THE BROWNS BOARD

Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks?

plumcrazy73

First we had "everybody was doing it" as justification for steroid abuse. Now we have "if it was a long time ago it didn't count." Interesting philosophy you have there.

Exactly KS. Those hillbillies never have an answer, they just keep coming back with "it was so long ago". Your exactly right, they choose to define their own history, just like Hitler did.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plum:

I only called you out since you started the thread. If that is wrong.... sorry.. I perhaps assumed you were stating the asterisk was correct. That's all. I do believe the Steelers seem to be the posterchildren for this, however are others.... Alzado (former Brown/Raider) and Matuzak that come to mind as potential steroid related deaths. Alzado believed his was and he believed Matuzaks was also

But look at the sheer numbers from the Steelers of the 70's that were linked by former players, and early deaths. That is all that I find peculiar. Yes Alzado, did do them , but I think that was before the Browns (could be wrong) but still that was one linked to roids in the 70's!

All of the '70's Squeelfag tifanny silver SB trophies are tarnishing with time. Admitted Steroid abuse and a pattern of illnesses among former Squeelfags. The superbowl tropies of the '00's will tarnish with time also, when an official writes a book about how they were either payed to favor the squeelfags or instructed to.

i contend that if every team was doing it, why is the mortality rate of the squeelers from said era more than twice any other team from same said era?

there are more players from those teams dead than alive.....the stools of the 70's have the life expectancy of a feudal age single mother with the plague.

but yeah, everyone else was doing it.

it breaks down to money....stools sell more merchandise....it would be stupid to have let the cards win.

Steroids and Losers don't make headlines, steroids and winners/recordbreakers do. The Browns were losers in the '70s, so any stories on them taking steriods just makes your "former" organization all that more pathetic. Yawn. Oh we still have six trophies and how many do you Brownies have?

If you include our AFC champion trophies (the equivalent of the ones you Brownies promote) that puts us at 13.

Browns Super Bowl appearances = 0.

Browns AFC Championship vicotries = 0.

It's impressive winning 8 trophies against what was it back then 6 teams. Can't wait to see your highlight reels...hmmm was TV even invented back then? Oh I'm so envious.

If you include our AFC champion trophies (the equivalent of the ones you Brownies promote)

It's not the equivalent. The Browns were champions, there was no one left to beat. The Steelers lost.

Where do you get 13 any way? You've been AFC champions 7 times. Are you counting losses too? Cause we can throw in championship losses too, if you want to go that route.

Hey ... here's an idea ... let's just count Champions ... last team standing. That's what greatness is all about.

Zombo

It's not the equivalent. The Browns were champions, there was no one left to beat. The Steelers lost.

Where do you get 13 any way? You've been AFC champions 7 times. Are you counting losses too? Cause we can throw in championship losses too, if you want to go that route.

Hey ... here's an idea ... let's just count Champions ... last team standing. That's what greatness is all about.

Zombo

Squeeler math. These idiots probably hand out on here all day because they can't even find the Squeelfag board.

from what i understand, most squeeler boards are not tolerant of dissenting opinions or otherwise less-than-intelligent football fans.

they ban their own for being idiots.....they are the rejects that needed a home. ironically, the only ones that'll talk to 'em are the ones the claim to hate.

Zombo Wrote:

It's not the equivalent. The Browns were champions, there was no one left to beat.

There was no one left to beat in your conference, the equivalent of an AFC Championship victory. Until the Super Bowl was established the conference champions of the NFC and AFC did not meet in a title game. Green Bay was often considered the best team of the age (better so than the Browns at the time). So you can have all your ancient history pre-dawn NFL Europe World Cup predecessor titles you want from the of the pre-Super Bowl era. Beating 6 teams for that trophy was super impressive! How many did you personally lay witness to? Yawn.

Zombo Wrote:

There was no one left to beat in your conference, the equivalent of an AFC Championship victory. Until the Super Bowl was established the conference champions of the NFC and AFC did not meet in a title game. Green Bay was often considered the best team of the age (better so than the Browns at the time). So you can have all your ancient history pre-dawn NFL Europe World Cup predecessor titles you want from the of the pre-Super Bowl era. Beating 6 teams for that trophy was super impressive! How many did you personally lay witness to? Yawn.

How many did the Steelers win? Zero.

How is your first 45 year joke of an existence any smaller than our current 20 year suck-fest?

There was no one left to beat in your conference, the equivalent of an AFC Championship victory.

A. You have won just seven conference championships ... so this argument still doesn't help you. The Steelers have been around longer, yet the Browns have won more championships.

Period.

B. There was no competing league in the the 50's, the NFL was the best of the best after the Browns merged in in 1950. And they were CLEARLY the dominant team of the decade, not the Packers.

The Brown beat the best of the best and stood as champions. They were clearly the best football team in america for all eight of those championships.

You don't know dick.

Zombo

I am going to simply say yes to the *.

I think that the press needs to start putting pressure on Sen. PA Arlen Specter about the steelers of the 70's.

Now remember he was the one doing all the finger pointing during the whole "spy gate" thing and wanted championships taken away, * put on everything. Wouldn’t it be great to see the finger get pointed back at him and his state and see him try choke and gag his way through that press conference.

Just something to think about.

A. You have won just seven conference championships ... so this argument still doesn't help you. The Steelers have been around longer, yet the Browns have won more championships.

Period.

B. There was no competing league in the the 50's, the NFL was the best of the best after the Browns merged in in 1950. And they were CLEARLY the dominant team of the decade, not the Packers.

The Brown beat the best of the best and stood as champions. They were clearly the best football team in america for all eight of those championships.

You don't know dick.

Zombo

I think there's a good chance he DOES know dick, probably intimately. As for his knowledge of football, well....he has none.

I still maintain that when there were 12 and then 14 teams competing for the ring back then, that from top to bottom those teams were FILLED with quality players. The competition is watered down in this 32 team league. The 1955 Browns would have kicked the 2008 Taintsburgh Cheaters ass 10 ways from Sunday, assuming of course that the refs weren't on the "Rooney take."

Doug

I still maintain that when there were 12 and then 14 teams competing for the ring back then, that from top to bottom those teams were FILLED with quality players. The competition is watered down in this 32 team league. The 1955 Browns would have kicked the 2008 Taintsburgh Cheaters ass 10 ways from Sunday, assuming of course that the refs weren't on the "Rooney take."

Doug n{QUOTE}

I maintain that the the vast majority of "quality Players" you talk about Couldn't even MAKE An NFL Team Today. Its Apples and Oranges , as Athletes there is no comparison. as far as all this Whining about Cheating...ha ha ha.... hilarious and just plain dumb. You cant take our success , so you try to downplay it by living in some fantasy land. funny how you only hear this BS within the Browns fan base.

What a bunch of Bitter , Miserable Jackasses you Browns fans are. Embarrassing for football fans to act like you guys , totally embarrassing . No wonder your team lacks Heart and toughness. This web-site will soon be chronicled in the Book

"The Pussification of Brownie Nation" Get your copy at Amazon.com April 1 , 2009.

I feel wholeheartedly that all of the Steelers Super Bowls should not only be asterisked, but removed entirely and given to that year's team that had it stolen from them.

The steroid teams were despicable and the last two ridiculously reffed games are a disgrace to the league. Any self respecting Puker fan should not even be proud of those and honestly be embarrassed.

They are a disgrace to the NFL and what it represents.

Just think, Otto and Jimmy Brown drank milk, while Webster and Mean Joe abused Dianabol.

I feel wholeheartedly that all of the Steelers Super Bowls should not only be asterisked, but removed entirely and given to that year's team that had it stolen from them.

The steroid teams were despicable and the last two ridiculously reffed games are a disgrace to the league. Any self respecting Puker fan should not even be proud of those and honestly be embarrassed.

Just think, Otto and Jimmy Brown drank milk, while Webster and Mean Joe abused Dianabol.

:rolleyes:

This is exactly what the national media has been saying since the Super Bowl - every day, I turn on ESPN, everybody is saying that the Steelers are the disgrace of the NFL.

You people live in a f.ucking bubble and it must stink like hell in there.

This is exactly what the national media has been saying since the Super Bowl - every day, I turn on ESPN, everybody is saying that the Steelers are the disgrace of the NFL.

You people live in a f.ucking bubble and it must stink like hell in there.

Hey, were you the last guy to get a piece of the Rock?

Truth hurst don't it sunshine?

Hey, were you the last guy to get a piece of the Rock?

Truth hurst don't it sunshine?

Nope - I just remember Rocky Bleier - 5 foot nothing, slow as hell, with a foot blown to s.hit, ripping off a 60+ yard run with nobody in site behind him........what team did he burn again? Man - its easy kicking a.ss over here.

If you include our AFC champion trophies (the equivalent of the ones you Brownies promote) that puts us at 13.

Browns Super Bowl appearances = 0.

Browns AFC Championship vicotries = 0.

It's impressive winning 8 trophies against what was it back then 6 teams. Can't wait to see your highlight reels...hmmm was TV even invented back then? Oh I'm so envious.

You know everyone throws in the amount of teams like that is a strike against the Browns cause there was only 6 Pro Teams, that would make it harder, why cause with less teams, less chance of a water downed team making it. IE like the 8-8 teams making it to the playoffs of today.

and the AFC championship does not equate to the NFL championships.

Plumcrazy: What. Do you think the teams the Steelers played against were not using too? I have some swamp land in Florida I want to sell you. I'm not saying it's not cheating.. It is. But it's not just isolated to Pissburgh.

It's pretty widely known that the Steelers had 80% of their offensive and defensive lines bench pressing between 500 and 625 pounds in the 70s which far exceeded how widespread other teams were using roids.

To answer your question though Sez, YES, other teams had a few guys tops using at that point in time.

In 1 breath the media wants to tell me we shouldn't count McGuire, Bonds and A-rod in the record books and in the next breath the SAME people are telling me I need to appreciate 4 Superbowls in the 70s. Ready for this? The Cleveland Browns were in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championship Title Games from 1946 through 1955 and won more than half of those BEFORE we even knew the Russians were using steroids.

Like I said, if they're gonna call people out - don't be SELECTIVE. The NFL only tests 2% of it's players today for drugs that were used in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Today's drug of choice is HGH which is one the NFL cannot detect with its outdated tests. The Steelers had a team doctor being investigated for excessive HGH volumes purchased for his clinical practice on the Rooney homefront. How else do you turn around 5-7 with an 8-0 finish? HGH allows guys to play through pain and heal up quicker. Guess how many Steelers were on IR in 2008?

Read False Glory or archive the SI stories - it's all there and it's much more than a coincidence.

- Tom F.

It's pretty widely known that the Steelers had 80% of their offensive and defensive lines bench pressing between 500 and 625 pounds in the 70s which far exceeded how widespread other teams were using roids.

To answer your question though Sez, YES, other teams had a few guys tops using at that point in time.

In 1 breath the media wants to tell me we shouldn't count McGuire, Bonds and A-rod in the record books and in the next breath the SAME people are telling me I need to appreciate 4 Superbowls in the 70s. Ready for this? The Cleveland Browns were in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championship Title Games from 1946 through 1955 and won more than half of those BEFORE we even knew the Russians were using steroids.

Like I said, if they're gonna call people out - don't be SELECTIVE. The NFL only tests 2% of it's players today for drugs that were used in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Today's drug of choice is HGH which is one the NFL cannot detect with its outdated tests. The Steelers had a team doctor being investigated for excessive HGH volumes purchased for his clinical practice on the Rooney homefront. How else do you turn around 5-7 with an 8-0 finish? HGH allows guys to play through pain and heal up quicker. Guess how many Steelers were on IR in 2008?

Read False Glory or archive the SI stories - it's all there and it's much more than a coincidence.

- Tom F.

so NOW your sayin Greene , Greenwood , Holmes , and White were on Roids ...??? I have never Read anywhere that was suspected... Steve Furness ? Yes ... A couple O-Lineman or so ok .... You guys constantly OVERESTIMATE all of this Crap. And don't try t think or imply that only a few here and there were doing this As the Steelers were winning ...that's BS. Even Mike Golic said it was Fairly Rampant according the Veterans he played with in Houston. So , let this Bull Go. Its sour Grapes to the maxxxx... and you guys sound like cry babies yapping over and over and over.

Archived