THE BROWNS BOARD

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when people start playing the semantics game.

Thanks again- as another poster said- (for) misinterpreting and putting words in the other posters mouths.

BTW, this thread is supposed to be about Shaw, not JFF.

(with apologies to Mudfly, for whom this is not intended...)

Would Cleveland ever promote Shaw over someone they made a trade on draft day for just to get? I see this as doubtful, unless they don't value job security.

I am from South Carolina, and a Shaw fan, yeah yeah. But he did outperform Manziel last game, against much of the same defense that Manziel could do nothing against.

I just hope he gets some play time vs STL.

I like Shaw just fine. But he was playing against guys that will be working for ups in a couple weeks.

WSS

While playing with guys who will be working for UPS in a couple of weeks.............. Point is, if you can play, then you can play. The Finger was also playing against (and with) some of those same guys, and he sure stood out - oh wait, he didn't.

Got the man holding the clipboard on the sideline. Don't even give him a chance and it's a preseason game. That's right some people can't see the forest for the trees and that's our coach. But that's ok patience gets the worm either with the Browns or someone else. Shawshank the Man.....

You can't seriously be so blind for Johnny that you think a kid who doesn't even know what a playbook is, let alone how to use it, should be your QB when it counts?

Want my prediction? Browns or otherwise, the kid is a great playground QB, but he thinks he is bigger than the game and will probably be unable to grasp the concept of a structured offense. CFL..........Here come Johnny!

A bunch of people think Ghoolie is a fool- but he's been the first here to publicly proclaim Manziel as a bust- he can be an obnoxious SOB, but funny thing is- he's been right more often than not.

So with the cuts coming, do they cut Shaw and keep Grossman?

If so what is the advantage to keeping Grossman if Hoyer is the starter? Helping Johnny learn an offense that he isn't even running if he isn't starting? Does Grossman really need to help a vet like Hoyer learn the offense? Is Grossman servicable if he has to be used?

I doubt Shaw would make it through waviers and end up on the practice squad another team would pick him up for a 3rd string guy to learn their system, so far he has shown some of the best upside out of the QB's.

On the other hand, do you want two rookie QB's on the roster?

Just wondering if the upside to having a guy like Grossman around outweights keeping a young player that could have big upside.

I think they should cut Grossman. He's not part of the long term plan, while Shaw could still be. Why risk a future prospect for a washed up player who wont even be here in a year??? Let's get it out of our system this year and go with Hoyer and the 2 young guys to see if we have the players for the future.

No team is going to sign him. So Grossman will still be there if we need him.

You can't seriously be so blind for Johnny that you think a kid who doesn't even know what a playbook is, let alone how to use it, should be your QB when it counts?

Want my prediction? Browns or otherwise, the kid is a great playground QB, but he thinks he is bigger than the game and will probably be unable to grasp the concept of a structured offense. CFL..........Here come Johnny!

Maybe, maybe not. I am not sure his college experience....and his rookie training camp experience is any different than say, Cam Newton's, Colin Kaepernick's, RGIIIs.

Mostly your statement is just wishful thinking.

If so what is the advantage to keeping Grossman if Hoyer is the starter? Helping Johnny learn an offense that he isn't even running if he isn't starting? Does Grossman really need to help a vet like Hoyer learn the offense? Is Grossman servicable if he has to be used?

The disadvantage of keeping Grossman is you have to pay him a full year of his base salary if he makes the 53 man roster.

It will be interested to see if Grossman even plays tonight......we haven't seen him throw a single pass in a game yet....so, it would make sense to test drive him at least once, right???.....Id say if he doesn't play tonight, then he's a goner for sure......

It will be interested to see if Grossman even plays tonight......we haven't seen him throw a single pass in a game yet....so, it would make sense to test drive him at least once, right???.....Id say if he doesn't play tonight, then he's a goner for sure......

Tomorrow.

Football is about the easiest sport to sit back and be a Monday morning quarterback...

Only sport really since it's the only one with a position named QB...

Shaw never got the real respect he should have got in college and the Browns have to play Johnny.

so much for Shaw slipping through to the practice squad... a developmental qb actually showing some potential for a change...

... and there's a reason he went undrafted. He's a prospect, a developmental, long-shot prospect... nothing more. But every once in a while one makes it.

And somewhere a couple steps out to their backyard pool and wonders what happened to their matching hammocks...

I actually like DA, but he's getting older and this is a young mans game. He did what he was brought in to do, helping to mentor Cam, and he done a admirable job.

Never thought I'd see "mentor" and "DA" in the same forum let alone the same post...

Every Connor Shaw Snap From Last Night.

Except for one time CS threw the ball accuratley where only his guy had a shot at it. Exception was the wild high and behind post to Krause... who bailed him out with a very, very nice catch (probably why he stuck and Armstrong went). Best throw was the one across his body while rolling left. Snead made a nice diving catch just inbounds.

Did a little research today on Heisman winning QB's...

Careful.. you're treading on Gipper's turf... ;)

F%*k you!

We have lift off...

I love when people start playing the semantics game.

Ohhh please show me where I said anything near that.

Nice contrast...

Once again point to me where I said Manziel is good.

Saying (and repeating ad nauseam) that "JM will be the starter when he is ready" did not mean you thought he'd be good?

Archived