THE BROWNS BOARD

Favre

CLEVELandMILIDH

After ESPN broke the news Wednesday that Jets quarterback Brett Favre was planning to retire, a simple question was posed to Favre’s agent, Bus Cook.

Cook was asked whether this retirement was for good or whether Favre could change his mind this summer.

Cook responded, “For good.”

And so it is that Favre is finished, finally, as many thought he was close to this time last year.

It also means that the trade compensation on Favre is complete. New York will surrender its third-round pick in April to Green Bay and the Packers will send the Jets their seventh-round pick in 2010.

That opens it up for DA possibilty

After ESPN broke the news Wednesday that Jets quarterback Brett Favre was planning to retire, a simple question was posed to Favre’s agent, Bus Cook.

Cook was asked whether this retirement was for good or whether Favre could change his mind this summer.

Cook responded, “For good.”

And so it is that Favre is finished, finally, as many thought he was close to this time last year.

It also means that the trade compensation on Favre is complete. New York will surrender its third-round pick in April to Green Bay and the Packers will send the Jets their seventh-round pick in 2010.

That opens it up for DA possibilty

That season-ending slide was a crappy end to a great career. He should have taken the $20 mil from the Packers not to play last year, and been a Packer for life.

He yanked the team around too much and then got his feelings hurt when they didn't slobber on him one last time..

Oh well, he's still one of the best QBs I have ever seen. Mobility, rocket arm and gamesmanship.

Zombo

I was just gonna write this, that the market for DA just got better. I really think it makes sense, assuming the door is still open between Mangini and the Jets. The offenses are very similar and the tweaks made to take advantage of Favre's arm would fit Anderson well.

Problem is, they're losing their 3rd round pick for Favre. Would they trade a 2nd round pick for Anderson? How much do they like Ratliff?

I dont think we get rid of DA for anything less than a 2nd round pick anyway. I think the jets would be more comfortable with both of them going into the season than just one, and DA will come in with a chip and alot to prove.

Perhaps Stan should buy theJetsBoard.com and install Lumbergh as a mod.

Lol i almost choked on my coffee! :)

I just had a vision of a jet fan whining that clemens is better than DA and should takeover now because DA is sucking...and lums saying...banned theres no room for clemens fags around here! lol ;)

Guest ATENEARS

I never allowed myself to get caught up in the Farve Drama, and so I remember him as an awesomely gutsy QB. I don't like many QB's, but Farve definately makes my short list.

I think my short list goes:

1.) Ken 'the snake' Stabler

2.) Joe Germaine

3.) Peyton Manning

4.) Brett Farve

5.) Derek Anderson

(I swear I'm a walking pot stirrer)

I hope he stays retired...I cant have him hold espn hostage again this summer with all his diva BS!

Favre didn't hold ESPN hostage. Rather, ESPN insisted on force feeding Favre crap (every one of their channels and radio stations). They turned it into the drama that Favre enjoyed. Nobody that i know of (from several cities) cared about last year's story. The only ones who cared were the good people of Wisconsin and ESPN.

I never allowed myself to get caught up in the Farve Drama, and so I remember him as an awesomely gutsy QB. I don't like many QB's, but Farve definately makes my short list.

2.) Joe Germaine

3.) Peyton Manning

4.) Brett Farve

5.) Derek Anderson

Thanks for the laugh Atenears! :lol:

2.) Joe Germaine

3.) Peyton Manning

4.) Brett Farve

5.) Derek Anderson

you forgot ryan leaf, a real mans man

2.) Joe Germaine

3.) Peyton Manning

4.) Brett Farve

5.) Derek Anderson

Man, I thought Peyton's third NFL MVP might finally catapult him past the Great One, St. Joe Germaine.

Zombo

--Maybe next year

Guest ATENEARS

Man, I thought Peyton's third NFL MVP might finally catapult him past the Great One, St. Joe Germaine.

Zombo

--Maybe next year

St. Joe won a Super Bowl as a Rookie ... that's pretty hard to match, but Peyton is a pretty good QB also.

Archived