THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan Sucks

Zombo

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Vag, the Big Ten does not need Michigan to be good for it to be a good conference. Michigan St. CAN replace Michigan just fine on the pecking order....in fact, it has. If Michigan were one of the lower rung (lowest 4) teams in the conference, that would be just fine in the overall. It is close to being there now. Michigan can keep Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois company for a while.

Actually, I don't see why Illinois isn't a bigger program. I believe Illinois actually has a larger population than both Ohio and Michigan. They should have a fairly deep recruiting base, especially in and around Chicago. But they are never as good as they should be it seems. Maybe they think of themselves as a basketball school.

Because recruiting is more than just the state you live in. Very few states house that much talent. Revenue is also huge too. Illinois is not making Michigan or OSU money, they don't have the same amount of fans/alumni.

These conferences are better when the power schools are succeeding. Texas, Michigan, etc. Also, MSU has seen more success than Michigan recently, but they wont replace us. It just wont happen. Eventually we'll stop hurting ourselves and MSU wont be able to compete in terms of revenue, talent, etc. We sign a Harbaugh or Miles or something and we're pretty much back.

The BCS champion buckeyes were over 90% from Ohio. Michigan sucks and are now a lower-level big 10 team. They suck at recruiting because they suck at football. If they were really pulling in so much talent the results would show on the field. Their helmets are ugly, they look like the inside of Grover's underwear after he shit his pants, skid marks and all.

Lol @ michigan

Because recruiting is more than just the state you live in. Very few states house that much talent. Revenue is also huge too. Illinois is not making Michigan or OSU money, they don't have the same amount of fans/alumni.

These conferences are better when the power schools are succeeding. Texas, Michigan, etc. Also, MSU has seen more success than Michigan recently, but they wont replace us. It just wont happen. Eventually we'll stop hurting ourselves and MSU wont be able to compete in terms of revenue, talent, etc. We sign a Harbaugh or Miles or something and we're pretty much back.

Why on earth would MSU not be able to compete in terms of revenue, talent? I guess Michigan has a slightly larger stadium. That would be the only factor that I can see. If MSU is seen as the primary football power in the state of Michigan, then the talent will follow.

I don't know their relative sizes off hand, but I suspect that MSU has as many alumni running around Michigan as Michigan has.

Back in the 60s, MSU was the predominate program. It wasn't until Bo got there that that turned around.

A big name coach could help. Maybe. But as has been noted elsewhere, Michigan got half its talent from Ohio......and Dantonio also knows the Ohio recruiting field very well.

I think Miles could help there. He is Ohio born and bred. Harbaugh is viewed as a good coach....but volatile. Not sure what the perception of him would be.

Recruiting is way more then the state your school is in. For sure, and it also has to do with how good your team is.

A so-called blue chip player who could have his choice of schools would much rather go to OSU, ALA,AUBURN,FSU,LSU,FLA,USC...................and so on, before meatchicken.

The only players from that school up north that are sure NFL draft picks play on the d/o line.

And that might be because of the coaching, or the fact meatchicken can't get top skill recruits.

And before wooody says it, his boys that were so-called top recruits the last 3 years have done NOTHING to impress NFL scouts.

.... Top recruits from the last three years wouldn't be in the NFL yet...

Look, as much as you guys may not want to believe it, Michigan has done very well in recruiting. Recruits pick us over OSU, and other big schools. We've had a very good class each year since Hoke got here. That's not the issue. Player development and general program leadership is.

Your opinions, your anecdotal evidence, your feelings about what you want to be true, or you pure, dumb hatred of Michigan doesn't make your statements true. I'm gong to go out on a limb here and say I know more about the current situation than you guys.

The top HB two years ago went here. The top ATH/CB/ #2 player overall went here last year. But you're right... No blue chip players come here...

Lol. But...but Michigan is doing great recruiting! Who cares that they lost to Minnesota, Utah, and Rutgers! They had higher rated recruits! That's all that matters!

Lol how sad that michigan fans must grasp at such straws (not really).

Lol @ michigan

Apparently you can't read either.... Kent State? Akron? Am I getting closer?

I said recruiting isn't an issue, I pointed out the other issues. I was called out that they actually weren't recruiting well. I proved that wrong. I am not saying we are doing fine because we are recruiting well, or that our record doesn't matter because we recruited well. I am just saying that we are.

Showing that scUM educational prestige. Harvard of the West, etc etc.

Yes, my one typo trumps all the reputable opinions from anyone that matters regarding the academic prestige of colleges....

... no OSU fan has ever made a typo on an internet forum, therefore OSU is now a better school than Michigan....

.... HAHAHAHAHA, I couldn't type that and keep a straight face. OSU a better school than Michigan, what a ridiculous thought. Next it will be Miami of Ohio or something crazy like that....

Yes, my one typo trumps all the reputable opinions from anyone that matters regarding the academic prestige of colleges....

... no OSU fan has ever made a typo on an internet forum, therefore OSU is now a better school than Michigan....

.... HAHAHAHAHA, I couldn't type that and keep a straight face. OSU a better school than Michigan, what a ridiculous thought. Next it will be Miami of Ohio or something crazy like that....

Actually I'm pretty sure I've seen you make that same mistake on other occasions. Anywho, M*ch*gan still sucks a fat one.

If you want to be taken seriously in college athletics, You have to be GREAT at football, unless you are GREAT at basketball. ie DUKE, North Carolina, Kentucky,UCLA

All other division 1 schools are judged on football.

Ohio Sate or Notre Dame could win the NCAA basketball tourney and EVERYONE would ask what those schools did in a Bowl Game

No one cares that a swimming team wins, a field hockey team wins or a tennis team wins

Just like no one cares if a school has better academics. If that was the case, ALL of the IVY league schools would be the greatest schools.

People want a FOOTBALL champ. That's just reality.

And that's why EVERYONE here, except woody, thinks MEATCHICKEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uuuhh... I realize Michigan is in a bad stretch, but if you don't think they are one of the top football programs of all time, and don't think they are still one of the top coaching destinations... then you're insane.

I've posted many things in this thread, in response to other posters and their false comments (recruiting, academics, etc). Then, another OSU poster responds to that and act like I'm saying Michigan is right now great at football for whatever reason I just said....

... its a really dumb cycle.

A lot of you on here though just see me say something about Michigan, go full OSU derp mode, and start your little negative posts... without reading anything. That's fine though, I'm used to it. OSUs good fortune will run out eventually, and when it does I'll laugh my ass off.

wouldn't call meatchicken a top coaching destination. They hired Gary Moeller, a liquored up journeyman coach, They got a career assistant when they hired Carr, then they hired Rich Rod LMAO, and now they have Hoke.

Not really the top coaches IMO. A drunk, a career assistant, a hot-at-the-time guy and a small school head coach with a barely over 500 record. It doesn't seem like the TOP guys are runnning to coach up there.

Michigan as this thing where they want to hire "Michigan Men", which obviously limits their options. A lot of people are getting sick of that though.

RichRod turned down an offer from Bama at one point, and then came to Michigan. He was a top coaching choice at the time.

You guys basically backed into Meyer, that doesn't always happen. We'll see what happens in 3 years when he gets a headache / has an affair and you guys start looking again.

But I'm wasting my time here, and I know that. OSU fans just lose all sense of reasoning when it comes to Michigan. If you think a bad run makes it not a top program all time, or not a top coaching destination... then i dont even know... I doubt I could convince you otherwise.

If Richrod turned down Alabama for wishagin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then wishagin should have never hired him.

NO COACH WITH A BRAIN WOULD TAKE A JOB AT meatchcken OVER ALABAMA

We didn't "back" into Meyer.

He wanted to coach at OSU, He turned down ND so he had OSU as his school

Right around when your previous coach resigned for cheating and after Meter left UF cuz of headaches/an affair/he knew there were too many criminals on the team. The stars aligned a little bit.

If you want to be taken seriously in college athletics, You have to be GREAT at football, unless you are GREAT at basketball. ie DUKE, North Carolina, Kentucky,UCLA

All other division 1 schools are judged on football.

Ohio Sate or Notre Dame could win the NCAA basketball tourney and EVERYONE would ask what those schools did in a Bowl Game

No one cares that a swimming team wins, a field hockey team wins or a tennis team wins

Just like no one cares if a school has better academics. If that was the case, ALL of the IVY league schools would be the greatest schools.

People want a FOOTBALL champ. That's just reality.

And that's why EVERYONE here, except woody, thinks MEATCHICKEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I do believe that academics DO make a school greater than athletic success does. When a service ranks the "best schools" they don't rank the best football or basketball schools, they rank the best academic schools.

A few schools very successfully combine both. Stanford, Duke, Notre Dame

Michigan as this thing where they want to hire "Michigan Men", which obviously limits their options. A lot of people are getting sick of that though.

RichRod turned down an offer from Bama at one point, and then came to Michigan. He was a top coaching choice at the time.

You guys basically backed into Meyer, that doesn't always happen. We'll see what happens in 3 years when he gets a headache / has an affair and you guys start looking again.

But I'm wasting my time here, and I know that. OSU fans just lose all sense of reasoning when it comes to Michigan. If you think a bad run makes it not a top program all time, or not a top coaching destination... then i dont even know... I doubt I could convince you otherwise.

We lose no sense of reasoning whatsoever. We just know the facts, and apparently you cannot handle them.

I personally do not think Michigan is getting anywhere near the quality athletes as OSU or MSU are getting now.

And even if they are, as you say, they obviously are not doing a good job of coaching/developing them.

Can they get back on top? Certainly possible if they get someone in there to run the program in a quality manner.

Lots think that Harbaugh can be the new Bo. Who knows. He could come there and burn out and leave after a couple of years leaving things worse than when he got there.

We lose no sense of reasoning whatsoever. We just know the facts ......

I personally do not think

Alrighty then.

Gipper, literally everything you so regarding Michigan or in conversation related to Michigan contain no facts at all. It's your ingrained opinions you've developed over life through anecdotal evidence and what you want to be true. Nothing close to facts...

They won 2 games. And that program has fairly gone to shit in recent years....and the coach left Florida for a better job...where?

Google "when was the last time Ohio State beat UF in a title game in any sport"..

I'll wait........

and FUCK Benedict Myers..

He'll develop chest pains soon because of the pressure and want out..

Alrighty then.

Gipper, literally everything you so regarding Michigan or in conversation related to Michigan contain no facts at all. It's your ingrained opinions you've developed over life through anecdotal evidence and what you want to be true. Nothing close to facts...

Not true. Michigan sucks. That sir IS a fact. (whatever the reason, it is a fact. All we do is differ on the reasons)

Google "when was the last time Ohio State beat UF in a title game in any sport"..

I'll wait........

and FUCK Benedict Myers..

He'll develop chest pains soon because of the pressure and want out..

We could play the "when was the last time" game until the cows come home. Lets face it. If this thread weren't labelled "Michigan Sucks" it could be labelled "Florida sucks". Who do you think wins that game right here, right now?

Archived