THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal Lewis

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

via Dan Pompei:

Jamal Lewis: Browns running back is an interesting case. The Browns will owe him a $3.5 million bonus March 13. But even if they elect to cut him before then, they still will owe him $2.4 million in base salary, which is guaranteed.

According to Rotoworld & the OBR, the roster bonus is actually $4M.

Guest Aloysius

But what if he agrees to reduce the roster bonus to $2M? Then you'd have a choice between paying him $2.4M not to play & paying him $4.4M to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse and possibly your starting RB.

If he agreed to that, I'd probably keep him.

But what if he agrees to reduce the roster bonus to $2M? Then you'd have a choice between paying him $2.4M not to play & paying him $4.4M to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse and possibly your starting RB.

He has seen better days, It would be nice to keep him around for the leadership, but not at the current wage.

I agree. He was not utilized properly this year. With zero innovation in our running game, he still averaged 3 yards a carry behind a diminished line. There's always a spot for a guy like that in the NFL.

Our o-line weakness was in the middle and our running plays never left the tackle box. Feature Harrison, send him outside more than once a month, & let JL be your bruiser. Especially in Dec/ January!!

Archived