THE BROWNS BOARD

Vick is ready

Oldcrow1945

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best fit for vick would be detroit or the raiders they will be rebuilding but i dont know if any team would be willing to build around vick he isnt the kind of qb that can really come into an existing system with much effect..

And add onto his strange unique qb skillset the dog killer thing and there will not be much if any demand for him other than maybe 2 desperate teams...

I know for sure the home of the dawgs would never even consider him...hehehe ;)

vick will be available pretty cheap i'm guessing. The falcons will not go into the season with him on the roster so it's trade him or cut him. Other teams know this so I am guessing he will be available for less than a 4th rounder. Yeah he fought dogs, but he is not a trouble maker in the classic sense where he ends up in trouble all the time. There will be a team that gets a good QB if they are willing to take a little heat from the fans.. Wins erase bad will quickly.. We all know the guy can win.

I could care less! just another black guy that had the world by the balls and pissess it away for something as stupid as dog fighting.

To bad he didn't have someone tell him that his so called friends were just ghetto trash that used him for his money. And then rat him out at the first sign of trouble.

great Athlete and was fun to watch. But the funny thing is was his slap on the wrist penalty, if it was any of us we would still have a decade with Bubba left on our sentence.

Remember his brother http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Vick"Marcus another good athlete that couldn't leave the weed alone, Im starting to see a trend here

vick will be available pretty cheap i'm guessing. The falcons will not go into the season with him on the roster so it's trade him or cut him. Other teams know this so I am guessing he will be available for less than a 4th rounder. Yeah he fought dogs, but he is not a trouble maker in the classic sense where he ends up in trouble all the time. There will be a team that gets a good QB if they are willing to take a little heat from the fans.. Wins erase bad will quickly.. We all know the guy can win.

Contractually, I don't think he'll be cheap at all. I believe I'm correct in thinking that the Falcons, or any team that trades for him, must still honor the contract he signed before his conviction.

I could care less! just another black guy that had the world by the balls and pissess it away for something as stupid as dog fighting.

To bad he didn't have someone tell him that his so called friends were just ghetto trash that used him for his money. And then rat him out at the first sign of trouble.

great Athlete and was fun to watch. But the funny thing is was his slap on the wrist penalty, if it was any of us we would still have a decade with Bubba left on our sentence.

Remember his brother http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Vick"Marcus another good athlete that couldn't leave the weed alone, Im starting to see a trend here

Not sure what "Black" has to do with it. There have been plenty of white and hispanic athletes that pissed their careers away as well. For a variety of reasons as stupid as Vicks. Not as cruel. But just as stupid.

And that's exaclty the attitude that will let him play again...and it pisses me off!!

He KNOWINGLY committed a federal offense and let some of his buddies (who couldn't afford the high priced lawyers) take the bigger fall for him.

He hasn't had time to be a trouble maker 'cause he got caught. Give him time. He's no angel and IMO doesn't deserve to get back what he lost.

Hiwaygal.. Sorry but these are the facts. He will play again. He did his time, he deserves to work. The same law that put him in jail also says he has a right to work again. So what's your deal?....Do you crucify every convicted felon, or do you let them work again?.. Are YOU gonna pay for his expenses and upkeep? I know plenty of people who have made mistakes and are solid working citizens. Vick deserves the chance just like anyone else who has committed a crime and made a mistake. Vick is not 1/10th the offender Pacman Jones is, and Goodell gave him another chance to play again...... You would want that second chance if it were you. What if it was a family member or yours?.

So you want him to remain unemployable and punished for the rest of his life? That is the attitude I find offensive. Sorry, but being a Christian, I believe in forgiveness and grace. If God didn't give me a million second chances, I would not be where I am today. Peace.

Hiwaygal.. Sorry but these are the facts. He will play again. He did his time, he deserves to work. The same law that put him in jail also says he has a right to work again. So what's your deal?....Do you crucify every convicted felon, or do you let them work again?.. Are YOU gonna pay for his expenses and upkeep? I know plenty of people who have made mistakes and are solid working citizens. Vick deserves the chance just like anyone else who has committed a crime and made a mistake. Vick is not 1/10th the offender Pacman Jones is, and Goodell gave him another chance to play again...... You would want that second chance if it were you. What if it was a family member or yours?.

So you want him to remain unemployable and punished for the rest of his life? That is the attitude I find offensive. Sorry, but being a Christian, I believe in forgiveness and grace. If God didn't give me a million second chances, I would not be where I am today. Peace.

Dude, there's a BIG difference between having a right to work, and having a right to work for a particular company. There is NO law that says the NFL has to employ the thug again! None! I'd be surprised if Goodell doesn't keep him suspended for at least the 2009 season.

Nope, he can get a job at the local Wal-mart for all I care. Or he can use the education he supposedly got at Tech. I just don't think he should have the opportunity to earn millions of dollars and be put on a pedestal as a role model for future generations. He can EARN his "average" salary like the rest of us poor saps who have to work for a living.

If it were a family member of mine I can assure you they wouldn't be given million dollar contracts to return to their jobs. They would be lucky to get a minimum wage job driving cabs or waiting tables. And I wouldn't feel sorry for them...they made their choice.

Amen.

He didn't just fight dogs... he murdered them with his own hands. He's a sociopath. While it's his "right" to gain employment at any level he can find a suitor, I'm surely not pulling for him.

Yeah try to find employment anywhere with that kinda background.

Not sure what "Black" has to do with it. There have been plenty of white and hispanic athletes that pissed their careers away as well. For a variety of reasons as stupid as Vicks. Not as cruel. But just as stupid.

Well I have no stats to back that or care to look but it seems so many black atheletes are messing there lives up more so than any other race.

O.J.

L.T.

Kobe

Plaxico

Pac Man

Michael Vick

One third of the Bengals players.

Is it the media that singles these guys out by race....I don't think so I feel they eat up anything they can get their hands on. It could be a Canadian wife beatin alcholic hockey player and it will be on Espn for days. I am kinda currious about stats on this now though. BTW 65% of the NFL players are black. How many of the suspensions handed out by the NFL are from black players bet its more than 65%....

Amen.

Yeah try to find employment anywhere with that kinda background.

Well I have no stats to back that or care to look but it seems so many black atheletes are messing there lives up more so than any other race.

O.J.

L.T.

Kobe

Plaxico

Pac Man

Michael Vick

One third of the Bengals players.

Is it the media that singles these guys out by race....I don't think so I feel they eat up anything they can get their hands on. It could be a Canadian wife beatin alcholic hockey player and it will be on Espn for days. I am kinda currious about stats on this now though. BTW 65% of the NFL players are black. How many of the suspensions handed out by the NFL are from black players bet its more than 65%....

Can he play CB or Safety? Has he repented? If so, get him.

If he expects to be a QB, ignore him. He couldn't hold DA or BQ's jock.

He didn't just fight dogs... he murdered them with his own hands. He's a sociopath. While it's his "right" to gain employment at any level he can find a suitor, I'm surely not pulling for him.

Amen brother. Serial killers normally have a history of cruelty to animals. He is a true sociapath.

BTW 65% of the NFL players are black.

where's that stat from? i'm curious; thought it was much higher.

Serial killers normally have a history of cruelty to animals.

that's an assumption built on an old model that's since been disproven. it was assumed to be correct at one time as part of a triad of experiences that led people to become serial killers with the other two being pyromania and bedwetting, with childhood abuse, either physical or sexual, being a common link as well. however, these behaviors are neither accurate indicators of becoming a serial killer nor are they exclusive to serial killing. there are far more factors that go into becoming a serial killer than three simple acts, and there's little to predict who will become a serial murderer because we understand so little of their psychology.

on a different tack, a person's color of his skin does nothing to determine the content of his character. someone's past experiences and upbringing determine what kind of person he will become. to say that someone will be a criminal because he is black, white, asian, native american or any other race, ethnicity or national origin is foolish, shortsighted and bigoted, and it makes the person who makes the assertion look ignorant and backwards, and i believe rightly so.

vick's crimes are indefensible, and there's no way i'd want him on my team. personally, as a dog lover, i want him tortured then brought back to health then tortured again and killed in the most horrible, painful ways possible, but i want that to happen to him solely because of what he's done, and would want anyone else who does the same to receive the same treatment.

i also think lenoard little should be kicked out of the league and am amazed that there's not more outrage about him also being a murderer.

hat's an assumption built on an old model that's since been disproven. it was assumed to be correct at one time as part of a triad of experiences that led people to become serial killers.

I know narcissistic Pathology stems from culture. My point centered on the result of that upbringing or culture. Which has been shown to act out in ways such as killing small animals with no feelings of sympathy.

I am talking about the after effect of culture. Not what leads to narcissistic pathology.

It's known fact. Past seriel killers would hurt or kill small animals.

vick's image is tainted forever. no matter where he goes there will too many fans against him. what he did was disgusting and ridiculous. it doesn't matter if he becomes the president of PETA, his image is ruined forever. more fans of whatever team picks him up will be against for than for him.

where's that stat from? i'm curious; thought it was much higher.

Well I heard it on Espn's outside the lines a few months ago but this link says 67%

While 67 percent of all players in the NFL are black, there are no African-American owners and one general manager. Ozzie Newsome became the first Black General Manager of an NFL team in 2002. He works in the front office for the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.aaregistry.com/detail.php?id=441

Amen brother. Serial killers normally have a history of cruelty to animals. He is a true sociapath.

Great... But every Sunday we see guys on the field who smack around thier wives and/or girlfriends... I don't see you guys getting all offended over that. Twisted world we live in. Guys get dui and endanger the lives of everyone on the road.. no one is outraged that they may be killing HUMANS.. check out this link to the number of nfl arrests in ONE year.. This is an older list but there are a lot of assuaults, domestic violence, dwi's and drugs.. I counted about 41 arrests.. that is nearly 8% of the whole league being arrested. Vick will be right back on the field in no time. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...t_12162006.html Sorry guys...while fighting dogs is sick.. offenses against humans is a bit more disturbing to me.. No one seems to be so shocked about that.. what's wrong with this picture?

Great... But every Sunday we see guys on the field who smack around thier wives and/or girlfriends... I don't see you guys getting all offended over that. Twisted world we live in. Guys get dui and endanger the lives of everyone on the road.. no one is outraged that they may be killing HUMANS.. check out this link to the number of nfl arrests in ONE year.. This is an older list but there are a lot of assuaults, domestic violence, dwi's and drugs.. I counted about 41 arrests.. that is nearly 8% of the whole league being arrested. Vick will be right back on the field in no time. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...t_12162006.html Sorry guys...while fighting dogs is sick.. offenses against humans is a bit more disturbing to me.. No one seems to be so shocked about that.. what's wrong with this picture?

The problem is this...I think things such as DUI's are more of a crime of ignorance. Many people just don't see it as going out and endangering the masses. Is it wrong? yes, it's very wrong. But a person that drinks a bit too much (A beer or two and a .009 and you are a DUI stat) isn't the same as person who goes out and PURPOSELY hurts and kills animals. This is a sickness. It's criminal activity that should be held in the highest disdain. Should I then look at a couple of my firends who have DUI's in the same light that I look at Mike Vick with?

If a football player is arrested and convicted of spouse abuse, I think he should be held to the same penalties as any other violent criminal. Just because I view Vick as a disgusting excuse for a human being and have voiced that opinion, while I have not yet voiced my opionion of wife beaters, don't try and say I or we don't view those guys in the same disgusting light. None of them deserve to be working for the NFL. I am just as shocked over that too.

Are there recent examples of an NFL player beating his wife or girlfriend that we don't know about and have not had a chance to be disgusted over?

I don't see how anyone can say vick was not a great player.. He is not a typical passing QB for sure. however.. he really only started full time for 4 seasons. He made the probowl three times and led his team to the playoffs 2x including going to a championship game. Every team who played him had to gameplan for HIM. That is the sign of a great player. Not to mention he signed the richest contract in nfl history at the time. Trust me there are teams that will pay him to play QB. What he did was sick. No, I am not his greatest fan, I enjoy watching him.. mostly watching him run.. but the guy is a force. Period. Ask anyone who ever had to play defense against him. Guy was a nightmare because of his running skills.

I guess I am the only one willing to stand up for the guy getting another chance ..sorry ...but get used to seeing him as he will only be 29 in June.

EJ, I don't think anyone thinks he wasn't a good player...I liked to watch him but things have changed and could care less about him.

You say get use to seeing him, OK, Where? Honestly I have a hard time seeing it.

The Jets have already said they have no interest in him and they need a qb. And lets not forget that big pricetag that's going along with him. I think the only way you see him in a uniform is if he tears up his old contract and starts from scratch. Dont see that happening but it might be the only option for a broke dick qb.

Here is a good article to read http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3726426

Gives you an idea how broke ole Ron Mexico is.

I agree completely with Hiwaygal.

Some of his career numbers

Yards per game: 155

Career TD's to INT's 71 to 52

Career QB rating of 75

Certainly not good numbers.

His biggest asset was his ability to run. But what happens when he losses a step and has to depend on getting rid of the ball?

Well, he's a PR nightmare who probably has to play a different position to have any value (he's not at all bright and he's a horribly inaccurate passer). Think of him as Vince Young (backup), but far less polished as a passer.

He almost certainly won't play in the NFL this year, as I've read repeatedly. In fact, the NFL might not even reinstate him for 2009, opting to force one more year out of the league so the Raiders or Cowboys don't do something stupid.

If he keeps his nose clean in Canada for a year and spend that time learning to play RB or WR, then he has a shot.

my exact response....PR nightmare!!!

read'em and weep.. the conversations have already started taking a serious tone. SF would be a good spot for Vick as it is a liberal venue. Singletary already says they have discussed it. It it's being discussed there.. it's being discussed all over. Someone will take the discussion to the next level. n Here is the article and I heard it on ESPN as well today. Oh.. and Hiway gal says he is not that good. I cannot think of anyone on our roster who is only 29 years olewith 3 probowls under his belt. (old man willie has 3 I think)

Michael Vick, QB, Atlanta Falcons Tuesday 2/17, 8:12 AM CT

The 49ers may be interested in Michael Vick, according to the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat. Head coach Mike Singletary said, "I am not going to say I am open or closed. I would say it has to be something GM Scot McCloughan and I talk about and feel good about one way or the other. But we have not talked about it at this point in great detail. We are trying to focus on what we have." Team President Jed York added, "If they felt it was right for the team, and convince me and my parents, it is up to them to show that somebody who has had issues in the past can be a part of this team."

Our View: The 49ers are currently the only known NFL club to express possible interest in Vick. If Vick did land in San Francisco, his primary competition at quarterback would be Shaun Hill.

The problem is this...I think things such as DUI's are more of a crime of ignorance. Many people just don't see it as going out and endangering the masses. Is it wrong? yes, it's very wrong. But a person that drinks a bit too much (A beer or two and a .009 and you are a DUI stat) isn't the same as person who goes out and PURPOSELY hurts and kills animals. This is a sickness. It's criminal activity that should be held in the highest disdain. Should I then look at a couple of my firends who have DUI's in the same light that I look at Mike Vick with?

If a football player is arrested and convicted of spouse abuse, I think he should be held to the same penalties as any other violent criminal. Just because I view Vick as a disgusting excuse for a human being and have voiced that opinion, while I have not yet voiced my opionion of wife beaters, don't try and say I or we don't view those guys in the same disgusting light. None of them deserve to be working for the NFL. I am just as shocked over that too.

Are there recent examples of an NFL player beating his wife or girlfriend that we don't know about and have not had a chance to be disgusted over?

OLD COW: This is exactly the dismissive attitude I am talking about and I am pissed off about..... Sorry but I disagree.. it is WORSE than fighting dogs.... if you don't have a ride home BEFORE you go out.. you CHOSE to PURPOSELY endanger other peoples lives.. We have come to accept excuses for drinking and driving.. " Oh, i only had 3 or I only had 2" ... most of them in fact have had 5 or 6 drinks.... fact is before you have even ONE drink .... you need to check yourself. If you don't you are engangering HUMAN BEINGS.. People should not even drive after ONE beer. You can rationalize all you want on this.. but the fact is drinking and driving is a crime and puts others in danger... Think before you drink.. If you ask me people should lose the license to drive for 5 years first offense. period.. 2nd offense 10 years... then maybe people will wake up to the epidemic on our roadways.

and for the doubters who think I have lost my mind...this just in from kffl

NFL

49ers | Not ruling out Vick

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary did not rule out the possibility of the team trying to trade for Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick.

2009-02-16 23:02:43

Archived