THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

JFF had the better night. A kid right out of college ended up with a higher ranking then Hoyer with years in the NFL. After a few days practice.

Its just too funny now. Should we get Weeden and McCoy back since they outplayed both our qbs?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a new level of weirdness with these JFF fags. To like a dude, a complete stranger, so much, that you can't see anything past his pretty face is beyond weird.

Against inferior competition.

Still looked good....not better.

Hoyer sailed a couple passes (and had a couple dropped)- Manziel took off when he had a receiver wide open, and dove when he should have slid. Wash.

Oh you assholes need to stop with the fag shit. You probably sucked a dick back in your day. People love watching Manziel play. Has nothing to with dick sucking, asshole fucking or anything else homo you fantasize about. Fuckin fairy.

Oh its quite the contrary. You manzielites are the fairies who can stand if he doesn't start right away which means you can't see him in tight pants from the get go.

Agreed. I think both guys did some good things and some bad things. This game Monday night should decide it all. One of these guys needs to stand out. Otherwise id hate to be coach Pettine.

Hoyer would be the starter by default, it's Manziel that needs a knockout punch.

And it is based on practices as well, not just what we see in the preseason games.

I think Pettine feels they are both starters, so he can't really go wrong with who decides to start the season with.

Z

I think it'd be much more difficult for the coach and staff to trot out the Lil guy for game 1. The only way they win is if he lights it up, highly unlikely given the schedule. At that point, you either leave him in or admit you were wrong and bring in hoyer.

Not much to be gained by starting him right outta the gate.

I wonder if the starting QB depends on the outcome of the Gordon case. If Gordon plays most of the year, Hoyer starts as more of a game manager, letting the run game, plus pro-bowl WR/TE do the damage. If Gordon's suspended, we need more playmaking ability from the QB, so Manziel gets the start.

Just a thought, and I'm not saying it's 100% dependent, but it might be a factor :)

Oh you assholes need to stop with the fag shit. You probably sucked a dick back in your day. People love watching Manziel play. Has nothing to with dick sucking, asshole fucking or anything else homo you fantasize about. Fuckin fairy.

I dunno...it'd be much easier to stop the homoerotic slam if you would quit hugging up on another mans nuts. You say "people" like it means everyone, whereas "people" in that context really means jff nuthuggers.

The rest of us just like watching football, regardless of who is playing.

Fag....with all due apologies to any actual homosexuals out there. Cits really not fair to compare them to the manzealots.

Definitely a new level of weirdness with these JFF fags. To like a dude, a complete stranger, so much, that you can't see anything past his pretty face is beyond weird.

What does it say about you who likes a whole squad of complete stranger dudes overwhelmingly brought in from outside the area? That you like strange homosexual orgy?

they were reporting on nfl network before the game last night that manziel is starting the next 2 preseason games. i didn't think much of it then, but now.......

lol... I think we have to face the fact that there is currently no other NFL scoop that approaches the level of a JM scoop.

Just another ring in under the big top...

JFF had the better night. A kid right out of college ended up with a higher ranking then Hoyer with years in the NFL. After a few days practice.

The one thing you cannot do is rely on the stat sheet for your argument.

Oh you assholes need to stop with the fag shit.

Agree, but it is what it is...

I think I am just going to pass on anything contained previously in this 10 page thread.

The two main things that I got from watching the game:

A. Our receivers need to learn how to catch.......(why has this been a problem for the Browns forever...no matter who we have at WR)

B. Pierre Desir needs to learn how to tackle.

So you think if Hoyer keeps over throwing receivers and only producing field goals, the job will be his automatically? I am not sure about that. I think he needs to start scoring points in the live games. As for practice he had 2 interceptions today. I think the competition is much closer. Pettine for the first time classified Manziel as an NFL starter.

I'm saying Johnny has to TAKE the job ... which he hasn't done yet.

Good opportunity if he starts this week.

Zombo

All the Manziel whores need to remember. We old timers are Cleveland Browns fans. We support the team, no matter who the quarterback is. You whores only support JFF because you would follow him anywhere no matter what team he played for. So STFU. If JFF wins, I will support him totally. If he fucks up, then get ready for some heavy hate. :D

All the Manziel whores need to remember. We old timers are Cleveland Browns fans. We support the team, no matter who the quarterback is. You whores only support JFF because you would follow him anywhere no matter what team he played for. So STFU. If JFF wins, I will support him totally. If he fucks up, then get ready for some heavy hate. :D

Well WHOOP-DE-DOO!

I think I am just going to pass on anything contained previously in this 10 page thread.

The two main things that I got from watching the game:

A. Our receivers need to learn how to catch.......(why has this been a problem for the Browns forever...no matter who we have at WR)

B. Pierre Desir needs to learn how to tackle.

Those two issues have been 'round these parts for too long, and I hoped they would be gone with this coaching staff.

My thoughts on the game;

- Both QBs had good and bad things. I would like to see how Manziel does with the 1st team offense, especially the OL.

- Our RBs are actually going to be worth a damn this year. West and Tate both look like 1000 yard ENd.

- WE/TE; Learn to catch the ball better.

- OL; 1st team did fine, 2nd team did a horrible job.

- DL; besides that run that the Lions always got us with I think they did good.

- LB; Robertson looks much improved. Kirksey looks to be the real deal. Mingo might have a breakout season.

- DB; I wished Gilbert played but hopefully we can see him vs the Skins. Eddie had a rough outing but I suspect he will have a much better game vs Washington.

- Special Teams; besides a couple of blown KO coverages no issues.

Then again this is preseason so anything can happen.

Late to the game here, but I was happy with what I saw from Hoyer. Quick decisions, maybe a couple high throws but he had at least one TD for sure if the receivers would hang onto the ball. I hope those cobwebs are cleaned out by Sept 7.

Defense a little off and not what I expected for what they are calling a top ten D this year. Again, just one preseason game...

Robertson had a good game, and Mingo flashed some that I hope we'll see more of this year. Desir not so much. Kruger better be greatly improved, especially under Pettine coaching.

Manziel made a couple plays I was impressed with. Definitely can put the zing on the ball, and with accuracy. I don't think he got his fair share since he didn't play with the starting O. Well see next game...

Tate we had very little to see but looked good to me, aside from the one fumble. West I thought looked great, had some nice breakouts, but again wasn't against Detroit starters? Sure he did some rookie dancing but I don't think will be the next TR.

Special teams, ups and downs like we've seen before.

Archived