THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

The Cleveland Browns are 5-3 at the halfway mark, and the good news for Browns fans is that they are just going to get better.

After blowing up Pittsburgh 4 weeks ago, the Browns have hit a rough patch after an injury to Center Alex Mack sent the offense into to a funk. The result was three "ugly" games, but since the "funk" coincided with the softest section of schedule, the Browns were able to come out of the muck with a 2-1 record ... perfect timing for a mucky funk.

Now it's back to big, meaningful games ... and there have been none bigger or meaningful in recent Browns history than tonight's tussle with in-state rival, First Place Cincinnati.

It is perfect timing, because no funk lasts longer than three games ... the new center is going to "get it" on a short week with no time to overthink things, the running game is going to be back, which means the quarterback will excel, and the defense .... well, they have been getting better every week, so no problem there.

The Browns will be at their best Thursday night ... and their best is better than anything the Bungles are able to serve up at this time.

Cleveland at Cincinnati 8:25 PM Thursday Night Football

The Browns will run early and often with success, and then switch to the play action which Hoyer excels at, with big yardage bombs to the orange smurfs. Defensively ... Joe Haden owns Andy Dalton. Owns him. If the Browns have any kind of a pass rush the score could get ugly, but my crystal ball says the Browns just double them up. BROWNS 34 BUNGLES 17

Tennessee at Baltimore 1:00 PM

I don't even know who the Titans QB is any more, but I know Baltimore is a mad as a poked and prodded bee hive and will win at home. RAVENS 30 TITANS 13

Pittsburgh at New York Jets 1:00 PM

If you look up "Trap Game" there should be a picture of this contest. The Steelers are a mediocre team that is thinking that they are really good after a couple impressive offensive performances. The Jets are seemingly left for dead with a lame duck coach. Let me tell you something ... that lame duck coach knows a thing or two about defense, and once Pittsburgh starts sputtering on the road, they will collapse, just like they did in Cleveland. The Jets have veteran QBing the team now so they will not blow this opportunity. JETS 19 STEELERS 12

Last Week: 2-2 Straight up and 1-3 v the spread

Season: 19-15 ATS

Cleveland (+6.0 ) @ Cincinnati

Got that nice, edgy feeling going for this one. Not overconfident, just aprehensive enough...

We've been playing to the level of the competition all year, except the 2nd PTG game. That game we played to the level at which we thought our opponent would be. We know how that turned out. I think tonite is more of the same.

Last week I saw hints of a return of our run game... just a play here and there. Some due to more power scheme... some due to better execution... and some due to a fine effort by West. I think we see an even bigger improvement this week.

And with the above run game comes our PAP game... as good as any in the league that I have seen. Game manager Brian will once again not blow anyone away, but neither will he blow the game.

Our D? It's been practicing for a bigger challenge for three weeks running. Tonite it gets and meets that challenge.

The only thing that gives me any pause is the weather. But the chance of rain is only 30%... I like our chances a lot better...

Prediction: CLE 24 CIN 13

Final: CLE 24 CIN 3 - WW/WW... over estimated the Bengals and missed it by 10

Pittsburgh @ New York (NYJ) (+5.0)

No one has a hotter hand than Ben right now. And Jets cannot stop the pass...

Just another nail in Rexy's coffin..

Prediction: PTG 34 NYJ 13

Final: NYJ 20 PTG 13 - L/L

Tennessee (+9.5) @ Baltimore

Mettenberger? Really? That alone should be good for 14 Ravens points even with their Smith-less secondary...

Add to that their Smith to the second powered WR corps and it should be a romp.

Prediction: BLT 38 TN 16

Final:BLT 21 TN 7 - W/W

Weekly Results ... Prev ..... Last ... YTD

Straight-up ......... 19-14-1 .. 3-1 ... 22-15-1

Vs. the spread .... 21-13 ..... 3-1 ... 24-14

Cleveland (+6.0 ) @ Cincinnati:

Statistically these teams are a perfect match and that would indicate an even & hard fought game.....but.....

I think the Browns D will continue to rise and they will dominate their first game.....and.....Shanny reaches into his bag of tricks and finds a few nooks and crannies. After 3 games, the run game finally gets back on track and goes 120+

Browns 27 - Bungles 17

Cleveland (+6.0 ) @ Cincinnati

Got that nice, edgy feeling going for this one. Not overconfident, just aprehensive enough...

We've been playing to the level of the competition all year, except the 2nd PTG game. That game we played to the level at which we thought our opponent would be. We know how that turned out. I think tonite is more of the same.

Last week I saw hints of a return of our run game... just a play here and there. Some due to more power scheme... some due to better execution... and some due to a fine effort by West. I think we see an even bigger improvement this week.

And with the above run game comes our PAP game... as good as any in the league that I have seen. Game manager Brian will once again not blow anyone away, but neither will he blow the game.

Our D? It's been practicing for a bigger challenge for three weeks running. Tonite it gets and meets that challenge.

The only thing that gives me any pause is the weather. But the chance of rain is only 30%... I like our chances a lot better...

Prediction: CLE 24 CIN 13

No prediction here Tour- but not rain- it's really windy. 30 mph gusts. Team that can effectively run will win. Deep passes are going to be a problem- for both teams- Dalton's arm isn't any stronger than Hoyer's IMHO.

No prediction here Tour- but not rain- it's really windy. 30 mph gusts. Team that can effectively run will win. Deep passes are going to be a problem- for both teams- Dalton's arm isn't any stronger than Hoyer's IMHO.

Good prediction, h... but one arm looked stronger, and it was not attached to a redhead...

Good prediction, h... but one arm looked stronger, and it was not attached to a redhead...

LOL, just call me Nostradamus. :) However, I didn't predict Dalton would pull a Wee-Done impersonation act- and holy cow, did the D play lights out or what? Getting Phil Taylor back solved 80% of the run D woes. Post game presser Pettine thinks his injury is just a tweak.

LOL, just call me Nostradamus. :) However, I didn't predict Dalton would pull a Wee-Done impersonation act- and holy cow, did the D play lights out or what? Getting Phil Taylor back solved 80% of the run D woes. Post game presser Pettine thinks his injury is just a tweak.

Dalton played like Dalton, no Weeds about it. OUR D was fuckin awesome!

The Cleveland Browns are 5-3 at the halfway mark, and the good news for Browns fans is that they are just going to get better.

After blowing up Pittsburgh 4 weeks ago, the Browns have hit a rough patch after an injury to Center Alex Mack sent the offense into to a funk. The result was three "ugly" games, but since the "funk" coincided with the softest section of schedule, the Browns were able to come out of the muck with a 2-1 record ... perfect timing for a mucky funk.

Now it's back to big, meaningful games ... and there have been none bigger or meaningful in recent Browns history than tonight's tussle with in-state rival, First Place Cincinnati.

It is perfect timing, because no funk lasts longer than three games ... the new center is going to "get it" on a short week with no time to overthink things, the running game is going to be back, which means the quarterback will excel, and the defense .... well, they have been getting better every week, so no problem there.

The Browns will be at their best Thursday night ... and their best is better than anything the Bungles are able to serve up at this time.

Cleveland at Cincinnati 8:25 PM Thursday Night Football

The Browns will run early and often with success, and then switch to the play action which Hoyer excels at, with big yardage bombs to the orange smurfs. Defensively ... Joe Haden owns Andy Dalton. Owns him. If the Browns have any kind of a pass rush the score could get ugly, but my crystal ball says the Browns just double them up. BROWNS 34 BUNGLES 17

Tennessee at Baltimore 1:00 PM

I don't even know who the Titans QB is any more, but I know Baltimore is a mad as a poked and prodded bee hive and will win at home. RAVENS 30 TITANS 13

Pittsburgh at New York Jets 1:00 PM

If you look up "Trap Game" there should be a picture of this contest. The Steelers are a mediocre team that is thinking that they are really good after a couple impressive offensive performances. The Jets are seemingly left for dead with a lame duck coach. Let me tell you something ... that lame duck coach knows a thing or two about defense, and once Pittsburgh starts sputtering on the road, they will collapse, just like they did in Cleveland. The Jets have veteran QBing the team now so they will not blow this opportunity. JETS 19 STEELERS 12

Last Week: 2-2 Straight up and 1-3 v the spread

Season: 19-15 ATS

Browns by 17

Ravens by 17

Jets by 7

I've had worse weeks.

Crystal ball was taking no shit this week.

Z

Oh really?

Baltimore at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM Sunday Night Football

Steelers always find a way to gravitate back to .500 after a big win ... plus Baltimore's better. RAVENS 34 STEELERS 19

Interesting how Zombo doesn't seem to return to his picks when he gets them wrong, like with the Steelers the last couple o' weeks. (Or the last 10 years, for that matter.)

All in good fun Joe. If you had put Zs picks this week on a three game parlay- you would have won a lot of money.

Oh really?

Steelers always find a way to gravitate back to .500 after a big win ... plus Baltimore's better. RAVENS 34 STEELERS 19

Interesting how Zombo doesn't seem to return to his picks when he gets them wrong, like with the Steelers the last couple o' weeks. (Or the last 10 years, for that matter.)

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/2549.png

You mean as opposed to Steeler fans who love to brag about their failures?

Oh really?

Yes, let's review my history with the Steelers: Picked them to be a a mediocre 8-8 team the past two years while you and your boyfriends were screaming playoffs ... and ... drumroll, please ... they were a mediocre 8-8 team.

Would you like more recent history? Picked them to lose at the jets by a touchdown ... and ... drumroll, please ... they lost to the jets by a touchdown.

But don't be mad that my picks are right ... be mad that your team is mediocre.

Zombo

--Mine's not.

In other words, man up and own up.

I am here every week. I have never not owned up to one of my picks. I even keep track of them for everyone to see. I respond to anybody that posts to me in this thread.

What else can I do make you feel better about what a Browns fan is posting on a Browns forum?

Zombo

I wouldn't be giving me crap about whether I show up or not here considering past history.

I don't run and hide when the Steelers lose. I DO get banned and have posts erased when they win and someone here gets all pouty about it. That's a fact.

So you might want to look in other directions when you accuse someone of the whole chicken feces thing. Know what I mean?

By the way, your "first place in November" championship rings should be ready soon, I hear. Congrats.

No, we don't count those. Perhaps you do. We got 13 real ones to deal with. It is just good to be there now . Better to be there than not to be there......merely a positive for the future.

First, show me where I ever posted some guarantee about how the Steelers are gonna do, or not.

Speaking of "recent history" sure I'd like some. Who'd you pick to win when the Steelers played the Colts? 'member that one?

Dude, I get the shtick and all, but if you're gonna show up and brag when you blind-squirrel one right, don't consistently stay away from threads when you get it wrong, like you always do. In other words, man up and own up.

And hey, when you pick the Steelers to lose about 90 percent of the time, you're bound to hit some now and then.

OK, lets see, the internet age began fully about 1995, at the time the Browns were out for a while. So, lets just start since 1999.

2014 minus 1999 is 15. 15 times 16 equals 240.

Zombo has predicted the Browns to win 240 times.

Zombo has predicted the Steelers to lose 240 times.

Is your sphincter really puckered over the fact that he made a prediction that the Steelers would lose to the Colts?

What other orifice of yours dried up the other 239 times?

I wouldn't be giving me crap about whether I show up or not here considering past history.

I don't run and hide when the Steelers lose. I DO get banned and have posts erased when they win and someone here gets all pouty about it. That's a fact.

So you might want to look in other directions when you accuse someone of the whole chicken feces thing. Know what I mean?

By the way, your "first place in November" championship rings should be ready soon, I hear. Congrats.

A Squeller fan on a Browns Board getting banned and having his posts erased. Say it aint so....

OK, lets see, the internet age began fully about 1995, at the time the Browns were out for a while. So, lets just start since 1999.

2014 minus 1999 is 15. 15 times 16 equals 240.

Zombo has predicted the Browns to win 240 times.

Zombo has predicted the Steelers to lose 240 times.

Is your sphincter really puckered over the fact that he made a prediction that the Steelers would lose to the Colts?

What other orifice of yours dried up the other 239 times?

Gip, I don't pick the Steelers to lose every week, TGZ makes a week to week call on each game. The crystal ball was loud and clear this week ... Steelers were getting over confident again and would lose to a Rex Ryan defense on the road.

Zombo

Gip, I don't pick the Steelers to lose every week, TGZ makes a week to week call on each game. The crystal ball was loud and clear this week ... Steelers were getting over confident again and would lose to a Rex Ryan defense on the road.

Zombo

OK, of the @240 games the Steelers have played since 1999 how many do you think you predicted them to win?

....and, which other orifices of JoeSuxDicks do you think have dried up on him?

I am here every week. I have never not owned up to one of my picks. I even keep track of them for everyone to see. I respond to anybody that posts to me in this thread.

What else can I do make you feel better about what a Browns fan is posting on a Browns forum?

Zombo

Short of picking the Stools to win every game.... Probably nothing

Short term memory here. It was just a few weeks ago he picked Steelers to win: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30597&hl=%2Bthis+%2Bweek+%2BnorthThis particular time they lost though, to the Texans, 24-7.

Actually they beat the Texans. I was right again.

Z

Archived