THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Falcons Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer was poop.. But when you need someone to step it up and lead a game winning drive I don't know if I take anyone else to QB my team

Hoyer made a few decisions that could have ended us, but at the end of the day, he keeps his guys from giving up and gets the win.

7-4

Let's fix our clock management and stop abandoning the run game (looking at Pettine + Shanahan)

Hoyer made a few decisions that could have ended us, but at the end of the day, he keeps his guys from giving up and gets the win.

7-4

Let's fix our clock management and stop abandoning the run game (looking at Pettine + Shanahan)

My biggest issue wasn't that Hoyer through the pick in the endzone, it was that Shanahan called a passing play. We should have kept to the running game to score and to get more time off of the clock.

At the end of the day though we won and that is all that really matters.

I'm gonna say it just once in this thread, as I'm sure those in the tavern have heard it enough, but Shanahan absolutely sucked today as a play caller. Crow had 12 carries for 88yds and 2 TDs, and should've had 30 for 200 and 3TDs.

Yes Brian threw the 2 horrific passes that were picked, but Shanahan is the one calling the plays, and shame on him for not pounding them into the ground. Great play callers find what works, and they ram it down your throat until you prove you can stop it. Little Shanny has much to learn about game day play calling, and abandoning the run.....I do however like his 1/2 time adjustments, but if the dude calls another game like this, then he can just walk his ass back home after the game.

Great win, and another heart stopping game that keeps us in the playoff hunt.

My biggest issue wasn't that Hoyer through the pick in the endzone, it was that Shanahan called a passing play. We should have kept to the running game to score and to get more time off of the clock.

there's absolutely no reason to call a pass there. That and the no TO at the half need to be answered.

I'm gonna say it just once in this thread, as I'm sure those in the tavern have heard it enough, but Shanahan absolutely sucked today as a play caller. Crow had 12 carries for 88yds and 2 TDs, and should've had 30 for 200 and 3TDs.

Yes Brian threw the 2 horrific passes that were picked, but Shanahan is the one calling the plays, and shame on him for not pounding them into the ground. Great play callers find what works, and they ram it down your throat until you prove you can stop it. Little Shanny has much to learn about game day play calling, and abandoning the run.....I do however like his 1/2 time adjustments, but if the dude calls another game like this, then he can just walk his ass back home after the game.

Great win, and another heart stopping game that keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Spot on analysis.

yeah after seeing the replay Gordon could have at least knocked it away from the defender if he just jumped up.

No where close to Gordon

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://t.co/Nsmgcrpcex">https://t.co/Nsmgcrpcex</a></p>— Retard (@StocktonShorts) <a href="https://twitter.com/StocktonShorts/status/536632293272854528">November 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For fucks sake I keep forgetting this website is stuck in 2005.

https://vine.co/v/O1bdFFY5Mru

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O1bdFFY5Mru/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dline got better pressure than I expected. Robertson and Kirksey were solid. 2 dropped picks today by Whitner and Skrine. The former a possible pick 6. Sucks losing Gipson.

Hoyer had two bad throws. The first was a good decision but a poor throw. The toss to Gordon I'm not to upset about. Let a playmaker that wasn't to " tear the league up" make a play. Trufant just made a better one.

Hoyer's scramble and big pass to Gordon was as good as you can ask for. Made plays when the team absolutely needed them. Speaking of, great to have Josh back. Those safeties had to stay back and that helps the Oline and running backs. 8-4 is very possible

Now you sound like Tate

That particular pick would have been avoided if Gordon didn't quit and just stand there. Easily could have stopped it. I agree not running it was boggling.

The ones before and after it were worse, though. Among other bad things such as leaving the first half with 2 timeouts (on Pettine)

That particular pick would have been avoided if Gordon didn't quit and just stand there. Easily could have stopped it. I agree not running it was boggling.

The ones before and after it were worse, though. Among other bad things such as leaving the first half with 2 timeouts (on Pettine)

Take a look. Look for yourself. Ball was 4 yards behind Gordon and about 6 feet too high. Gordon did nothing wrong, as noted by the announcers after the break.

Go ahead. Tell me Gordon just had to jump up and he quit on it.

Ugly game.

We moved the ball, but we really didn't play all that well,

We easily should have been up on the Falcons by several scores, instead we end up almost losing.

Hoyer & Gordon are not on the same page yet - hence two INT's going to Gordon, I don't remember the other INT.

Another player lost (Gipson), and did I hear that Rubin got hurt?

We're just too thin for all these injuries.

We won.

We're 7-4 = no double loss this Season :)

Next we should(?) get Cameron back, but I expect there to be some rust there, though not as bad as with Gordon.

Take a look. Look for yourself. Ball was 4 yards behind Gordon and about 6 feet too high. Gordon did nothing wrong, as noted by the announcers after the break.

True, angle I saw made it look different.

All bad decisions, but his team still believed they could win with him, and they did.

I'm more inclined to celebrate 7-4 than Hoyers bad performance.

Gordon came off a 10 game suspension and looked at ease. He has a natural talent that you rarely see.

We saw his talent today, his biggest example of rust came at the end of the first half, Hoyer wanted to lead him away from the safety. Looked like a lot worse of an incompletion than it was.

I actually think Gordon was off route on this, he wasn't even looking.

Chemistry isn't there yet - seriously, it's the guys first game since Pre-Season.

No way he (and Hoyer) is going to be in full Season form.

Hell, he had a lot more impact than I expected him too after being out so long.

Archived