THE BROWNS BOARD

Movies You Can't Walk by Without Sitting Down and Watching

Axe

Two obvious one for me are "The God Fatjher" and "Good Fellows"

But, Roadhouse, I cannot pass by "Roadhouse" on the tv w/o hittin the skids and sitting down..

I'll wait till Jeff Healey shows up B)

Shawshank for sure and its "companion" The Green Mile(both Stephen King). Ferris Beuhler. Casablanca. Jaws...just to name a few.

I put this phenomena as "movies you must watch for a while while channel surfing".

For Howard Hughes that movie was Ice Station Zebra.

the king. Only one I didn't like was eyes wide shut. Maybe I need to try it again.

WSS

Barry Lyndon also seemed a bit draggy. Again, maybe both of those movies warrant a second look. It took a couple or three viewings of 2001 A Space Odyssey to kinda get it.

Almost any John Wayne movie (especially Big Jake & Quiet Man), Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Rudy, Cat Ballou, and Support Your Local Sheriff. There are others, but I ALWAYS watch the aforementioned. Yeah, I know....I have no culture or class, but I don't care!

Mike

Almost any John Wayne movie (especially Big Jake & Quiet Man), Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Rudy, Cat Ballou, and Support Your Local Sheriff. There are others, but I ALWAYS watch the aforementioned. Yeah, I know....I have no culture or class, but I don't care!

Mike

Rudy was offsides

I think a clockwork orange was just hard to watch. There were a couple of good scenes and some decent ones but it was still overall nihilistic and slow paced. And that's easily one of his better ones. 2001 had some touches I liked such as the brand names on all the stuff in space but for my money give me Ridley Scott and Alien over 2001 any day and twice on sunday.

For war movies I'll take apocalypse now and platoon and saving private Ryan over full metal jacket. I didn't like of hate the shining but I was disappointed it strayed so far from the source material. Yeah I just don't love kubrick.

Archived