on record saying Hoyer should still start. I live in TX so the only game I've seen is the Texans game, which wasn't impressive.

I have nothing bad to say about Hoyer, but I just don't understand the Manziel bashing. Lots of people here act like they hope he fails, which is moronic for any Browns fan.

Some on here like to compare Johnny to Tebow. Some also like to say it doesn't matter how Hoyer plays, as long as he keeps winning. The irony is that Denver fans said the same thing about Tebow when he was "winning" in Denver.

Hoyer is much better than tebow obviously, and so is Johnny.

I have nothing bad to say about Hoyer, but I just don't understand the Manziel bashing. Lots of people here act like they hope he fails, which is moronic for any Browns fan.

Some on here like to compare Johnny to Tebow. Some also like to say it doesn't matter how Hoyer plays, as long as he keeps winning. The irony is that Denver fans said the same thing about Tebow when he was "winning" in Denver.

The vast majority of us like Johnny, and we hope he is a future hall of famer. We don't hate him, and certainly aren't rooting against him, as we are Browns fans and we want out team to win. However, we are sick of hearing from what we term, the Manziel knob slobbers (among other terms) on just how great he is, and how bad the guy currently under center is. It is his own fanboys that make us seem like we don't like him, when in fact, it's his fanboys that we don't like. There is a small % of us that never wanted Johnny and think his game won't translate to the NFL, but they are not very loud.

I myself am not the fan of a dude, but rather a Cleveland Browns fan. I have my favorite players on today's team, as well as yesteryear's team ( #57 Matthews hangs in my closet in white and brown ), but I have never rooted against any Browns player in hopes that my 'favorite' Browns player my take his place.

I have opinions on who I would like to see play, for example I want to see Crow run every single running play, but when West gets the call, I don't root against him, as that would make me the fan of a dude, and not a Browns fan.

DId anybody ever really bash JM here? I think we just didn't want him starting this year based on what we saw in preseason. I want JM to be our future QB but I think he has "alot' of learning to do. He cannot run the offense like Hoyer can, he absolutely could not run the hurry up...which has been so awesome for us this season..like Hoyer can. Being able to read NFL defense's like Hoyer takes time and it takes a good brain.

I am on record saying Hoyer should still start. I live in TX so the only game I've seen is the Texans game, which wasn't impressive.

Hoyer is much better than tebow obviously, and so is Johnny.

I guarantee the moment Johnny goes into a game, all of us will move up 2 inches in our seat.

I don't get the fear of a dissenting viewpoint. A discussion forum is for discussion. It's those who want to stifle discussion that have no place on a discussion board.

There is no fear, if you haven't noticed, this dude has been constantly posting for months about hoyer, and hoyer alone. NOT ONE OTHER POST, ABOUT ANYTHING. Just "hoyer sucks, or here is why hoyer sucks, or I told you hoyer sucked" posts. New threads about hoyer, making non hoyer threads, about hoyer, beating off while throwing darts at hoyers head and watching repeat video of that hit he took last week against Houston. Dude is not discussing anything, he is continuously stating his opinion and that is it. He needs to go.

Again its not about his opinion.

Hey if you loved Brian Hoyer as much as you people do, more so than the Browns even, I wouldn't want someone speaking the truth around here either.

I mean keep on all the people with the personal insults and death threats, but the guy quoting stats....he needs gone!

Here's a stat for ya Stocky. Of the 32 teams in the NFL there are only 6 teams with a better record than the Browns.

GO BROWNS !

AND GO STOCKY ANYWHERE BUT HERE !

Thank god about time Zombo. The thing that pisses me off is that Shityour Shorts likes it when Hoyer has a bad game. He takes great joy in smearing him. There is no way he's a fan. There are plenty of Manziel fans on here but none of them take sheer pleasure in Hoyers bad games.buf a board could have cancer Shityour Shorts is it.

There is no fear, if you haven't noticed, this dude has been constantly posting for months about hoyer, and hoyer alone. NOT ONE OTHER POST, ABOUT ANYTHING. Just "hoyer sucks, or here is why hoyer sucks, or I told you hoyer sucked" posts. New threads about hoyer, making non hoyer threads, about hoyer, beating off while throwing darts at hoyers head and watching repeat video of that hit he took last week against Houston. Dude is not discussing anything, he is continuously stating his opinion and that is it. He needs to go.

Again its not about his opinion.

hmmmmmmm very good point. Is it possible Stockton is Manziel

I think Hoyer owes a lot of his success to Shanahan. A lot of those long throws he hit were due to good play schemes. And even then receivers had to fall down to get the ball. I hope he's the answer, but it looks like he's more of a question mark.

Hoyer owes his lack of success today to shanahan, shanahan was worse than any player we had on that field.

OK, I won't use shanahan to justify Hoyer being bad, but shanahan wasn't good today either.

Hoyer owes his lack of success today to shanahan, shanahan was worse than any player we had on that field.

OK, I won't use shanahan to justify Hoyer being bad, but shanahan wasn't good today either.

Totally agree about today. But the fact that Hoyer is second in passes over 20 yards is due in great part to the early play callng, but I think the league has caught up to it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

Completion percentage is a bullshit stat. It's only important if you relate a high percentage of complete passes to yards gained. I'm not going to argue Hoyer is as accurate as Rodgers. If all you want to look at is Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and QB Rating, it's not worth even attempting to have a discussion about how effective a QB is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/passing.htm#passing::18

Would you care to look at total touchdowns scored by an offense, both rushing and passing?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOUCHDOWNS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOUCHDOWNS_RUSHING&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

And then tell me, what offenses have been this efficient running the ball, and scoring touchdowns on the ground, and still have a QB who has thrown for whatever you feel is an impressive number of touchdowns?

And no one seems to be willing to consider, that Brian Hoyer still only has fewer than one seasons starts in the NFL. Sitting behind a starter in practice, picking up a limited number of reps, I don't think a QB is going to develop at the same pace they would by getting starts in games with first team players, and first team reps in practice. I think it's likely Hoyer will get better in these statistical categories people seem to think are important.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

Completion percentage is a bullshit stat. It's only important if you relate a high percentage of complete passes to yards gained. I'm not going to argue Hoyer is as accurate as Rodgers. If all you want to look at is Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and QB Rating, it's not worth even attempting to have a discussion about how effective a QB is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/passing.htm#passing::18

Would you care to look at total touchdowns scored by an offense, both rushing and passing?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOUCHDOWNS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOUCHDOWNS_RUSHING&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

And then tell me, what offenses have been this efficient running the ball, and scoring touchdowns on the ground, and still have a QB who has thrown for whatever you feel is an impressive number of touchdowns?

And no one seems to be willing to consider, that Brian Hoyer still only has fewer than one seasons starts in the NFL. Sitting behind a starter in practice, picking up a limited number of reps, I don't think a QB is going to develop at the same pace they would by getting starts in games with first team players, and first team reps in practice. I think it's likely Hoyer will get better in these statistical categories people seem to think are important.

I'm a Hoyer supporter but are you really saying that completion percentage is bullshit stat? Come on guy.

I'm saying it's a stat that is less valuable than "football people" have lead the public to believe.

QB goes 30/45 for 240yds or QB goes 23/45 for 320yds

Which QB had a greater impact in the teams offensive production?

Completion percentage on its own is a bullshit statistic. It's what those completions produce that actually matters.

1. Fuck you.

2. 4-2 last six games. That's all that matters.

^ + 1 Exactamundo, as Rich4Eagle would say.

I'm happy. Today all but assured Hoyer won't be on the Browns next year. No way in hell.

Josh Gordons body language with Hoyer looked worse then Lebron with Waiters. I've never seen a WR more confused shaking his head at a QB.

Only problem is the Browns waste another week preparing for the future. Going to ruin next year and possibly many years after that, chasing a pipe dream with a QB that has no business in the game.

Soooo sorry you can't even enjoy a win, but would rather focus on the negatives. Make that ONE negative. Hate to tell you my two nephews, who forked out $500+ to fly from Cleveland to Atlanta for the game this weekend, are real happy campers on the flight back.

Enjoy your last night on the Brownsboard, Stock, because when I hit a computer tomorrow you're gone. You're not a Browns fan. At least the Steeler trolls do not pretend to be Browns fans. You're worse.

Z

100% agree Z. If he were a Browns fan, maybe he'd enjoy Crowell's super TD run, or the way JG makes the rest of the Browns receivers look like bums.

Of course Z wants me off this board.

Earlier when Hoyer wasn't one of the worst QBs starting in the NFL, nobody had any problem with me coming on and saying "Hoyer isn't the future, Miller High Life in a Champagne League, history will be kind to me" because you could just laugh it off.

But you can't anymore. Now the time is coming where you know I'm right, and you don't want me around when it becomes obvious. You can't stand to swallow the medicine of having me around when I was right all along.

Oh, you're SO right Stock Boy. SO right. Hoyer sucks. Except for the last 40 seconds of the game. 4\5 60 yards sets up game winning FG. Hoyer even admitted he sucked in that game.. Z has it right- go over to the 'Tard, your Hoyer hatred will be far more appreciated over there.

I don't get the fear of a dissenting viewpoint. A discussion forum is for discussion. It's those who want to stifle discussion that have no place on a discussion board.

It's not a dissenting opinion we fear- it's when someone's ONLY agenda is a dissenting viewpoint, to the virtual exclusion of anything else. We've had to temporarily ban Ghoolie for dissenting opinions- but at least he spread the hatred around a bit. Stockton's Hoyer hatred is a one trick pony beating a dead horse annoyance. Shit, I've warned him a couple of times, Z has too- we know Stock Boy thinks Hoyer sucks 100% got it a month ago- yet he had the audacity to START yet another Hoyer sucks thread. That's trolling, taunting, or flamebaiting in my book. DUH I told the booger- tell me something I didn't know already about Hoyer.

when you post 1 thing 300 times that's not a discussion, that's being an annoying douche.

What I just said. That's not a discussion- it's a personal agenda.

To a Manziel supporter I can see how it seems like there is more bashing than I think there is. I can also allow for the possibility that there actually is more bashing than I think there is. anyway the way I see it...

There are a few here who detest JM. But if he ever gets a chance, I doubt even they will root against him.

There are also a few ardent Manziel supporters who want him to start yesterday. Most of these are lurking "Manzealots" (as we have dubbed them) who pop up with a word here and there mostly dissing Hoyer, but a couple are Browns fans first with a strong opinion that JM is "the one".

I'm a Browns fan who did not want us to draft JM at #4... or #8... and thought we reached for him trading up to #22. I think he is still an immature college, RS Sophomore, but say "he's our immature RS Sophomore now".

I will wish him all the success possible... once he earns his shot... which he has yet to do.

I saw "something" in Hoyer last year. Saw glimpses in pre-season of the same early and a flood of it late, after he was named our starter. Then in the regular season I saw more than enough through five games to sustain through a couple very rough outings.

I think Hoyer owes a lot of his success to Shanahan.

Maybe... but he was undefeated last year under Turner... ;)

Archived