THE BROWNS BOARD

BOOKS! That are NOT YET Movies.. But Damn Sure Should Be

Axe

Never heard of it, but looked it up. Might buy it and read it.

If you do (and I highly recommend you do) then you'll want to start with Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo Saga)

Then move to Shift Omnibus Edition (Shift 1-3) (Wool Trilogy Book 2)

And finish with Dust (Wool Trilogy Book 3)

My fear is that a movie gets made and is butchered a la "John Carter of Mars" :(

:::edit::: Well look what I just found

Ridley Scott ( Prometheus) acquired the film rights.. :unsure:

for a great many years everything have read has been unabridged audio.

I thought it was dull.

WSS

It may have fallen down a bit on some points. But I thought it did a very good job at dwelling into the motivations of the young Jerry Seigel and his reasons for creating Superman. At a young age he had lost his dad who was a cop to a bullet, a mystery that I believe has never been solved.

In essence, he wanted to create a hero who would be essentially invulnerable to replace his dad.

I mean, Dude, it wasn't a Superman comic book.

If you do (and I highly recommend you do) then you'll want to start with Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo Saga)

Then move to Shift Omnibus Edition (Shift 1-3) (Wool Trilogy Book 2)

And finish with Dust (Wool Trilogy Book 3)

My fear is that a movie gets made and is butchered a la "John Carter of Mars" :(

:::edit::: Well look what I just found

Ridley Scott ( Prometheus) acquired the film rights.. :unsure:

John Carter of Mars was awesome.. I thought Prometheus was boring and predictable.

They should make a tv series of stephen kings short stories. Grey matter, word processor of the gods, the long walk, survivor type, some of those stories are freaking brilliant

Check out this list of the best selling books of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

There are a few in there that I do not believe have been made into movies like The Catcher in the Rye.

Watership Down

Others that are best sellers are like self help books, not amenable to movie making.

Note though that some of the best selling books are also among the largest grossing movie franchises: specifically the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit and the Harry Potter books.

Personally, I never cared for the Catcher in the Rye.....and I assume that JD Salinger would never sell the movie rights. But now that he is gone, perhaps his estate will. I am not sure it is translatable to a movie, but I would be curious to see the effort.

Watership Down has been made into an animated film. I loved the book! A catcher in the rye is tied up with Salinger's heirs who will not even allow it to be made into an audiobook.

unless something very recently changed.

WSS

I figured that might be the case with the Rabbit book.

And with Salinger's book, the estate will eventually be settled, the the thing that will change, with them is probably:::$$$$$$$.

Archived