THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans! :) Our 2014 0-3 and winless Cleveland Browns conclude their preseason schedule as they host Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and the Chicago Bears. A win would even their record at 2-12. Kickoff at First Energy Stadium is right at 8:05PM Eastern Standard Time.

Many starters on both the Browns and the Bears may watch the actions on the sidelines, as the reserve players, including signed and undrafted rookies, free agents, and veterans will receive the majority of the playing time tonight to showcase themselves on the playing field, and impress their coaching staffs, to make the 53-man regular season roster.

Tonight's Browns/Bears preseason game will be simulcast locally in Cleveland on WKYC Channel 3, and on national cable on The NFL Network, live on HD.

NO injuries to both the Browns and the Bears, as their coaching staffs make the difficult decisions to reduce their rosters from 75 players, to the mandatory 53-players, plus 10-man practice squad.

GO BROWNS in The Dawg Pound! :DB):)^_^

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014082809/2014/PRE4/bears@browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/08/28/watch-tonights-browns-game-on-channel-3/14724985/

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/browns/

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

Who is this guy that starts this thread each week and this disappears? I hope he keeps it up in the regular season ... "Official" threads are awesome.

Yup... it's a fucking advertisement... AKA spam...

This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

Welcome, Salty Dave. I liked the looks of that Sneed kid last week, and I am anxious to see more of Charles Johnson as well. Someone is going to break through and make a career for himself in light of the Gordo suspension.

Zombo

In light of the WR issues we have going on, I'm going to toss this out here ahead of the game :

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=36751

Bears update: Coach Marc Trestman does not intend to play his starting units at all. Already loaded at the receiver position, the Bears signed 2009 Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes on Aug. 16. Holmes played in a little in his first preseason game, and could get more playing time against the Browns. He is on the roster bubble. If he plays, Holmes could be auditioning for other teams in need of a receiver, like the Browns. Trestman intends to rookie sixth-round pick David Fales at quarterback the entire game.

I'm also going add this in regards to all the criticism I've been seeing around the Net on Farmer . . .

Did y'all ever think one reason Farmer didn't Draft a WR is because with the huge influx of WR's, there's going to be some quality cuts . . . and the Browns with their record are going to be high on the dibs list.

This quote is a prime example . . . still Pre-Season, and there are yet more Roster moves to be made.

Thank you for the welcome Zombo!

I would love to see them do well tonight.

I need to add my welcome as well :)

I like the look of the Gabriel kid we picked up, I think he makes it before Snead, but I actually think we're going to see some turnover in the WR's in this next round of cuts.

I would also like to throw out a hearty welcome as well.

I've recently joined the board, but I've read these threads for years.

The difference between Week 1 Snead and Week 3 Snead is enormous...

Howdy, Kid...

Did y'all ever think one reason Farmer didn't Draft a WR is because with the huge influx of WR's, there's going to be some quality cuts . . . and the Browns with their record are going to be high on the dibs list.

Someone mentioned it in one of the post-draft threads...

Things I would like to see the Browns do tonight:

1) Shaw playing the majority of the 2nd half.

2) At least 1 TD from our punt/KR team (they came pretty close several times).

3) More Kirksey

4) A receiver actually catching a pass that wasn't perfectly thrown.

5) A great open field tackle.

6) A Gilbert pick six.

7) At least 4 sacks from our pass rush.

I dig me some Willie Snead too. Hands and hustle.

I'm mostly wanting to see a well oiled machine tonight, or at least a step in that direction. On both sides of the ball.

I also wanna see the D find that fine line between holding 'em without actually getting flagged for holding 'em. That princess and the pea sized cushion they were giving the other team last week ain't gonna cut it.

Just walked in to see Santonio beat the brakes off of the secondary. No. We didn't need that or anything.

Missed the 1st qtr. anybody feel like giving me a quick breakdown on whats happened thus far? How did the 1st teamers look on offense and defense?

I thought the starters looked pretty good. Some nice passes. D-Line is scary good.

Archived