THE BROWNS BOARD

Kathy Hutchins (1950-2014)

Zombo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sad to hear of Kathy's passing. Thanks to Johnny M for bringing this to my attention.

I, too, was part of the AOL Board where I first 'met' Kathy. She was definitely a bright light during the 'dark days' of 1995 -1999, and beyond.

I was privileged to meet her in person at the first game in Cleveland Browns' Stadium and her thoughtfulness and kindness were demonstrated at the tailgate - among other ways - by her making large, orange Name Tags for Board Regulars (we 'knew' each other, but never had met). I have mine to this day.

My wife, Nancy, also met Kathy at that tailgate and, both being Educators, hit it right off. Actually, a number of years later, Nancy came home and said her group studied a ciriculum (sp) developed by Kathy. She touched many people in many ways.

To me, the fewer words said, the more meaningful they are.

Kathy, you were "Good People". RIP

Todd I always knew you, too, are a special person. Nice to see that some things in life remain the same.

God Bless.

I never got a chance to really know Kathy. I think that was my loss.

I remember competing against her in fantasy football, we fought in one game tooth and nail. back and forth

It all came down to a monday night game that I eeked out. She sent me a congratulatory albeit short note the next day

but also reminding me that she would get me the next time. And dammit she did.

Kathy today was for you, all that hard work blood, sweat and tears bringing back the team that you loved.

We competed today all over the football field and my friend Neil and I raised a glass in your honour and spirit

Because this one was for you and everyone that you influenced to stay the course, keep with the team because good things were gonna happen.

You would have liked her, JG. She was a lot like you - bright, opinionated and always classy. And like you, she was prolific back in the AOL days too.

I am so sad to hear of Kathy's passing. Thanks to Johnny M for bringing this to my attention.

I, too, was part of the AOL Board where I first 'met' Kathy. She was definitely a bright light during the 'dark days' of 1995 -1999, and beyond.

I was privileged to meet her in person at the first game in Cleveland Browns' Stadium and her thoughtfulness and kindness were demonstrated at the tailgate - among other ways - by her making large, orange Name Tags for Board Regulars (we 'knew' each other, but never had met). I have mine to this day.

My wife, Nancy, also met Kathy at that tailgate and, both being Educators, hit it right off. Actually, a number of years later, Nancy came home and said her group studied a ciriculum (sp) developed by Kathy. She touched many people in many ways.

To me, the fewer words said, the more meaningful they are.

Kathy, you were "Good People". RIP

Todd I always knew you, too, are a special person. Nice to see that some things in life remain the same.

God Bless.

It's so great to hear from you John! I lost your email address over the years and would love to reconnect. If we can do that here via a private message (no clue) let's try. Thanks for the kind words.

Very good to see so many "old timers" respond to this thread. Great to still have a connection to all even though under such sad circumstances. I don't have the fire in my belly to post here much anymore, even though I still foot the bill, but seeing everyone chime-in on Kathy's passing sure is nice to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined this site today and I'm not even a Browns fan. But this thread made me cry. So many Browns fans offering support to someone who's only tie was they loved the same team. I lost my mother five years ago to lung/brain cancer and know full well what Kathy and her family and friends went through. God bless you all.

• 1 month later...

Long time no see.

Sorry to hear we lost another great fan.

I only went back to the ABJ boards, but I remember Kathy like the board mom.

My heart goes out to her family and friends, no one deserves to go through having a loved one tore apart by cancer with absolutely nothing they can do to help as the person that was falls apart, nor does anyone deserve to be subject to such a god awful fate. Its enough to tear your soul apart.

Archived