Sign in to follow this  
ClevelandFanForLife

True Fans

I am really getting sick of Steeler fans talking trash. Not because i am jealous: far from it. I am sick of hearing that Pittsburgh is the best sports city in America because stupid Steeler fans only pay attention to one sport. Baseball and hockey are second or even third tier sports in Pittsburgh. They use the excuse that they only care about football and not baseball and hockey yet they sold out for the playoffs last year for the Penguins. Although Pittsburgh does have a pretty good hockey fan base, it is still embarrassing what the Pirates go through.

The pirates attendance over the past 10 years has been a joke. I have been to PNC Park and it really is one of the nicest stadiums in America. The problem is most Pittsburgh people don't know it. Pittsburgh people say that they don't care about baseball yet the All-Star game sold out in minutes a few years ago and the city was mad for baseball. If the Pirates had any kind of team then tickets would sell so fast.

You can even look at college football as a good example. How many of you Steeler fans can name 5 people on either Pitts' team or Penn State's team? I am not an Ohio State fan but I have several friends who are. They, like most other Cleveland fans, root every week for the Buckeyes win or lose.

This proves everything we have been saying all along: Pittsburgh people are front-runners. Football may be the biggest sport n Cleveland but we still cheer our asses off for the Tribe, Cavs and BUckeyes. We truly are Cleveland fans- not just Browns fans. Granted, there are a few people from Pittsburgh that root for all of Pittsburgh sports but the numbers are minimal.

We are TRUE Cleveland fans. We root for all of our teams. People from Pittsburgh who root for the Steelers and no other team are not Pittsburgh fans: they are Steeler fans and only Steeler fans. Stop calling yourselves Pittsburgh fans because you're not: You are nothing but loser Steeler fans.

The "not caring" about baseball is just a bullshit excuse. They would care if the Pirates were winning every year, and people wouldn't even know there WAS a hockey team in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the Penguins success.

Imagining the futility of Heinz Field and how poor their attendance would be if the Steelers lost every year. It would be mind boggling.

I think that the University of Dayton basketball is another example of great fans. Even when the team was winning less than 10 games, and there wasn't much to cheer about, there were 10,000 people there.

I think that the University of Dayton basketball is another example of great fans. Even when the team was winning less than 10 games, and there wasn't much to cheer about, there were 10,000 people there.

there are a ton of pitt fans at bball games probably, but only because there good

Yes, Pittsburgh sucks, based on the fact that most of their stadiums are full and most of their teams win every year. Yikes.

Dennis

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Yes, Pittsburgh sucks, based on the fact that most of their stadiums are full and most of their teams win every year. Yikes.

Dennis

Worst. Thread. Ever.

yeah most of their teams win. the penguins are below .500 and the pirates are a joke. yet most of their teams win. good argument dumbass

The "not caring" about baseball is just a bullshit excuse. They would care if the Pirates were winning every year, and people wouldn't even know there WAS a hockey team in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the Penguins success.

Imagining the futility of Heinz Field and how poor their attendance would be if the Steelers lost every year. It would be mind boggling.

I'm not sure that is true concerning baseball and Pittsburgh. I remember the last time the Pirates were in the playoffs.

In the first round they DID NOT sell out Three Rivers for their first few homes games....It was rather big news at the time. The city was getting ripped on relentlessly. People just couldn't believe that a playoff team could not sell out.

As a N.Y. Rangers fan I've been to Melon arena several times to watch the Pens and the Rangers play. They are pretty passionate about their hockey team in Pittsburgh. At least the people I ran into were....Not just at the arena. I'd wear my Rangers jersey to the games and if we stopped at a gas station or restaurant we would get absolutely ripped on! This was just as true in their down years as the years they were one of the better teams in the league.

Well I'm not going to speak about how well they root for their other sports, but I do know the Steeler fans are probably some of the mos ignorant in all of football. I've told you guys one of my best friends lives in uniontown which is about an hour south of Pittsburgh. He gets frustrated as hell trying to talk football to these idiots. He's told me stories that just made me chuckle. Basically if it doesn't have anything to do with the steelers. He tries to talk draft with them, half of them don't even know when the draft is held. He tried to talk about Drew Brees, or any other of the goings on in the NFL and they are completely clueless of what goes on outside of the state of Pennsylvania. If it doesn't have to do with the steelers basically they want nothing to do with it, and in my opinion that makes a terrible fan. You have to know what's going on in the league if your at all a fan. Not saying you have to know each roster player by player and every single transaction, but c'mon you need to be aware that the bears have a rookie RB that had a helluva year, or that the Dolphins really turned around their year this year. These hillbillies are just clueless....

i am a senior at john carroll and my cousin, who is from pittsburgh is a junior. these fans are so ignorant that even she can't stand them. she is a die hard steeler fan (no joke) and she hates listening to these morons here.