THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer had 300 yards and 2TDs and 2INTs with 61% against the Bucs

Is that good? You tell me Tour, is that great?

The Bucs who gave up 5TDs in a half to Flacco. The Bucs that gave up 59 to the Falcons and a 155.9 rating to Ryan? The Bucs where Bridgewater threw for 241 and a TD with no picks? Hoyer and his 85 rating against a putrid pass defense is supposed to impress me?

You tell me Tour, how good was it today? Because it didn't look good. C+ at best.

Also the same Bucs team that beat Pittsburgh and their 2 time super bowl winning QB Raplessburger. Guess that means Hoyer is better than that stiff huh? Maybe Pittsburgh should put him on the bench and see what they've got in whoever the fuck is their backup after actually losing to Tampa Bay.

Well "has a lame avatar" could be just about anyone on here, but not liked by almost every other member and likes "Coral"? I bet thats me you're talking about.

Now your turn, who is dead last in the NFL in 3rd down passing?

Who's starting and who's the backup?

stockton:

i just don't get the fact that if you were that kid crying in the stadium after the drive and you are a true brown's fan.......then why all the negativity? you know what this team has been thru since '99, you've seen the coaching/FO?QB carousel, you know the one year we made it with anderson was a fluke correct?

so now that we have a guy that, who led the browns to victory over our hated nemesis by a large margin and has us with a chance to win more games than we have in a LOOOOOOOONG time, why you hating on the guy?

sure he might not be a franchise QB in the likes of a rodgers or manning or brady but he's the best we've had in quite some time.

I think we should start everyone on the practice squad so we know what we have for the future. We can cut all the vets since they are known commodities. I'd also like to see shanahan coach the defense and O'Neil coach the offense. It will prepare them for head coaching positions elsewhere.

Farmer needs additional experience too. 20 more years of 4 win seasons would be beneficial so we can use top ten draft picks to build for the future. Dynasty 101.

stockton:

i just don't get the fact that if you were that kid crying in the stadium after the drive and you are a true brown's fan.......then why all the negativity?

mik, I think I understand...

He was crying after Daddy left him to find his own way home if he could.

Dad had just sat next to him the whole game... plus Overtime... and listened to him go on and on about how we needed to move on from Bernie... that Bernie wasn't elite... that he knew what Bernie could do and what he could not do...

Finally Dad had had it and when the game was over and the "I told you so" fresh from little Stocky's lips was still hanging in the air...

Daddy turned and said, "Did Bernie Fuck your wife?" and then simply walked away...

Time to move on...

sounds like some sad political campaign ad.

what are you trying to say?

what?
what?

Broken record.

Keep wagging your tails in the car.

This is not a playoff team, Browns are wasting their time.

Hoyer struggles with a TB secondary that gave up what 5 TDs to Flacco in the first half? Atlanta dropped 59 on them? Browns need missed FG, Blocked FG, Blocked Punt, INT in the endzone to hold on to beat TB.

The fact you see today as a positive only shows how small you think.

Miller Light in a Champaign League.

I see a win as a positive, and you don't? Have you lost your f**king mind? Damn right Stockton, Hoyer has his flaws- he's also winning games.Sorry you don't seem to get this isn't the same situation as the Faguars with Bortles, or the Vikes with Teddy Twatwater.

That really is the main point here. I was happy with the Manziel pick but now that we've got these fucking homos here telling us that we should dump the season, just so we can find out if Manziel can play or not is fucking Retarded.

^+1 Mark.

Hoyer had 300 yards and 2TDs and 2INTs with 61% against the Bucs

Is that good? You tell me Tour, is that great?

The Bucs who gave up 5TDs in a half to Flacco. The Bucs that gave up 59 to the Falcons and a 155.9 rating to Ryan? The Bucs where Bridgewater threw for 241 and a TD with no picks? Hoyer and his 85 rating against a putrid pass defense is supposed to impress me?

You tell me Tour, how good was it today? Because it didn't look good. C+ at best.

WIN = GOOD. I suppose you favor artistic losses over ugly wins. You have the Dolphins blowing out the Chargers? How about the Rams beating the 49ers? A win is a win.

Heres my talk to the team.

Hey guys, not good lately. It is clear that we're not contenders, especially without Mack. Not going to happen this year. The goal is to get you vets a Super Bowl before you retire so we're going to build for the future starting now. Brian Hoyer has been fine, but fine doesn't cut it at the QB position in this league so we're going to find out what we got in the kid. We will find a Super Bowl caliber QB in this few year window we have with you guys. We're not there yet, but we will continue to try and get there. Everybody give Brian a hand he's been adequate. He'll need some help moving this offseason so if any of you care to give him a hand with that. That'd be super. I'm sure he lives in an average house on average street so it'll be easy to find.

Nice recipe to have the team quit on you.

So this team can't win a Super Bowl unless we have a Manning or Brady? Well, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, and a couple of other mediocre qbs say otherwise.

I kinda know how he feels. I have the homer urge to root for Brian Hoyer.

I also looked at his stats from yesterday and don't really see a problem.

Not only that but it's pretty clear the other deficiencies on the team are causing way more problems than he is.

So why is it that there's so much anxiety?

I certainly understand having the most hyped quarterback in years languishing on the bench can drive you crazy, but didn't it seem like the opposite of a moral victory yesterday? Struggling as we did against one of the worst teams in the league again?

Why is it so difficult to have a winning record all of a sudden?

WSS

Hoyer was good, true, not great, but closer to great - maybe at least a Miller High Life, the champagne of beers - considering 50 rushing yards (20 before the last two Browns possessions) and the Bucs could bull rush straight over, literally over, the center and destroy the pocket anytime they wanted yesterday. Hoyer's been good enough to win 7 of 8 games.

We'll know more Thursday. It's a good spot to be in. If we get Cincy, and we've got a good shot, then Stockton should explain his move in the locker room. 51 guys (everyone but Hoyer and Manziel) would want to kick his ass through a wall. For talking about stats and comparing QBs and Hoyer's W-L record, the whole team plays better behind Hoyer. As good as they'd be with Russell Wilson? No. It's better than anyone else they can put at QB right now.

I understand when letting the young guy sink or swim is better, although in the NFL, from week one of year one, it's pretty rare. Now though, winning with Hoyer helps this whole franchise more than losing with Manziel even if Manziel's the real long-term guy. If we were 3-5 right now, it'd be obvious on the other side. If we were 7-1, which is equally possible, it would be more obvious we were rolling the rest of this season with Hoyer.

If there are 3-4 straight losses, it'll be time for JFF for the last few games this season. But, going to Manziel now and the rest of the team is to play hard? Not out of intentionally loafing, just out of career preservation since this coach/front office/franchise has flushed this season I worked damn hard for and was having success in, and um, so I guess all that shit about playing to win now and the future being now was straight BS, so I guess everything else Pettine and Shanny, etc. is saying is all BS, too. A little of that mentality and one more OL injury and we'd get Hoyer back on the field anyway.

For now, it's Cincy, Foster-less Houston and 3-7 Atlanta and a city that'll be on fire if the Browns win Thursday. If the Browns lead the division at that point, true, it could still end 8-8/9-7/barely in, barely out of the playoffs and everyone from me to Ray Farmer and Truckstop Jimmy knows the questions at hand then, but at 7-4 or 8-3? QB change then?

I can understand, but disagree with, being for Manziel starting from day one. No matter what a Browns fan thought in August, there's no real, honest way to switch at this stage.

Which QB, you ask?? Grade or rank these three stat lines...

125 of 205 (60.9%) for 1,628 yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, QB Rating of 95.5

165 of 276 (59.8%) for 1,990 yards, 10 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 87.3

146 of 252 (57.9%) for 2,014 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, QB Rating of 90.3

Which QB's do you think put these #'s up??

Heres my talk to the team.

Hey guys, not good lately. It is clear that we're not contenders, especially without Mack. Not going to happen this year. The goal is to get you vets a Super Bowl before you retire so we're going to build for the future starting now. Brian Hoyer has been fine, but fine doesn't cut it at the QB position in this league so we're going to find out what we got in the kid. We will find a Super Bowl caliber QB in this few year window we have with you guys. We're not there yet, but we will continue to try and get there. Everybody give Brian a hand he's been adequate. He'll need some help moving this offseason so if any of you care to give him a hand with that. That'd be super. I'm sure he lives in an average house on average street so it'll be easy to find.

"Hey guys, I know this franchise has been a machine taking in and churning out GMs, coaches, co-ordinators and QBs for the last 15 years, and yes I know we've finally found a QB who can lead this team to a winning record, but we're going to cut him, and throw in this rookie, to see if he can also win some games."

Well, you'd better go find a new LT because JT will walk out on you (ok maybe not literally). And Haden, Mack, and the rest of the guys that have had to put up with Weeden, McCoy, Wallace, Lewis, Campbell, and the rest of the dregs of the NFL's QBs since joining this team.

This jackass is truly one for the books. He "loves" a team that is 5-3 and looks for every negative to bash the real fans with. He must think he is levatating above the rest of us. A win against Cinncy wont even shut him up.

And the whole "U cant wrap your head around" arguement is really getting old. Find new material TROLL.

This is the same tool if JF started the year and was 1-7 would be blaimming Mack, running game, wrs, coaches, media, fans, his dog, Hoyer on the bench, and himself for not getting enough people to share a blowjob sandwhich with him. Telling us we just need to be patient JF just wins when that is all that Hoyer is doing.

You sir I hope you quietly and descretly hit a tree in some abandoned farm field. I dont want you to Die. I want you to suffer withour food and water for days untill someone finds you and lets hope its not Brian Hoyer.

Well "has a lame avatar" could be just about anyone on here, but not liked by almost every other member and likes "Coral"? I bet thats me you're talking about.

Now your turn, who is dead last in the NFL in 3rd down passing?

Is it the same guy that is now 8-3 as a starting QB for the Cleveland Browns? Which would be just about best in the history of the franchise behind Otto Graham?

Get it in now folks.

I understand you're on cloud 9 right now, and you need to get it all out ASAP. If I'm Brian Hoyer I am working my fingers to the bone dialing numbers to the Browns FO trying to work out a contract before Thursday, because the skies are going to get gray fast.

I'd love to respond to each one of you one by one but theres just too many, so you can all come here to get your answers.

Brian Hoyer has been playing sub par football the last 4 games. Sub Par. If he plays the same on Thursday, no chance Browns win. None.

He's barely been good enough to keep his job to this point, let alone convince anyone hes a Franchise QB

"BUT STOCKTON THE RUN GAME!" I know I know and as I've been telling you since Jacksonville its less about Mack being out and more about teams are LOADING up to stop the run because they have ZERO faith in Brian Hoyer. ZERO. We played the 3 worst teams in the league, they all used this strategy and we almost lost to all 3. What do you think will happen against good teams? The book is out.

Brian Hoyer is the reason the run game is awful now. He's the reason. Not Mack. Centers get hurt all the time, is it great? Nope. Would it be better if he was in there? Yep. But even with Mack teams would be loading up to stop the run just the same. Thats why this offense looks awful now, thats why we can't run, because of Brian Hoyer. He's not good enough to scare teams into playing balanced.

And I have no doubt none of you understand that, because you're small time people, I've explained this before. You won't understand what I'm saying, and thats fine, but it is what it is.

The run game sucks because Brian Hoyer is the least feared QB in the league. Now to his credit he's done barely enough to win against Oakland and the Bucs, thank god they were terrible, but the terrible teams are over now.

It will get ugly. Starting Thursday. Everything I have said over and over about the Browns wasting their time will become evident very quickly.

Brian Hoyer is a Miller Light in a Champaign League and every team knows it and are only defending the run because of it. We got away with it against two of the worst pass Ds in the league BARELY....shit is about to change fast.

Like I said, you can't see the big picture. You're too small time for it. "Oh why is the run game bad?" Because of Hoyer "NU UH YOU IDIOT" Yes. I know you don't get it, but theres a lot of things that are true that you don't get.

Scan across national media today. Browns are 5-3 today and are they plastered over SI.com? ESPN.com? CBSports? Anybody even paying attention? Seems like it'd be a great story right? Nope, nobody is even talking about the Browns. Nobody believes this is anything but smoke and mirrors and nobody cares because its all phony and they know it.

Read the MMQB by Peter King today. Fucking Novel he writes every week on the previous week, the only time he mentions the Browns is to mention McCoy blowing up McDonald. Thats it.

Thats what Brian Hoyer is. Invisible and a Nobody. Thats what you all have been grinning ear to ear about. Thats what all of you want more of. Nothingness.

You're happy to be mediocre. Well you've reached the apex of just that. Live it up.

Get it in now fellas. You got three more days of this fantasy.

He is so starved for attention he's back to posting the same exact thing in multiple threads. Must suck to be the only one who is unhappy that the Browns are winning games.

It sucks to be smart enough to realize how hollow it is and how its going nowhere.

Yes it does.

It must be amazing to be dumb. I mean it. It must be amazing to be stupid. Has to be wonderful to be oblivious to everything.

For us smart people, it is a burden to have to deal with reality.

First, love the new thread title. Kudos to the Mod...

Second, I read as far as Stockboy's "analysis" of our run woes. Loading the box... so funny... so detached from reality.

Stockboy, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts...

First, love the new thread title. Kudos to the Mod...

Second, I read as far as Stockboy's "analysis" of our run woes. Loading the box... so funny... so detached from reality.

I've been telling you since Jacksonville that the reason why we can't run the ball is because teams are loading the box, playing 1 on 1 on the wideouts. Zero fear of Brian Hoyer. Zero.

You do that against a Top 10 QB and they throw for 450 Yards and 4 TDs, they would torch you, Hoyer struggles to score against the worst Pass Defenses in the league playing 1 on 1 on his receivers.

The reason we can't run is because of Hoyer. Teams are only playing against the run. Dedicating their entire defense to the run, I've been telling you this for three weeks its time you pay attention.

Oh no....Thank fucking god he's here to give us his opinion because he's smarter than all of us. He's apparently also smarter than Steve Young about playing QB in the NFL but what would that stiff know about playing QB anyways.

I'm just so so thankful each day to read the incredible wisdom of Stockboy shits that I can't wait to get here to see what new brilliance he has to offer.

Sadly it's just the same drivel over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"<a href="https://twitter.com/zimbardi10">@zimbardi10</a> i feel everyone yells about the run game. But i think its just teams loading the box to make hoyer beat them.// Bada bing-o.</p>— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) <a href="https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/529370881517027328">November 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Loss of Mack is huge, teams are now selling out to stop run, see if Browns can beat them with pass. Hoyer better then getting credit so far</p>— Joe Banner (@JoeBanner13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/529375582942162945">November 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=391958

I've been saying it for 3 weeks.

PS- Jesus Christ this outdated message board can't support twitter embeds? Fine I'll copy and paste like the cavemen did.

Loss of Mack is huge, teams are now selling out to stop run, see if Browns can beat them with pass. Hoyer better then getting credit so far

"@zimbardi10 i feel everyone yells about the run game. But i think its just teams loading the box to make hoyer beat them.// Bada bing-o.

Brian Hoyer is the reason the run game is awful now. He's the reason. Not Mack. Centers get hurt all the time, is it great? Nope. Would it be better if he was in there? Yep. But even with Mack teams would be loading up to stop the run just the same. Thats why this offense looks awful now, thats why we can't run, because of Brian Hoyer. He's not good enough to scare teams into playing balanced.

(Many other self-serving words of little or no import...)

Read the MMQB by Peter King today. Fucking Novel he writes every week on the previous week, the only time he mentions the Browns is to mention McCoy blowing up McDonald. Thats it.

I love when posts are long enough that they contradict themselves before they conclude. But this one was not so long that an average brain pan, let alone a superior one, should have been able to keep track.

Thats what Brian Hoyer is. Invisible and a Nobody.

Then how is Hoyer not your hero?

I've been telling you since Jacksonville that the reason why we can't run the ball is because teams are loading the box, playing 1 on 1 on the wideouts. Zero fear of Brian Hoyer. Zero.

... and I have been posting "Box Counts" for two-weeks running showing that you are full of shit...

So there's that...

SHMx1oKr.jpeg

"Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB. The Browns will win less games against a tougher schedule.

These observations make me smarter than everyone else. Browns fans are all dumb. I will repeat this 57 more times in this thread, I will just word it differently each time. Because I'm smarter than you."

Archived