THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio State vs Penn State

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Pryor is going to be alright, I thought he played with poise and it is good that he's hard on himself after the loss.

This is a rebuilding year, and hopefull Penn State's year.

It would be great to see Joe Pa Win the National Title.

Maybe tOSU oughta lose the sticker on the helmets thing. Just maybe that was a cool thing when Fonzi and his leather jacket were making the rounds.

Spruce up the look on the cheergirls too. Show a little more skin. I dont like traditional for cheerleader outfits. In fact i dont like cheerleader outfits at all. They just get in the way.

Not ripping on anyone's team. OSU played PSU much tougher than OS did. No shame occured tonite on the field of play and that's important.

One other thing- Joe Paterno is not really coaching that team and everyone knows it. They just kinda work around him. He's just there for the fans. I dont know who makes the executive decisions on the sidelines but its obviously not him since he's not there and his phones arent even turned on apparently. They just keep his ears warm.

It's always tough to watch the Buckeyes lose because it doesn't happen very often. The Yin to my Brownies Yang! Thank God for Balance!

The loss doesn't come as a shocker though. Penn State is tough and we're playing a rookie qb with a rookie center. Next year the expectations will be great. I'm all ready looking forward to the USC game.

One thing about College football is the influx of new guys every year. I freak out at the thought of losing Katezenmoyer, but that eventually leads to an A.J. Hawk. Then he goes and I freak out. But that leads to a Laurinitis. Now I'll freak out he'll be leaving, but that will lead to a Sabino. Don't know a ton on him but I hear his speed is more like that of a defensive back. Would love to hear what you guys have heard about him.

The Big 10 is abysmal this year. Penn St. would be a .500 team in the SEC or Big 12.

So, PSU beats OSU and now all a sudden, they would be a .500 team?? The Big 12? Name me a team who plays defense in the Big 12? And last time I checked, which teams did OSU lost to in the bowl game? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Florida and LSU.

I freak out at the thought of losing Katezenmoyer, but that eventually leads to an A.J. Hawk. Then he goes and I freak out. But that leads to a Laurinitis. Now I'll freak out he'll be leaving, but that will lead to a Sabino.

Dont know much about Sabino, but, Laurinitis is the most overrated player I have seen in a while. Please tell me how he got 12 tackles last night?? 12??? And from an unbiased perspective, he is not even your best defensive player.... Freeman is better than him as far as LB goes, and you need to add in Jenkins and Gibson as better players. All Laurinitis does is pile jump and get credit for a tackle. Please.

The Big 10 is abysmal this year. Penn St. would be a .500 team in the SEC or Big 12.

As the board's resident SEC pimp, I have to disagree, at least this year. The SEC is down this year--now, I would argue that it's still the second-best conference in the country, but this year I think you could take the top four or five teams from the Big 12 and they would be favored against just about any team in the SEC. Texas, certainly. Oklahoma, almost certainly. Texas Tech and Missouri, probably. I would even give Oklahoma State even money against just about everybody (except for Alabama, which looks really good, but hasn't been tested enough).

Again, don't get me wrong--the SEC is still a great conference. They're just not as great as usual this year, and Penn State would have a good chance against just about anyone in the conference.

I'm rooting for them to win the championship this year, for a couple of reasons--first, for them to get to/win the BCS, one of two things will have to happen: either they'll have to leapfrog Alabama to get to the championship game, or beat Alabama in the championship game. Second, it would be great to see Paterno win, especially after jerks like me have been saying that he's past his prime for so long. Third, it would just feel good to come on this board and point out that, lo and behold, the Big Ten has finally figured out a way to win the title--send a real team to do the job.

Dennis

they dont run plays at little animal

Wow, there is one way to get around it. Seriously, go back, watch the game again, and watch where the majority of PSU's runs are - tackle to tackle. He is an inside linebacker for crying out loud, what do you mean they do not run plays at him??? At least Hawk came in and made the play.... Little Houdini disappears for quarters at a time.

I freak out at the thought of losing Katezenmoyer, but that eventually leads to an A.J. Hawk. Then he goes and I freak out. But that leads to a Laurinitis. Now I'll freak out he'll be leaving, but that will lead to a Sabino.

Dont know much about Sabino, but, Laurinitis is the most overrated player I have seen in a while. Please tell me how he got 12 tackles last night?? 12??? And from an unbiased perspective, he is not even your best defensive player.... Freeman is better than him as far as LB goes, and you need to add in Jenkins and Gibson as better players. All Laurinitis does is pile jump and get credit for a tackle. Please.

I agree somewhat with you about Laurinitis. His biggest problem is shedding blockers. If there is a body on him he will most likely be taken out of the play. That will not translate well to the NFL at all.

That being said, I think he has great instincts on the field and plays the pass better than most linebackers in college.

Laurenititis is overrated. He does a great job of getting his name mentioned every time there is a tackle, meaning he's always around the play. But he's rarely the guy actually MAKING the play. He doesn't shed blockers very well. He doesn't seem to be a fierce pass-rusher. Marcus Freeman makes some plays, but he also gets "shook" quite a bit. He'll make a mistake now and then and be out of position or miss a tackle.

Ross Homan is their best linebacker right now, for my money. He's always making plays and rarely do I see him make a mistake. He lights people up. I think Sabino has made more plays on special teams this year than Laurenitis has on defense.

I often see Kurt Coleman out of position, I don't know about you guys. I know we need a linebacker as our most pressing need on the Browns, but if Jenkins is sitting there when our first round pick comes up I would at least think about it for a second. You can never have too much depth at corner.

Laurinitis has to be one of the most overrated college players I've ever seen. No matter his "measurables" (which aren't anything exceptional,) when it comes to play on the field he is little more than a guy that finds a way to jump onto a lot of already-tackled players.

I'm not familiar with how he got so much hype behind him, but watching him play in games makes it rather apparent that little to none of it is warranted. I really do feel sorry for any NFL team that might draft this guy high. Hopefully it won't be us.

Archived