THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a Brown's guy. I don't care whom my qb is. IMO Hoyer is ready JF is not. I sure hope JF is the future. U JF guys wanna blow him soooooooo bad ud hurt his progression just to do so.

100% correct. Manziel fans would still shit their pants if new england drafted him and he didn't start right away. And no turds, I'm not saying Hoyer is anything like Tom Brady.

I saw 3 field goals to this point.

Not too good against the likes of Detroit.

Hoyer with the 1st team couldn't get into the endzone.

Manziel did fine with the scrubs.

The defense needs to learn to stop that running play, otherwise they played fine.

I like JF. Just hope they bring him along the right way. Not put him out there cause the media and fan hype is too great. I doubt they offer Hoyer a contract to have him be a backup this year. JF sitting and learning for a year while being on an NFL training regiment. 2015 take a wrapper off a stronger, faster, and smarter NFL ready John Football. Now that would be exciting!!!

No touchdowns and we have a CLEAR favorite, folks.

Because browns

You've been reading this board enough to know they are going with the local career backup, while hedging by saying Manziel needs time.

That way, when he eventually takes over, which is what you plan to do when you move up to take a QB in the 1st round, they can say "oh we were on board with Johnny all the time".

You've been reading this board enough to know they are going with the local career backup, while hedging by saying Manziel needs time.

That way, when he eventually takes over, which is what you plan to do when you move up to take a QB in the 1st round, they can say "oh we were on board with Johnny all the time".

You're all the same. Your name is definitely fitting.

This is hard to understand. Maybe if u get more than a dozen posts under it belt ill be easier to understand. I didn't want JF because I thought there was no way in he'll they'd get him late in the first round. I'm a Brown's fan period. And I absolutely love this FO down to the coaching staff. I believe whomever they sign , draft, start or sit will be the correct move for the first time since 1996.

manziel looked as good if not better then hoyer tonight and was playing with 2nd string o line.

Agreed. I saw no reason to put Hoyer ahead at this point... and i am definitely not a "JF bandwagon fan", I am a lifelong Browns fan. Before the draft, I said Manziel wasnt even worth a 3rd round pick, but I'll admit when im wrong and this time I think i was wrong... this kid looks like he COULD be real good... why waste time starting a career backup when we have a potential superstar waiting to get in there? Ego is the only answer i can think of...

Need some cheese with that wine?

No whine here, just making fun of the hyperbolic rhetoric coming from those making fun of manziel "fanboys". It seems hoyer has his share of fanboys as well.

Both qbs did alright. Miles fcked hoyer, manziel was playing with the 4's it seemed.

IMO Manziel won this round because tie goes to potential.

so what team is it exactly you root for?

let me guess..........texas something?

go rope a baby seal and curb crush it's head dick bag.

Lol. I'm not going to claim the browns as "my" team. That wouldn't be fair to you guys..

But they are the only nfl team I pay attention to.

Agreed. I saw no reason to put Hoyer ahead at this point... and i am definitely not a "JF bandwagon fan", I am a lifelong Browns fan. Before the draft, I said Manziel wasnt even worth a 3rd round pick, but I'll admit when im wrong and this time I think i was wrong... this kid looks like he COULD be real good... why waste time starting a career backup when we have a potential superstar waiting to get in there? Ego is the only answer i can think of...

Had the pleasure of watching the game at Ford Field. I have to admit, the vibe in the stadium totally changed when Manziel got in there, and yeah, he looked better to me today too. He had a higher completion percentage and made plays with his feet. His ball placement looked better than Hoyers, too.

Not much to make of anything after only one preseason game. That said it does seem to me too many dropped passes. WR looks like the weakness we all thought might be the case.

Depth in the O-line is also pretty obviously a weakness. Given the short amount of time JM had each play I'd say he showed up better than many expected. We'll see next week whan he is with the 1's whether there is marked improvement. Not sure why they use the pistol since he rarely ran that before. If they are going to do something different for him then they should have used the spread with one good all around back in the backfield with him that can run, block or catch and that he can move where he wants him depending upon the D he sees.

D looks good but will be even better when Gilbert is ready. I like D line depth and the rook LB is gonna be a great one.

Not much to make of anything after only one preseason game. That said it does seem to me too many dropped passes. WR looks like the weakness we all thought might be the case.

Depth in the O-line is also pretty obviously a weakness. Given the short amount of time JM had each play I'd say he showed up better than many expected. We'll see next week whan he is with the 1's whether there is marked improvement. Not sure why they use the pistol since he rarely ran that before. If they are going to do something different for him then they should have used the spread with one good all around back in the backfield with him that can run, block or catch and that he can move where he wants him depending upon the D he sees.

D looks good but will be even better when Gilbert is ready. I like D line depth and the rook LB is gonna be a great one.

Kirksey was great. Around the ball at all times.

Archived