THE BROWNS BOARD

Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks?

plumcrazy73

so NOW your sayin Greene , Greenwood , Holmes , and White were on Roids ...???

No ... it's perfectly normal to punch to punch a player in the gut and then kick him while he's down (Greene) ... have an emotional breakdown while driving on the Ohio Turnpike and firing shots at a police helicopter that is pursuing you (Holmes) ... dying from a heat attack when you are 49( Furness) ... and dying from a blod clot in your lung at age 58 (White) ... noooo those guys weren't on anything.

Zombo

--3 out of 5 dead before 60 ... perfectly normal

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't begin to imagine what that locker room must have been like.

I picture a combination of The Wire (with needles and syringes lying everywhere) and Halloween (with oral Dbol, Anavar and Winny) in baskets all over the place.

"Like Steelers in a steroid store."

No ... it's perfectly normal to punch to punch a player in the gut and then kick him while he's down (Greene) ... have an emotional breakdown while driving on the Ohio Turnpike and firing shots at a police helicopter that is pursuing you (Holmes) ... dying form a heat attack when you are 49( Furness) ... and dying from a blod clot in your lung at age 58 (White) ... noooo those guys weren't on anything.

Zombo

Thats Insane dude. Furness YES... Holmes ..hmmm. White Many die young form these things. And Joe Greene BS !!! He was just a Mean Competitor. Give it up. Sour Grapes.

I can't begin to imagine what that locker room must have been like.

I picture a combination of The Wire (with needles and syringes lying everywhere) and Halloween (with oral Dbol, Anavar and Winny) in baskets all over the place.

"Like Steelers in a steroid store."

Come on....You guys have Nice "Imaginations" and that`s about what most of your Anti~Steeler Posts are here "Imagination"...

Thats Insane dude. Furness YES... Holmes ..hmmm. White Many die young form these things. And Joe Greene BS !!! He was just a Mean Competitor. Give it up. Sour Grapes.

So ... two for sure ... the third was a coincidence(?) ... but never, ever "Mr. Competitor" (Bonds and Clemens weren't competitors?)

They are all in the same locker room ... playing on the same defensive line ... and two of them were obviously using ... yet you're not buying the whole smoke/fire thing?

Why, cause you shed a tear when Mean Joe threw the kid the jersey? Give me a break ... they were all tainted.

Zombo

So ... two for sure ... the third was a coincidence(?) ... but never, ever "Mr. Competitor" (Bonds and Clemens weren't competitors?)

They are all in the same locker room ... playing on the same defensive line ... and two of them were obviously using ... yet you're not buying the whole smoke/fire thing?

Why, cause you shed a tear when Mean Joe threw the kid the jersey? Give me a break ... they were all tainted.

Zombo

Sour Grapes Dude.... And as I said , even if we had say 5 or 6 they were FAR from ALONE on a League Level !!! SOUR GRAPES !

Add to this You guys are the Only ones beating this Dead horse. Newspaper in Orland Printed this.:

> > The Steel City is toast of the sports world

> > Mike Bianchi

> > SPORTS COMMENTARY

> > February 2, 2009

> > TAMPA

> > One of the heroes of the game nearly became a bus driver.

> >

> > The owner of the team walks to work every day. The fans of the team drink Iron City beer, wave dish towels and ignored the slumping economy to make their pigskin pilgrimage and turn this Super Bowl into a Sunshine State version of the Steel City .

> >

> > This is why America should celebrate now that Pittsburgh is the home of more Super Bowl championships than any franchise in the history of pro football: Because the players are hungry, the owner is humble and the fans are loyal.

> >

> > What more could you want out of the NFL's champion of champions? And what more could you want from a Super Bowl?

> > From Jennifer Hudson's rema rkable rendition of the national anthem Sunday to the Boss bringing down the house at halftime to Santonio Holmes making one of the greatest catches in NFL history, the Steelers' 27-23 victory will go down as a Super Bowl for the ages.

> > The Steelers, by virtue of their unbelievable, inconceivable defeat of the Arizona Cardinals, have now won a record sixth Super Bowl.

> >

> > They are a small-market team that doesn't pay big-time salaries and yet they somehow continue to win year after year.

> > In these trying economic times, how can you not feel good that it's the Steelers who have become the model franchise in all of professional sports?

> > Some other of the NFL's other dynastic franchises have come and gone, but the Steelers just keep coming.

> > The Dallas Cowboys? They make headlines because their quarterback dates Jessica Simpson, but they haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years.

> >

> >

> > In contrast, Pittsburgh's quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is the youngest quarterback (26) to win two Super Bowls.

> >

> > The Steelers are the New York Yankees of the NFL — without the arrogance and the payroll. George Steinbrenner buys championships; the Rooney family builds them.

> >

> > Every one of Pittsburgh's star players — Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, Willie Parker, Hines War d and James Harrison — were either drafted by the team or discovered off the street.

> > Harrison , with his spectacular 100-yard interception return at the end of the first half, made one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history Sunday. He was undrafted out of college, signed as a rookie free agent by the Steelers in 2002 and nearly quit football during his struggling early years to become a Greyhound bus driver.

> >

> > This is why the Steelers should be celebrated. They win without the knuckleheads that dot so many professional rosters.

> >

> > As great a story as it was for the New York Giants to upset the undefeated Patriots in last year's Super Bowl, the star of the Giants team was knucklehead wide receiver Plaxico Burress. Yes, the same Burress who couldn't cut it in Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh doesn't tolerate knuckleheads. When Burress left town, the Steelers drafted Holmes, plugged him into Burress' spot and were rewarded big-time Sunday.

> >

> > With 35 seconds left, Roethlisberger drilled the ball into triple coverage in the corner of the end zone. Somehow, Holmes was able to come down with the ball and barely get both of his tippy-toes in bounds for the touchdown.

> >

> > "I threw the ball and thought it was going to be picked," Roethlisberger acknowledged. Instead, Raymond James Stadium, filled with battalions of Terrible Towel-waving Steelers fans, erupted in a cacophony of black-and-gold bliss.

> >

> > How can you not love a franchise built on the passion, pride, patienc e and principal Pittsburgh exudes?

> >

> > Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin is a perfect example. At 36, he became the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl.

> > But how did he become a head coach at such a young age? Because team owner Dan Rooney was willing to take a chance on him. Rooney is the creator of the NFL's so-called Rooney Rule — the mandate that requires NFL clubs to interview minority candidates before hiring a head coach. "I'm just grateful for this chance," Tomlin said afterward. "He [Rooney] took some criticism for hiring a young coach with not much experience."

> >

> > It should also be noted that Tomlin is only the third coach the Rooneys have hired in 40 seasons. Remember when the Orlando Magic once had three coaches in the same calendar year?

> >

> > Is it any wonder President Barack Obama made the unusual political move of actually endorsing Rooney's team this week?

> >

> > Proof positive that if you can't appreciate the Pittsburgh Steelers, then you're simply being un-American.

> >

> > Mike Bianchi's Open Mike blog can be read at OrlandoSentinel.com/openmike, and he can be reached at mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com.

> > Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

No ... it's perfectly normal to punch to punch a player in the gut and then kick him while he's down (Greene) ... have an emotional breakdown while driving on the Ohio Turnpike and firing shots at a police helicopter that is pursuing you (Holmes) ... dying from a heat attack when you are 49( Furness) ... and dying from a blod clot in your lung at age 58 (White) ... noooo those guys weren't on anything.

Zombo

White had health problems from the word go.

That's one theory. The other theory is he had health problems from the needle and syringes.

Steve Courson knew more about this than any fan.

I'll tell you the juicers on both lines:

Larry Brown, Jon Kolb, Mike Webster, Steve Courson. Double check my math - is that 80% of 5 starting offensive linemen?

Dwight White, Joe Green and Ernie Holmes (w/ the following juicers rotating in: Banasac and Furness = .5) - double check my math is 3.5 of the starting 4 on Defense about 80%?

I think I did pretty good with that estimate. I'd say 80% is alot more concentrated than other teams had. Then again, so did Courson, who was actually a member of that team sharing needles and syringes with other cheaters. False Glory was written about cheating and being piss poor role models. It was more about shame and burying teammates prematurely than celebrating counterfeit jewelry.

Steeler fans are in denial. Let's face it SMART cities, states and countries don't throw parades for Ben Johnson types. Seriously, nobody celebrated Ben Johnson and nobody cares about Barry Bonds home run record. When people think of the 70s they sight the Steelers and call that the steroids era like it or not. Where there's smoke - there's usually fire. And trust me, someone gave a box of matches to a pyromaniac with that one.

- Tom F. (When you have a bunch of guys willing to experiment with drugs to the level of Jerry Garcia - you have what we commonly refer to as "The Grateful Dead")

You know I used to rag the Squeeler fans about Roids just to piss them off, BUT there is a landslide of evidence that it really was the case. These reports aren't just coming from one or two directions. The Orlando Sentinel's puff piece isn't going to change ANY of that.

As for bad officiating. Watch the replays of the last 6 or 7 Super Bowls on NFLN...I have. Take a count of the "iffy" officiating calls in those games compared to those in the two Squeeler "victorys." If you aren't blind, you'll notice that the two Taintsburgh games were BY FAR over-officiated and that the calls that mattered most seemed to go to the Cheaters.

Someday, in the future, someone is going to write an unflattering book about the 00's Taintsburgh organization, which ironically is the same as the 70's Taintsburgh organization.

* 6-1 *

Doug

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/average-li...tball-player-52

Studies in the United States show that men who play five or more years in the NFL have a life expectancy of 55, 20 years less than the average in the general public. For linemen, perhaps due to their size, the life expectancy is 52

Leave it up to a Steelers fan to educate the Brown masses or the shit heads is more like it.

Head injuries, and weight problems are the reason football players die young - not steroids. The Steelers of the 70's are widely considered by experts (far from the likes who run this site) as the greatest team of all time - 23 Steelers won 4 SB's in 6 years - end of discussion. Now we have 6 rings and are considered the greatest organization in the NFL.

What can Brown do for you? Nuttin Honey.

You know I used to rag the Squeeler fans about Roids just to piss them off, BUT there is a landslide of evidence that it really was the case. These reports aren't just coming from one or two directions. The Orlando Sentinel's puff piece isn't going to change ANY of that.

As for bad officiating. Watch the replays of the last 6 or 7 Super Bowls on NFLN...I have. Take a count of the "iffy" officiating calls in those games compared to those in the two Squeeler "victorys." If you aren't blind, you'll notice that the two Taintsburgh games were BY FAR over-officiated and that the calls that mattered most seemed to go to the Cheaters.

Someday, in the future, someone is going to write an unflattering book about the 00's Taintsburgh organization, which ironically is the same as the 70's Taintsburgh organization.

* 6-1 *

Doug

I'm with you Furns, I used to kind of just screw around about it, but now the evidence is overwhelming really. It's no joking matter.

It must suck for Pitt fans who are so proud of all those fraudulent championships be so let down like this.

Question is, how many more of these guys are going to drop before long?

Head injuries, and weight problems are the reason football players die young - not steroids.

The only Steelroid that died of head injuries was Courson who a had tree fall on his head.

Browns Defensive line circa 1976:

Walter Johnson: Alive & Well

Jerry Sherk: Alive & Well

Joe "Turkey Jones": Alive & Well

Mack Mitchell: Alive & Well

Earl Edwards: Alive & Well

Mike St. Clair: Alive & Well

Steelers defensive line circa 1976:

Earl "Fats" Holmes: Dead, roid-rage car wreck after sever roid-rage incidents

Joe Greene: Alive

Dwight White: Dead, blod clot in lung

LC Greenwood: Alive

Steve Furness: Confirmed steroid user, dead of heart attack at 49

Ok, let's bring this down to Sesame Street level for you:

Which one of these groups used harmful drugs, and which one didn't?

The Steelers of the 70's are widely considered by experts (far from the likes who run this site) as the greatest team of all time - 23 Steelers won 4 SB's in 6 years - end of discussion.

Hmmm ... nope, let's discuss.

What if I told you there was a team that played in the championship game 10 years in a row ... winning seven of them?

6 year run: 4 appearances, 4 rings.

10 year run: 10 appearances, 7 rings

Ok ... Sesame Street time again:

Which set is more impressive?

The only Steelroid that died of head injuries was Courson who a had tree fall on his head.

Browns Defensive line circa 1976:

Walter Johnson: Alive & Well

Jerry Sherk: Alive & Well

Joe "Turkey Jones": Alive & Well

Mack Mitchell: Alive & Well

Earl Edwards: Alive & Well

Mike St. Clair: Alive & Well

Steelers defensive line circa 1976:

Earl "Fats" Holmes: Dead, roid-rage car wreck after sever roid-rage incidents

Joe Greene: Alive

Dwight White: Dead, blod clot in lung

LC Greenwood: Alive

Steve Furness: Confirmed steroid user, dead of heart attack at 49

Ok, let's bring this down to Sesame Street level for you:

Which one of these groups used harmful drugs, and which one didn't?

Hmmm ... nope, let's discuss.

What if I told you there was a team that played in the championship game 10 years in a row ... winning seven of them?

6 year run: 4 appearances, 4 rings.

10 year run: 10 appearances, 7 rings

Ok ... Sesame Street time again:

Which set is more impressive?

Why is this thread still plugging along? White had health problems from the word go. I already mentioned this and I can dig up information proving it. You then have one individual saying the Steelers used Steroids, so now the entire team must have used Steroids. Why is this not discussed daily by the national news media if it's such a big deal? I'll be honest I didn't even know who Steve Furness was until this thread. In the end does this sort of thing make the Cleveland fan base feel better? Let's not act like the Steelers won those 4 championships in the 70's because of Steroids. The best defense, a top quarterback, elite WR's, good coaching and great ownership didn't have anything to do with it?

Today:

1. Great Defense: Hell the best defense, maybe the best ever.

2. Great Quarterback

3. Very good WR's and a top tier TE

4. Great Coaching

5. Great owners

The Steelers build through the draft, don't overpay their own and typically retain the players worth retaining. They are the model franchise of the NFL, period. All of this is amusing and honestly a little pathetic. A former now deceased steeler mentions the use of steroids just like the CIA told Bush there were WMD's in Iraq. How did all of that work out?

Leave it up to a Steelers fan to educate the Brown masses or the shit heads is more like it.

Head injuries, and weight problems are the reason football players die young - not steroids. The Steelers of the 70's are widely considered by experts (far from the likes who run this site) as the greatest team of all time - 23 Steelers won 4 SB's in 6 years - end of discussion. Now we have 6 rings and are considered the greatest organization in the NFL.

What can Brown do for you? Nuttin Honey.

Unfortunately EVERY Rocky story that promised miracles and comebacks relied on steroids. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. The Rocky in Philly was just a phoney as the Rocky in Pittsburgh was. I got an idea - throw them both a parade.

- Tom F.

Steeler fans are still trying to deny Steroid use? I thought the evidence was mounting at such an alarming rate that even Steeler fans weren't denying it anymore, rather going with the "so what, everyone else did it too" argument (which is also wrong.)

How many more dead players under the age of 50 than any other organization?

How many doctors need to be caught with loads of steroids bought on his personal credit card?

How many former Steelers wrote books about "False Glory?"

Of course the media doesn't care -- it's deep in the past. But Browns fans care, because they have to deal with frontrunners bragging about their six rings -- so we have to shut their mouth and bring justice by reminding everyone that most, if not all, of those rings are not legit.

Just like the half assed, bangwagon, joke of a fan base known as Steeler nation.

It's a shame, Snatch. For every one legit fan like you, I encounter about 10 fake ass frontrunner Steeler fans here in Ohio. They usually have on a Yankee hat and a Celtics Jersy under their Steeler coat. Usually people who are video game geeks, nerds, females, grease monkeys, or any other type of person who is not naturally and genuinely a sports fan.

Why is this thread still plugging along?

Steelers fans in denial keep it alive ... like you.

What does that mean? He was a sickly baby? I'm sure steroids didn't help.

I'll be honest I didn't even know who Steve Furness was until this thread.

How do you know Dwight White's complete health history dating to his childhood, yet never heard of Steve Furness? They played on the same line. Furness started Super Bowls ... he took over when the roids drove Holmes crazy.

Roger Clemens was a great pitcher, Ben Johnson was a fast runner, the Steelers had some talented teams ... but they all cheated to get over the top .. and that's where they lose respect.

This steroid thing is going to turn its ugly head toward the NFL and the Steelers will be the poster children of cheating ... it's coming, buckle down.

Zombo

* 6-1 *

Doug

LOL !!! Dumbasses...

Steeler fans are still trying to deny Steroid use? I thought the evidence was mounting at such an alarming rate that even Steeler fans weren't denying it anymore, rather going with the "so what, everyone else did it too" argument (which is also wrong.)

How many more dead players under the age of 50 than any other organization?

How many doctors need to be caught with loads of steroids bought on his personal credit card?

How many former Steelers wrote books about "False Glory?"

Of course the media doesn't care -- it's deep in the past. But Browns fans care, because they have to deal with frontrunners bragging about their six rings -- so we have to shut their mouth and bring justice by reminding everyone that most, if not all, of those rings are not legit.

Just like the half assed, bangwagon, joke of a fan base known as Steeler nation.

It's a shame, Snatch. For every one legit fan like you, I encounter about 10 fake ass frontrunner Steeler fans here in Ohio. They usually have on a Yankee hat and a Celtics Jersy under their Steeler coat. Usually people who are video game geeks, nerds, females, grease monkeys, or any other type of person who is not naturally and genuinely a sports fan.

Roids dont Make throws , Catches and Cuts for you...they don't allow your Brain to operate at some Insanely high Level , theu dont make reads and call plays. SOUR GRAPE APE (Cleveland Ohio) Also , The Steelers of the Day were Just like everyone else. Had a hand full of Guys Looking for an edge on Sundays ..... Go ahead and think that Only Pittsburgh had this inside track to Steroids.. I am pretty sure Roids Dealers are Equal Opportunity Sellers , just like any other Drug Dealer. Not Alone...Just BETTER... lol.... You dumbazzzzzes....

They make you bigger, faster, stronger, and more intense than your opponent. It's a CHEAP UNETHICAL way to gain DRIVE and MOTIVATION. If you have a defense all hopped on on steroids and ready to rape the opponent's daughters, you're almost guarenteed to win. If you know ANYTHING about football, you know it's won in the trenches. That's where the Steelers did, do, and always will use Steroids to their advantage.

Nobody thinks only the Steelers have 'inside track to steroids' ... we're just privvy to the fact that only the Steelers organization is unethical and un-health-conscience enough to use them so wildly.

Roids dont Make throws , Catches and Cuts for you...they don't allow your Brain to operate at some Insanely high Level , theu dont make reads and call plays. SOUR GRAPE APE (Cleveland Ohio) Also , The Steelers of the Day were Just like everyone else. Had a hand full of Guys Looking for an edge on Sundays ..... Go ahead and think that Only Pittsburgh had this inside track to Steroids.. I am pretty sure Roids Dealers are Equal Opportunity Sellers , just like any other Drug Dealer. Not Alone...Just BETTER... lol.... You dumbazzzzzes....

We interrupt this Walt Disney vacation dream with the reality that your steroids in Pittsburgh weren't worth all the early funerals. Do you think for 1 second Mike Webster's family wouldn't trade in the jewelry if they could erase the massive coronary at age 50? He played at 218 pounds in college and lost body fat going to 260 in the pros. Why did the weight training ONLY work in Pittsburgh? Here's a guy that couldn't change his metabolism through hard work alone. Today, I feel worse for the guy and his family than the alleged Steeler faithful. He needed BETTER leadership and guidance than he got in Pittsburgh. The top of that organization ALLOWED a bunch of guys to go Jerry Garcia on something that would increae overall profit margins so they looked the other way instead of doign the RIGHT thing.

I was SUCH a big fan of the Superheroes growing up that if I saw Superman and Batman bent over with their pants down selling out to unethical needles - my heart would have broken learning they were phoneys. That's where the Steeler fans are because before the Rooneys sold their souls for the truth serum, they were 40 consecutive years of football follies while the Cleveland Browns were in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championships with 8 Titles to their name. Browns' fans don't want to throw a parade for a counterfeit Champion. They'll boo the Lyle Alzados and Russ Verbas out of town as you've seen.

If cheaters could stop lying I wouldn't have to hear an official from the Dominican Republic saying "you cannot not purchase Primo over the counter in the DR" right? Roger Clemons sent his own wife to his goto drug dealer to size up for her swim suit photos; before lying in front of Congress he never knew anything about that. Really Roger? How was she so educated about WHOM to seek out for shortcuts? I've always wondered why Roger would hand pick the Personal Trainer (PT) he did when he could have ANY PT he wants. Smoke and fire go together in this hire. IMO, credibility becomes shotso the second one sells his/her soul. Why do the minorites get hammered with punishment and shame while Roger Clemons signs autographs for HALF the Congress he went on trial with? Selective villains among the cheaters. That's what irks me most about all the steroid stuff is that we're asked to celebrate Pitt's 6 Trophies because EVERYONE just loves the Rooneys. The Team (HGH) Doctor investigation that never exceeded once upon a time wreaks of Rooney pay-off. Tell me how wonderful they are the next time you see an outside the lines story about some kid that wants to be the next Greg Loyd and dies because he went down the wrong path. And HOW helpful were they to Mike Webster when he was living in the slums and competing with rats and racoons for food out of garbage cans? Notice how QUIET those Loyd, Courson and Webster tragedies got kept in Pittsburgh.

Now that the media FINALLY caught up with reality - we're asked to be selective in ONLY handing our scarlet letters of shame to their hand-selected cheaters worthy of punishment. All of a sudden, it's the ONLY thing in sports they want to talk about is "A-rod cheated." Gee, why was this possible? There's always going to be people that PUSH the edge and boundaries of right and wrong. However, that's NOT a good enough excuse to surrender against modernizing testing today to the level the Olympics have done so. The NFL has the cake if they're sending millionaires to all expenses paid vacations to Hawaii every February. TRUST me!

- Tom F. (Fans didn't write False Glory - it came from a Pittsburgh Steeler. Next Generation junkies named Romanowski and Haslett said that steroids put the Steelers on the NFL map and they wanted to be on the SAME map inclusive of fame and fortune. Mission accomplished!)

This is precious. I see our resident Steeler brethren are not doing anything to dispel the "dumb hillbilly" stereotype. For one thing, read up on steroids a little bit and learn a little something about them since your teams went from 40 years of godawful putridity to champs at the stick of a needle and chewing of orals like candy. Steroids do a helluva lot more than just make you big. They make you faster, stronger, more coordinated, more acute, have more stamina, recover from injuries faster, have better vision and a feeling of invincibility needed for a sport like football.

There are more and more people coming around to the fact that juice can be taken safely if done on an educated basis with proper doctor supervision, diet and nutrition. However, what the Rooney Robots were doing was nothing short of mass suicide, only reason it wasn't is because the players were too stupid to even know they were committing suicide. Back then teams were much more introverted and FA and player movement was not near as common as now. Lots of secrets stayed in locker rooms whereas now guys have buddies all over the league in each sport that they care about more than their own teammates.

Let's see, all the aforementioned guys who were guilty and that's all that were possibly doing it on that team? Okay, let me go sniff some glue so I can sober up from that fantasy. BTW, Alzado was a recluse who only played for the Browns for a few years and not all that well I may add. He also died from brain cancer.

And Snapper, how you gonna come in here talking shit if you don't even know who Steve Furness is? Like Zombo said, if you know Dwight White, you should certainly know Furness. I know you're a young one but c'mon man, read up a little before claiming those juiced up titles as yours.

I do think that Swann may not have been guilty of juicing. For some reason, I just can't picture a juicer getting all faggy into ballet. (Oh that's right, he was just doing it to help his game out...........uh, okey dokey then.) Seriously, there were like two likable guys on those teams: Stallworth and Bleier, and the only reason I say Rocky is because he fought in Nam. The rest were scumbags and dregs of society. It's like the Cavs winning a championship with Shaq if they would have pulled the trigger. Who the hell wants to win a championship that way with some guy I don't even like? I couldn't even appreciate the title like I will when they win it legit this year. That must be what Pitt fans older than Snapper think and it must suck. Yeah, you guys can run around with chubs talking about 4 rings in the 70's but deep down those of you who have a rats ass clue know how those titles were attained.

When the Browns were owning the AAFC (only other undefeated season) and then came in and ass raped the NFL, the Pitt clan was wondering what it must feel like to ever have a winning season let alone be decent. Pitt sucked ass for so long Donald Sterling of the Clippers had an ownership conference with the Rooneys on how to cope with sucking for so long. The Rooney's are experts on three topics; 1) Long ass suckage 2) Getting out of years of long ass suckage by having Robots abuse steroids and 3) A very close and cozy relationship with Zebras, and I'm not talking about the cute kind lions like to eat.........oh, and let's add a forth.....how could I leave out those gambling ties? Hmm, gambling, terribly reffed Super Bowls, the luck of the Irish for years even though it's Pittshole and not Notre Dame? I don't know, seems when the rest of the league caught up with the "We love our Juice" campaign (and I'm not talking about Orenthal James) the only way to gain an advantage was to continue to somehow keep getting every call. My favorite to this day was when Hasselback got a fifteen yarder because he tackled the guy with the ball too hard . How about Holmes just now getting fined for the celebration? Gee, those fifteen yards probably wouldn't have been very handy on the ensuing kickoff. These things are really not a big deal as most Pitt fans will tell you. Hell, they are so used to getting these calls now that it seems like commonplace to them. They about shit when something goes against them every now and then. I do have to give the Rooney's serious credit on one thing, and that is how they get their coaching staffs to teach holding at an All Pro level on every play without getting caught. Seriously, there are ultimate fighters conferring with Pitt on the best holds to implement into their arsenal. Of course, there's got to be some money switching hands there too, nothing comes free to the Rooney's.

I'll tell you another thing that must really suck for Pitt fans trying to live with themselves and act like these titles are "legit", how about the fact that they may have the singlehandedly gayest bandwagon base in the history of sports. Here I am bagging on Snapper for not knowing who Furness is, hell, most of their "fans" don't even remember the great Mark Malone or Bubby Brister. Aw hell, let's throw O'Donnell, Stoudt, Woodley and Maddox in there, too. They think Louis Lipps was some boxer from Kentucky and Kevin Greene was a great wrestler.

Riffer X --- "Somehow Jerry Sherk is alive, well, and in great shape. Isn't this the same guy who almost died from a staph infection? Funny, he didn't stick a gun down his kid's throat, either."

This is precious. I see our resident Steeler brethren are not doing anything to dispel the "dumb hillbilly" stereotype. For one thing, read up on steroids a little bit and learn a little something about them since your teams went from 40 years of godawful putridity to champs at the stick of a needle and chewing of orals like candy. Steroids do a helluva lot more than just make you big. They make you faster, stronger, more coordinated, more acute, have more stamina, recover from injuries faster, have better vision and a feeling of invincibility needed for a sport like football.

Riffer X --- "Somehow Jerry Sherk is alive, well, and in great shape. Isn't this the same guy who almost died from a staph infection? Funny, he didn't stick a gun down his kid's throat, either."

Great stuff!

Didn't you hear? In Pittsburgh you can walk into any drug store and purchase a pez dispenser shaped like a Lombardi Trophy. And all you gotta do is take it to their Domincan Republic Department and ask them to fill the dispensor with tangy HGH tablets. Just inform the pharmacist your doctor wants you to be a better football player and it's hassel-free. According to Pittsburgh fans, if they don't test for it - you're innocent. Winning at all costs supercedes ethics and integrity. No cop - no stop!

That Greg Lloyd weighed 165 pounds in college. After he became a real man, his wife and son looked like they enjoyed the Rooney way. Doesn't every proud wife want to sit side by side with her son all tied up to a chair after her REAL man power crammed a pistol shaft through her teeth? That's the way to do it Greg! Remember when Kevin Mack freight trained his ass to lights out, smelling salts and a wobbly staff escort to the sidelines?

- Tom F. (The last time I heard something was okay because everyone else was doing it I was watching one of the dirtbags in the movie "The Accused" justifying despicable behavior. No cop - no stop right?)

They make you bigger, faster, stronger, and more intense than your opponent. It's a CHEAP UNETHICAL way to gain DRIVE and MOTIVATION. If you have a defense all hopped on on steroids and ready to rape the opponent's daughters, you're almost guarenteed to win. If you know ANYTHING about football, you know it's won in the trenches. That's where the Steelers did, do, and always will use Steroids to their advantage.

Nobody thinks only the Steelers have 'inside track to steroids' ... we're just privvy to the fact that only the Steelers organization is unethical and un-health-conscience enough to use them so wildly.

SOUR GRAPES...Let it go....and They are NOT ALONE !!!

Great posts by Riff and Flugs!

C'mon Geek and Snapper. Refute the stuff you read with evidence to the contrary. If the Gambling Rooney Clan is as innocent as you claim, it should be eaey for you.

Doug

Great posts by Riff and Flugs!

C'mon Geek and Snapper. Refute the stuff you read with evidence to the contrary. If the Gambling Rooney Clan is as innocent as you claim, it should be eaey for you.

Doug

Furns, unfortunately for Steeler faithful the crux of the issue is they can't refute it. Basically, they're just relegated to throwing stones at us claiming we're bitter and jealous, like we wrote the books that their own players did.

As Steeler fans, it has to be disconcerting as hell to know these titles were all bullshit, so why not just deflect onto Browns fans instead.

Notice, these guys are nowhere to be found. Funny, I thought they loved coming over here and constantly reminding us how much we suck and the Rooney's were the class of the NFL, etc.

Furns, unfortunately for Steeler faithful the crux of the issue is they can't refute it. Basically, they're just relegated to throwing stones at us claiming we're bitter and jealous, like we wrote the books that their own players did.

As Steeler fans, it has to be disconcerting as hell to know these titles were all bullshit, so why not just deflect onto Browns fans instead.

Notice, these guys are nowhere to be found. Funny, I thought they loved coming over here and constantly reminding us how much we suck and the Rooney's were the class of the NFL, etc.

I hear ya Riff. The Rooneys are now getting honored for racial diversity. That's like Joe Weider getting credit for inhaling on the eccentric muscle contractions so a weight trainer can exhale with exertion during the concentric contraction. I believe he called that the Joe Weider Oxygen Intake Principle. Gee, thanks for discovering and naming proper breathing during exercise Joe. Atheletes must have held their breath during exercise all the way until the 70s. Wanna bet this guy Rooney's next door neighbor?

I was ONCE a bodybuilding fan until I realized the biggest cheaters got the most trophies. REWARDING black market drug pushers doesn't make a sport BETTER folks. Never has. The Rooneys and Weiders would argue they have the bigger trophy cases. Then you buddy Flugel would ask why so many guys posing as Superman are dying between the ages of 30 and 50? What do you put on their tombstones - nice trophies? Not worth it! Their families got screwed while the Weiders and Rooneys got all the cake pretending there was no such thing as cheating in their franchises.

- Tom F. (A-rod doesn't need the Dominican Republic for his goodies when Pittsburgh is so much closer to NY)

I hear ya Riff. The Rooneys are now getting honored for racial diversity. That's like Joe Weider getting credit for inhaling on the eccentric muscle contractions so a weight trainer can exhale with exertion during the concentric contraction. I believe he called that the Joe Weider Oxygen Intake Principle. Gee, thanks for discovering and naming proper breathing during exercise Joe. Atheletes must have held their breath during exercise all the way until the 70s. Wanna bet this guy Rooney's next door neighbor?

I was ONCE a bodybuilding fan until I realized the biggest cheaters got the most trophies. REWARDING black market drug pushers doesn't make a sport BETTER folks. Never has. The Rooneys and Weiders would argue they have the bigger trophy cases. Then you buddy Flugel would ask why so many guys posing as Superman are dying between the ages of 30 and 50? What do you put on their tombstones - nice trophies? Not worth it! Their families got screwed while the Weiders and Rooneys got all the cake pretending there was no such thing as cheating in their franchises.

- Tom F. (A-rod doesn't need the Dominican Republic for his goodies when Pittsburgh is so much closer to NY)

Disgruntled Browns fan acts like the Steelers were they only team in the 70's to have players doing steriods..... Also pretends Rooney supports the use of roids despite not a single one of his players EVER testing positive for them..... *Disgruntled Browns fans is snapped back to reallity and finally accepts the Steeler have six Super Bowl wins while they still haven't even made it to that game*.

Its more like the worst of the Browns fans ban together accusing any Steeler they can think up of being on roids. When told the player they named has NEVER tested positive for roids they continue to say it in hopes their words turn to reallity. When that doesn't work that accuse the Rooneys of having no class and accuse Steeler fans of being redneck. They refuse to actually listen to what Steeler fans have to say and even accuse Steeler fans of being jealous of the Browns in hopes that would become a reallity.

Archived