THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

As a middle-of-the-pack team (in the NFL), we're going to have a lot of ups and downs and frustrations. Injuries are really hurting us right now, and the role of Taylor and Mack should not be underestimated. Also, this is one tough and talented Texas team, who similar to the Browns, can win on any given Sunday. Their QB played well enough to win and they won the line of scrimmage - especially our O against their D. Hover under great pressure. Many Browns had bad days. Austin's performance was inexcusable, as was the fumble, which could have given us a 10-7 lead at half time. The missed pick-6, holding on the return TD, we left points all over the place!

Another win-able game goes into the L column, but all we can do is learn and move forward.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of blame to go around for this one. Shanny, the defensive front 7, the Oline (which was more on Shanny not letting a TE sit in to chip) Crow, Moore, Miles then Hoyer.

Getting Gordon back will really help keep those safeties away from the line.

Hoyer is the QB, the leader, and he was horrible today, along with alot of others. Sick of everyone giving Hoyer the credit with a good game, but nothing when we lose. Give it a break.

Hoyer is the QB, the leader, and he was horrible today, along with alot of others. Sick of everyone giving Hoyer the credit with a good game, but nothing when we lose. Give it a break.

Don't think you're going to find a single person that says Brian played well today. They didn't play well enough to get the win in any phase of the game, including the coaches on the sideline.......... Can't win em all, time to learn from it and move on.

I'm giving him blame, however unlike you I don't give him either too much credit or too much grief.

Yep. We sucked as a team. Picking single players to point the finger is pointless. And would take a lot of fingers. Maybe a calculator.

The punter was GREAT!

Got roughed twice and saved the day wit a miracle kick on a bad snap.

Everyone else, not so hot

Yep. We sucked as a team. Picking single players to point the finger is pointless. And would take a lot of fingers. Maybe a calculator.

The punter was GREAT!

Got roughed twice and saved the day wit a miracle kick on a bad snap.

Everyone else, not so hot

lol yep! Not a great sign when the punter was the best player on the team.

The game was lost on the Crow fumble, the kid could be Franco Harris but he wants to be butter fingers.

Again today was another case of the journey man QB Brian Hoyer, that we saw against JAX, OAK, TB, and the first half of week one.

So what he didn't have much time, he missed open receivers all over the place.

Also once again the 2nd of two good returns the Browns have had all year, the other coming against Cincinnati, was called back.

Was Phil Taylor really that much a difference to stopping the run? No, They ran outside and off-tackle all day, again Kruger proved to be a product of playing on a stacked Ravens D.

Secondary was awful as well, Whitner and Gibson were non factors, Haden did nothing, and Buster Skrine was, Buster Skrine.

Don't get me started on the line, especially the RT, Schwartz

Spencer Lanning gets the game ball today, for not playing like a high school player

The game goat goes to well everyone else.

The game was lost on the Crow fumble, the kid could be Franco Harris but he wants to be butter fingers.

I'd prefer him not to be a Penn State product and Joe Paterno 'Truther'

Again today was another case of the journey man QB Brian Hoyer, that we saw against JAX, OAK, TB, and the first half of week one.

It is a coincidence that the entire offense did bad, therefore so goes the QB? I mean, Hoyer can't block, run and catch.

Also once again the 2nd of two good returns the Browns have had all year, the other coming against Cincinnati, was called back.

Was Phil Taylor really that much a difference to stopping the run? No, They ran outside and off-tackle all day, again Kruger proved to be a product of playing on a stacked Ravens D.

Krug did some ok work against the run, should have had a nice holding call a couple times. Wasn't much of a pass rusher. He still does the jump step coming out of his stance

Secondary was awful as well, Whitner and Gibson were non factors, Haden did nothing, and Buster Skrine was, Buster Skrine.

Haden had a beautiful over the shoulder pick in the endzone. Did you turn the game off after the first series?

Schwartz was matched up against the best Defensive LIneman in a generation, what did you expect?

Spencer Lanning gets the game ball today, for not playing like a high school player

Fuck any Cleveland browns fan right straight in the mouth with a syphilis dick that puts this loss on Hoyer. Dude took two shots from Cushing that I'm convinced take any other qb in the NFL save maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, out of the game. Not only that, he comes back SLINGING. Dude is a WARRIOR. Yeah he missed a couple plays that also looked like him and his receivers weren't on the same page. This game is Shanny's fault more than anyone else's. Watt obviously made some plays today but he didn't tee off on us like I was afraid he would. Clowney really didn't have too many snaps either so he wasn't much of a factor.

Defensively what can you say? I'm over this 3-4. The 3-4's main strength is in stopping the run...well, how many games in are we? Enough of this. You all see what Mingo was able to do when he came in for Sheard? It's cause he had his hand in the dirt. Go to a 4-3 and make him the OLB and 3rd down DE or otherwise long distance passing situations. Kruger should never stand up again....NOT ONE SINGLE FUCKING SNAP should he ever stand ever again. We're nerfing his natural abilities while paying him 8m. I'm over it.

We need a complete overhaul of our ILB'ers at the end of the season. This is horseshit. How does this cunt, who's name I can't even remember right now...step in for Foster and go for 150? Are you fucking kidding me? Part of this is scheme, no question about it. It's either a shitty run defense scheme or our personnel aren't a good fit for it. But something has to be completely redone after this season. Shurm's 4-3 was better than this. Weren't we 9th overall or something last time we ran the 4-3? Just go back to it this ain't workin. Not this year obviously but for next year it's gotta change.

1. The game was lost on that play, 14 point swing. 2. Cushing threw a blind ass punch that freakishly worked. Not on Crow IMHO

Sad to say I really expected this outcome.

Team loss, plain an simple, very few bright spots.

We're playing with a backup at C and we've got injuries all over the D.

Sheard and Winn hurt today.

Also looks like we lost Dansby today - probably out for the Season.

You think our D was bad before, without Dansby in there making the calls and plugging holes it's going to get really ugly.

Hoyer took a couple hits, one of them possibly a concussion type hit . . . if so, will he risk reporting it?

Bad, bad game in many ways.

So what (Hoyer) didn't have much time, he missed open receivers all over the place.

... again Kruger proved to be a product of playing on a stacked Ravens D.

Haden did nothing...

Stupidity trifecta from a Dunce of the week nominee...

anybody see justin gilbert on defense today??? thought he played well past few weeks, wonder why he didnt get playing time today

Someone in Tavern mentioned he was a gunner on a punt. Seems clear he was behind Williams this week.

Dunce of the week? Says the guy who said Foster was gonna play, when in fact he had been ruled completely out.

You are right though Haden's INT was such a game changing play, and Kruger is such a force on defense they played great today.

Also are you saying Hoyer didn't miss some easy throws? Lol c'mon man!

Fuck any Cleveland browns fan right straight in the mouth with a syphilis dick that puts this loss on Hoyer. Dude took two shots from Cushing that I'm convinced take any other qb in the NFL save maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, out of the game. Not only that, he comes back SLINGING. Dude is a WARRIOR. Yeah he missed a couple plays that also looked like him and his receivers weren't on the same page. This game is Shanny's fault more than anyone else's. Watt obviously made some plays today but he didn't tee off on us like I was afraid he would. Clowney really didn't have too many snaps either so he wasn't much of a factor.

Defensively what can you say? I'm over this 3-4. The 3-4's main strength is in stopping the run...well, how many games in are we? Enough of this. You all see what Mingo was able to do when he came in for Sheard? It's cause he had his hand in the dirt. Go to a 4-3 and make him the OLB and 3rd down DE or otherwise long distance passing situations. Kruger should never stand up again....NOT ONE SINGLE FUCKING SNAP should he ever stand ever again. We're nerfing his natural abilities while paying him 8m. I'm over it.

We need a complete overhaul of our ILB'ers at the end of the season. This is horseshit. How does this cunt, who's name I can't even remember right now...step in for Foster and go for 150? Are you fucking kidding me? Part of this is scheme, no question about it. It's either a shitty run defense scheme or our personnel aren't a good fit for it. But something has to be completely redone after this season. Shurm's 4-3 was better than this. Weren't we 9th overall or something last time we ran the 4-3? Just go back to it this ain't workin. Not this year obviously but for next year it's gotta change.

I'm reading this thread and getting ready to verbally punch somebody and read this.

Back off my thunder. Fuck you.

Goddamit.

You're awesome.

Dunce of the week? Says the guy who said Foster was gonna play, when in fact he had been ruled completely out.

Yup... you are the Dunce of the Week.

Why?

Because I have your quotes and you only have me relying on the Official NFL Injury report.

Lot of ball left,get a break on some injuries on d,Gordon back help move the sticks.We all have seen a lot of good this season and this team is capable any week,not this week..Go Browns!!

You'd be a really ignorant football fan to put this loss on one player. The Browns laid one big pile of shit as a group. We all knew there would be a few more losses, but unlike other teams we're getting a HUGE piece back late in the season. Monday is time to watch film and put it in the past. That's what Denver will do, that's what all good teams do. In a way I'm glad they got all the crap out in one game (hopefully)

You'd be a really ignorant football fan to put this loss on one player. The Browns laid one big pile of shit as a group. We all knew there would be a few more losses, but unlike other teams we're getting a HUGE piece back late in the season. Monday is time to watch film and put it in the past. That's what Denver will do, that's what all good teams do. In a way I'm glad they got all the crap out in one game (hopefully)

Just wanna amen that. Well said. How we respond next week is it. Totally it.

Nothing is wrong with my quotes though, what you said was factually wrong, what I said was my opinion on the Browns, nothing wrong with an opinion!

Stupid O'Brien... expecting Foster to play at mid-week, but be a gameday decision.

Stupid Texans for officially listing Foster as Questionable on Friday.

Stupid NFL for believing the Texans and publishing their listing...

Stupid facts...

On the other hand the following are apparently smart... be they facts or opinions...

"Haden did nothing."

"(Pressure never affects accuracy.)"

"(A 2nd Qtr turnover determined the outcome of the game.)"

Anyone who blames this loss on Hoyer is an idiot who did not watch the game OR knows NOTHING about football. If you want to blame Hoyer then you should never speak on this board again because you are an idiot.

It was a bad loss and there was plenty of blame to spread around.

You can either suck it up and do better, or fold and accept mediocrity. Lets see what they do before we start lighting the torches.

Bad game, everyone has them. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

Anyone who blames this loss on Hoyer is an idiot who did not watch the game OR knows NOTHING about football. If you want to blame Hoyer then you should never speak on this board again because you are an idiot.

It was a bad loss and there was plenty of blame to spread around.

You can either suck it up and do better, or fold and accept mediocrity. Lets see what they do before we start lighting the torches.

Bad game, everyone has them. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

Amen, but what's up with the funky cursive? Giving me 2nd grade nightmares.

The reaction to this game is the ticket. I like our chances, and it's not predicated on who is coming on. It's a football mentality, from the top down, and l like our chances.

Stupid O'Brien... expecting Foster to play at mid-week, but be a gameday decision.

Stupid Texans for officially listing Foster as Questionable on Friday.

Stupid NFL for believing the Texans and publishing their listing...

Stupid facts...

ESPN said Foster wasn't gonna play yesterday! lol

On the other hand the following are apparently smart... be they facts or opinions...

"Haden did nothing." Haden had no impact on the game, the INT only stalled HOU to take the lead later in the half

"(Pressure never affects accuracy.)" He was inaccurate even with not much pressure

"(A 2nd Qtr turnover determined the outcome of the game.)" Well it was a 10-14 point swing and since we only scored 7 the whole game. yeah it determined the game.

Archived