THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our 6-3, and AFC North leading Cleveland Browns continue their surgence this season as they host the 4-5 Houston Texans come to First Energy Stadium for a 1:05 Eastern Standard Time kickoff. A win by the Browns in the 8th all-time regular season meeting will both end a two game losing streak over the Texans, but also even the series at four games apiece.

NO further injuries, win your seventh game today, and GO BROWNS!!!!! :)B);)^_^

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No ravens game today so I might follow the game online. Not sure I'm rooting for you guys as a win doesn't help my ravens, but good luck!

Quit being so damn nice! I want to give you a villain name like the "Purple Lesion" or something.

Zombo

I will say this, if you guys lose I hope this board won't freak out like many did the last loss. Losses happen.

Browns should win if they can hold back the pass rush. Pound the rock early and often

It helps our prospects that Foster is out, too. The team that runs the ball best is going to win this one.

I will say this, if you guys lose I hope this board won't freak out like many did the last loss. Losses happen.

This board has freaked after every single loss since 99, why would that change now?

Zombo

Forecast looks a tad better than yesterday's...

A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

... end a two game losing streak over the Texans...

I'm starting to see this (guy? Bot?) as a good luck charm. Would almost be disappointed if he didnt show up.

Unusual phrasing to say the least...

I can't figure the angle... but you may be right. We are undefeated in the regular season when BDP has started his "Official" threads...

He(?) posted one Week 1 vs. Steelers, but it looks like a Mod may have merged it into another thread... A move that likely cost us a win... Bastage!

I'm starting to see this (guy? Bot?) as a good luck charm. Would almost be disappointed if he didnt show up.

Z

I'm starting to wonder about that too Z, he never posts after he starts the thread.

according to ESPN the Browns have never faced Mallett.

He did play against OSU when he was at meatchicken. in 2007

And he played OSU in the Sugar Bowl in 2010

Things i expect to hear today.

" He bounced up like a Rubber Mallet"

" Hes getting knocked around like a Croquet Ball, instead of a Mallet"

"Mallet was Hammered by Kruger on that play!"

"Mallet is in full swing"

" Hes standing back in the pocket like a wooden Mallet"

Etc etc

Feel free to add your own....

Browns should win if they can hold back the pass rush. Pound the rock early and often

Oh, they'll overreact and freak out all right. Guaranteed.

In fact, if you watch it here, I promise someone will be losing it before the end of the first drive

But, in the end, the Browns will dominate defensively and Mallet(and his offense) will not dominate anything. We win comfortably.

Browns Inactives are up... Texans not yet...

Johnson Bademosi CB Inactive

Jordan Cameron TE Inactive Cameron (concussion) is out.

Pierre Desir CB Inactive

Vinston Painter T Inactive

Keith Pough OLB Inactive

Rodney Smith WR Inactive

Glenn Winston RB Inactive

Desmond Bryant DE Active

Tashaun Gipson FS Active

Andrew Hawkins WR Active Hawkins (thigh, knee)

Nick McDonald C Active

Nick McDonald C Active

Barkevious Mingo OLB Active

Billy Winn DE Active

Texans

Jeff Adams T Inactive

Josh Aubrey DB Inactive

Max Bullough ILB Inactive

Arian Foster RB Inactive Foster (groin) is inactive today.

Kareem Jackson CB Inactive

DeVier Posey WR Inactive

Tom Savage QB Inactive

Jadeveon Clowney OLB Active

Brian Cushing ILB Active

Johnathan Joseph CB Active

Brooks Reed OLB Active

John Simon LB Active

Jeff Tarpinian MLB Active

Justin Tuggle ILB Active

This just popped up across my ipad screen.

Report: Texans, Titans interested in Browns' Hoyer in free agency

Nov 16 2014, 11:34 AMJoe Thomson

The Houston Texans and Tennessee Titans would have interest in signing Cleveland Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer if he becomes available in free agency, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hoyer has worked with Texans head coach Bill O'Brien previously in New England and both parties reportedly have interest in doing so again.

"Hoyer trusts O'Brien as much as any coach in the league from their time together ... and would welcome a reunion," Schefter writes.

Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt and Hoyer have a connection from their time together with the Arizona Cardinals, and he would also be interested in bringing Hoyer in.

Cleveland appears to be leaning towards rookie Johnny Manziel as their quarterback of the future as they haven't offered Hoyer a long-term deal.

Archived