THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agent watch

We need Tom Tupa

The Dolphins spoke with Channing Crowder's representation this week but showed no interest in substantially increasing the offer Crowder rejected a couple of months ago -- one that Crowder called a ''special-teams contract'' in value. With the sides far part, no meeting was scheduled at next week's NFL combine, and Crowder seems likely to depart, though neither side completely closed the door.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...-leave-dolphins

This is a tough decision because the guy can flat out play the game. But, is he one of those guys that is looking for a big contract and will be satisfied to be an underachiever........... some character issues.

This is a situation where the coaches have to dig up all the info they can get from contacts and other coaches around the league and make a intelligent call.

He was a badass last year but you have to make the deal with some attention to his injury history. He missed only one game last year and the Dolphins were gouged. He returned and they were tough against the run again. The concern is his long-term health... so he'll probably have to settle for a short-ish "prove it" deal.

I'd go with a two year deal with incentives.

They can give him a 10 year deal as long as only 1 year is guaranteed.

Guest Aloysius

Brett Favre's retirement opens up a lot of cap space for the Jets. My guess is that they'll now be a major contender for Bart Scott.

And the Jags' releasing Drayton Florence opens up a roster spot for Daven Holly, should former position coach/DC Mel Tucker want to bring him to Jacksonville.

Brett Favre's retirement opens up a lot of cap space for the Jets. My guess is that they'll now be a major contender for Bart Scott.

And the Jags' releasing Drayton Florence opens up a roster spot for Daven Holly, should former position coach/DC Mel Tucker want to bring him to Jacksonville.

Actually, they were OVER by a few million...now they are just under by about $10-$11M...not much room at all.

The word I hear is they will not offer much more than than he has already rejected as they feel he is NOT a big play guy..just solid...not quite explosive enough for an explosive contract.. I tend to agree. He is a solid paymaker but not a game-changer. He would be a marginal upgrade to what we have so I would not want to see us throw a bunch of money at this guy.

Archived