THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bengals Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you supposed to lose? The Bengals have been overrated all season IMO and I'm not shocked at all by the result. Andy Dalton is fvcking terrible. He's like Eli Manning lite. Play tough defensively and limit mistakes offensively and the bad qb's do the rest. I still can't believe they paid him all that money. Flacco at least won the super bowl before getting his pay day.

Yes Dalton played like crap. I thought the Bengals had rented Brandon Weeden for the game.

That's kinda what the +6 next to our team name meant in the Vegas line...

1 out of 52 "experts" picked the browns. the only one to pick them was mike ditka. so yes, i would say we were supposed to lose

^ This V. Regarding the line, Your Steelers Jets game, Steel City went from 1.5 to 5 point favorites, because everyone is betting on the Steelers to cover. If the teams play like they have the last couple weeks, Pittsburgh should be favored by 20. Just my 0.02.

Yes Dalton played like crap. I thought the Bengals had rented Brandon Weeden for the game.

^ This V. Regarding the line, Your Steelers Jets game, Steel City went from 1.5 to 5 point favorites, because everyone is betting on the Steelers to cover. If the teams play like they have the last couple weeks, Pittsburgh should be favored by 20. Just my 0.02.

In what world are the Steelers only favoured by 1.5?! I'd be torn if they were -20 favourites.

My takeaways. The Dline was inconsistent early on but picked up the pace quickly. Our linebackers really got after it in the run game. Big Phil and Sheard had a few very nice moments. The former obviously having some conditioning issues from being out a while. Desmond Bryant had decent interior pressure on top of his two sacks. Billy Winn might finally be adjusting to his additional weight. I'm still not a fan of him being 300lbs, but whatever.

The secondary balled out. Dalton was shit but the secondary left very little room to throw. Props to Gilbert and Kwaun last night but especially Skrine. Bounced back from the PI to have

Good awareness on the first INT and just made a great play on the second one. Dansby had one missed tackle but played damn good the rest of the evening. Save for the one special teams penalty, Robertson balled last night as well. Several ST tackles, a pick and blew up the run.

Offense was efficient and error free. Our young backs need to hold onto the ball. I'd have no issue cutting Tate if I could trust them. The online made some hey last night. Part of it is Cincy's line in decline. The other part being growth.

Encouraging, to say the least. This team has a shot. A real shot, for the first time in a long time.

Good game.

It wasn't perfect, but they played a damn good game last night.

C McDonald was much better this game than he was against Tampa Bay - he was pretty good actually from what I saw.

RG Greco had one Boneheaded play where he let Atkins straight in onto Hoyer.

We put up 170 yards of Rushing last night.

That's been sorely missing the last several weeks . . . let's hope it's back for the rest of the year.

We're sitting at 6 - 3

Been 7 years since we've won that many games . . . a definite sigh of improvement so I think we can be safe in assuming we'll have an intact (for the most part) FO & Coaching staff for next year.

Regardless of how things go forward from here, it's nice to be playing meaningful games at this point in the Season.

Stfu Gipper, Jesus. The steelers have already been underdogs this season. I'm being civil and you still have to be a grumpy geezer.

Don't act like a fucking dumbass then and pretend that you don't have a clue about a point spread.

And face it, this is exactly your reaction when you are told that the Steelers are not favored to win a game:

Don't act like a fucking dumbass then and pretend that you don't have a clue about a point spread.

And face it, this is exactly your reaction when you are told that the Steelers are not favored to win a game:

Gipper i know how the spread works, i just don't gamble. A 6 point spread to the Bengals even at home was too many points considering the play of the teams in the AFC North and the obvious decline of the Bengals and Dalton's play even before last night. We don't need to converse. I feel like you seem me post and feel obliged to respond. You try and entirely too hard to be insulting, then your resident cheerleaders chime in to make you feel like you're actually accomplishing something with that insult.

Gipper i know how the spread works, i just don't gamble. A 6 point spread to the Bengals even at home was too many points considering the play of the teams in the AFC North and the obvious decline of the Bengals and Dalton's play even before last night. We don't need to converse. I feel like you seem me post and feel obliged to respond. You try and entirely too hard to be insulting, then your resident cheerleaders chime in to make you feel like you're actually accomplishing something with that insult.

Vag. I guess I do feel the need to respond to Steeler fan stupidity. In your case you provide such a fertile field.

But others on here are not immune either. I gave shit to lodilobo and a couple of others just today.

You see, you are selfish that way, only thinking about yourself. Have you no sympathy for others who feel my wrath simply because they may be Browns fans?

And I don't know about the Bengals declining....at least at home where they were 13-01 before this beat down.

Vag. I guess I do feel the need to respond to Steeler fan stupidity. In your case you provide such a fertile field.

But others on here are not immune either. I gave shit to lodilobo and a couple of others just today.

You see, you are selfish that way, only thinking about yourself. Have you no sympathy for others who feel my wrath simply because they may be Browns fans?

And I don't know about the Bengals declining....at least at home where they were 13-01 before this beat down.

What I said wasn't a matter of possessing intelligence or lacking it. It was a matter of opinion and in a very hotly contested division with the Browns rallying and the Bengals playing like sh.it 6 points was a lot. I also don't care how their record is at home. Ben had a near flawless record against Ohio Teams and laid an egg while he was still reeling from that upshaw hit he took in the first ravens game. You just like to read your own posts.

Love the ending...

Pettine: "I know you are as sick of seeing us are we are sick of seeing you..."

Joe Thomas: (with a huge grin) "See you WEDNESDAY!"

Pettine: (with a bigger grin) "See you Tuesday MORNING."

My takeaways. The Dline was inconsistent early on but picked up the pace quickly. Our linebackers really got after it in the run game. Big Phil and Sheard had a few very nice moments. The former obviously having some conditioning issues from being out a while. Desmond Bryant had decent interior pressure on top of his two sacks. Billy Winn might finally be adjusting to his additional weight. I'm still not a fan of him being 300lbs, but whatever.

The secondary balled out. Dalton was shit but the secondary left very little room to throw. Props to Gilbert and Kwaun last night but especially Skrine. Bounced back from the PI to have

Good awareness on the first INT and just made a great play on the second one.

Couple questions/quibbles/comments:

- Against the run I wonder if the D-line simply settled into their role of defeating/ neutralizing one or more O-line freeing the LBs to make plays?

- Winn looked "heavy" last nite even compared to the Winn that leap-frogged a pair of linemen last week... may be that pudgy guys "can't do" what he did last week.

- Williams shutting down Sanu was huge in my book. Taking away the crutch Dalton had used thru Green's convalescence played a major role. It allowed Skrine to cover the likes of Little and Wright. Skrine made the plays to be sure, but K'Waun set the table.

What I said wasn't a matter of possessing intelligence or lacking it. It was a matter of opinion

Just because it was an opinion doesn't mean it wasn't stupid.

and in a very hotly contested division with the Browns rallying and the Bengals playing like sh.it 6 points was a lot.

No, I suggest it was the perfect point spread.....because everyone said the Bengals were going to win....what was it, like 51 out of 52 national pundits took the Bengals. The bets were going in the way of the Queen City Kitties....and that is how a point spread is set.

Your opinion should have been that YOU believe that the Bengals should not have been favored by that much....but you still cannot argue with the point spread set by the gambling experts.

I also don't care how their record is at home.

But the point spread setters and the gamblers apparently did care.

Ben had a near flawless record against Ohio Teams and laid an egg while he was still reeling from that upshaw hit he took in the first ravens game.

What a lame excuse. If he couldn't play then he should have sat down. That hit in that first Ravens game didn't affect him when he played the Browns. That game was over a month later. It just that the egg that was laid was the shit egg that the Browns laid onto BRs face.

Couple questions/quibbles/comments:

- Against the run I wonder if the D-line simply settled into their role of defeating/ neutralizing one or more O-line freeing the LBs to make plays?

- Winn looked "heavy" last nite even compared to the Winn that leap-frogged a pair of linemen last week... may be that pudgy guys "can't do" what he did last week.

- Williams shutting down Sanu was huge in my book. Taking away the crutch Dalton had used thru Green's convalescence played a major role. It allowed Skrine to cover the likes of Little and Wright. Skrine made the plays to be sure, but K'Waun set the table.

1st Bold - I saw the Dline attempting to penetrate gaps more and forcing action in the backfield as opposed to simply tying up a man and waiting for the linebackers to clean things up.

2nd Bold - Spot on. Kwaun was giving up a ton of height as well but his shiftiness really helped him neutralize Sanu out of his breaks. Should this team ever part ways with Skrine, I have confidence Kwaun will be more than able to fill

the nickel spot.

What I said wasn't a matter of possessing intelligence or lacking it. It was a matter of opinion

Just because it was an opinion doesn't mean it wasn't stupid.

and in a very hotly contested division with the Browns rallying and the Bengals playing like sh.it 6 points was a lot.

No, I suggest it was the perfect point spread.....because everyone said the Bengals were going to win....what was it, like 51 out of 52 national pundits took the Bengals. The bets were going in the way of the Queen City Kitties....and that is how a point spread is set.

Your opinion should have been that YOU believe that the Bengals should not have been favored by that much....but you still cannot argue with the point spread set by the gambling experts.

I also don't care how their record is at home.

But the point spread setters and the gamblers apparently did care.

Ben had a near flawless record against Ohio Teams and laid an egg while he was still reeling from that upshaw hit he took in the first ravens game.

What a lame excuse. If he couldn't play then he should have sat down. That hit in that first Ravens game didn't affect him when he played the Browns. That game was over a month later. It just that the egg that was laid was the shit egg that the Browns laid onto BRs face.

You're a windbag Gipper. I'm going to employ you for birthday parties, you'll put the helium trade out of business.

You're a windbag Gipper. I'm going to employ you for birthday parties, you'll put the helium trade out of business.

If the kids at that party are entertained by seeing me beat you like a rented mule, OK then. Just beware of what the cost to you will be....both financially and emotionally.

If the kids at that party are entertained by seeing me beat you like a rented mule, OK then. Just beware of what the cost to you will be....both financially and emotionally.

Gipper your self inflated opinion will only take you so far. I'm done going round and round. You show up and threads become pissing matches. Notice others aren't piling on with you, there is a reason.

Gipper your self inflated opinion will only take you so far. I'm done going round and round. You show up and threads become pissing matches. Notice others aren't piling on with you, there is a reason.

They don't have to be pissing matches. I mean, lets face it, if they are pissing matches it is because you had an equal hand in creating it.

Your problem Snatch: You brought inadequate equipment to this match. You have to squat to pee, and I brought a big ole dick.

I am the only one participating here that can write his name in the snow.

They don't have to be pissing matches. I mean, lets face it, if they are pissing matches it is because you had an equal hand in creating it.

Your problem Snatch: You brought inadequate equipment to this game. You have to squat to pee, and I brought a big ole dick.

I am the only one participating here that can write his name in the snow.

Gipper if you weren't so threatened by me you wouldn't have to constantly try and ride my dick like the quarter fed rocket ship outside the grocery store. I'd love to meet you in person someday, maybe next year in Cleveland.

Gipper if you weren't so threatened by me you wouldn't have to constantly try and ride my dick like the quarter fed rocket ship outside the grocery store. I'd love to meet you in person someday, maybe next year in Cleveland.

I am threatened by you like the Lion is threatened by the mouse.

And, remember, you don't have a dick to ride. You have a snatch. That was your choice.

AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron

(and what is going on next year in Cleveland that we would meet up?)

I am threatened by you like the Lion is threatened by the mouse.

And, remember, you don't have a dick to ride. You have a snatch. That was your choice.

AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron

(and what is going on next year in Cleveland that we would meet up?)

Its based on the movie snatch. If you weren't threatened you wouldn't be so inclined to hump my leg at every opportunity. I'm happy to not converse with you, you just can't help yourself with me.

Its based on the movie snatch. If you weren't threatened you wouldn't be so inclined to hump my leg at every opportunity. I'm happy to not converse with you, you just can't help yourself with me.

It's very easy.. Gipper,Like everyone else here, see's that you make yourself an easy target, by flapping your jaw. When you should keep it shut.. and remove all doubt. But we all understand. A top notch professional troll like yourself. Just can't help yourself.

Hopefully nothing to worry about . . . but :

Center Nick McDonald walked out of Paul Brown Stadium with his left foot in a walking boot.

Pettine said, “I know Nick had just a little something in his calf that was bothering him. I have a feeling that was more precautionary than anything else.” …

Pettine did not have an update on defensive end Phil Taylor, who, in his first game back after arthroscopic surgery on a knee, suffered another knee injury

The above, with a little follow up from Pettine :

Pettine gave the players off until Tuesday. “We’ll be very focused when we get back in,” he said.

“The last time we had a big win in the division was Pittsburgh and we didn’t play so well the next week against Jacksonville. That’s something I’ll certainly address with the team when we get back together.

We’ll take a little bit of time to enjoy this one and to get our batteries recharged.”

Grossi also has some other good bits in this write up, some nice insight from Bitonio - who sounds sharp for a Rookie and sounds like he's got an exceptional work ethic :

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=39661

Although we don't have a 1,000 yard Rusher, we do now have over 1,000 yards Rushing . . . with 7 games to go.

I guess I am a sadist that likes to pull wings off flies.

And you never did answer me about what is happening in Cleveland next year.

I guess I am a sadist that likes to pull wings off flies.

And you never did answer me about what is happening in Cleveland next year.

I missed the question. I'd just love to meet you and discuss things in person. I'm no e-thug unless we are talking about that dip shit Ernie ca-whatever that made light of cancer.

I missed the question. I'd just love to meet you and discuss things in person. I'm no e-thug unless we are talking about that dip shit Ernie ca-whatever that made light of cancer.

You said something about "seeing you in Cleveland next year". I asked what was going on in Cleveland next year?

(and I never took you for an e-thug. And this isn't anything personal for me. I am simply like an Orca playing with it food before consumption).

Archived