THE BROWNS BOARD

Shooting in Butte, Montana

Mr. T

Gun Control is a 6 O'Clock sight picture and holding a tight group in the 10 ring.

Shooting in Butte, Montana (story retracted) but it sounds good!

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders :

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, & MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal aliens ......and she wins, she is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control!

Thought for the day:

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist' -Amen

Have a good day ! :P

Seriously guys, read a newspaper or something.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, & MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news..

Hmmmmmm. I was wondering the same thing, so I did five seconds of research. Turns out the story is FICTION.

SHOOTING IN BUTTE, MONTANA

12/19/07 Addendum to the story below:

Several readers have pointed out to us that the facts and circumstances depicted in this article are not true. We apologize to anyone who was mislead by our publication of the story. We did so in good faith and have the following comment on that:

In checking with the Urban Legends pages we find that while they say the story is (in their opinion) false, they admit that their opinion is based on NOT FINDING EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE STORY. This is different from proving it NOT TRUE, but certainly there is room for skepticism.

If the story were true (or proves to be true in a different location, etc) we would support the point made, as many readers have indicated in their comments. What's more, there are actual, true instances of minors defending themselves successfully with firearms and the point of the story we printed, was meant to support those circumstances whenever and wherever they would occur. The "gun control" advocates will use any pretense to disarm the population and, though we do our best not to mislead anyone, we will not succumb to the idea that we should accept gun control because a story that well illustrates our point of view is incorrect in detail... Ed

It might be informative for those interested in this issue to read the comments posted at the following link:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/ashevill...0FN37C98A3C5/p2

via some wack, Conservative site where the "author" claims NOT TRUE and FALSE are different things, here.

You WorldNetDailyers really need to stop getting your "news" from Cal's email forwards.

Here is a good book for you libs to read

Guns Save Lives http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/155...heconservativeb

Guns Save Lives

By Thomas Sowell

[Reprinted from Issues & Views Summer/Fall 1999]

You would think that a man who saved three people's lives, at considerable risk to his own, would be recognized as a hero. But his story would be politically incorrect, so it has received virtually no media attention and his name remains unknown.

It all started when a gunman took three hostages at a San Mateo, California, shooting range. He had left a note announcing his intention to kill hostages and then himself, so this was worse than even the usual hostage situation. At this point, an anonymous employee of the shooting range took one of the guns on the premises and shot the gunman, freeing the hostages.

This happened on July 6th, but have you seen the story anywhere? People get more media attention than this for recycling aluminum cans. It is politically incorrect to let it be known that guns in the hands of law-abiding private citizens can save lives as well as cost lives. Yet this has happened any number of times. There have even been cases of a policeman under fire being rescued by a private citizen with a gun. One year, more criminals were reported killed by private citizens than by the police. But it wasn't reported very widely.

People who have been wringing their hands asking, "What can we do to stop shootings at schools?" have apparently not been told that a couple of these shooting were in fact brought to a halt by an armed adult on the scene.

Fox News Network has the slogan, "We report. You Decide." That clearly is not the watchword at most major media outlets. They decide what you ought to believe and then tell you only what they want you to know, so that you will believe it.

The media present gun-control issues solely from the perspective of a battle of the good guys who want to get rid of dangerous weapons versus the National Rifle Association that wants to keep guns around. Most mainstream journalists have an almost total lack of interest in either the facts or the fates of a quarter of a billion Americans who do not belong to either the anti-gun lobby or the NRA.

Every story about a child killed by a gun is front page news. Stories about lives saved by guns are lucky to appear in the second section of the newspaper and can just about forget it as far as appearing on CBS, ABC, NBC or CNN.

Like everything else, guns have pluses and minuses. Accidental deaths have to be weighed in the balance against the lives saved both by armed interventions and by the deterrence created when an intended victim turns out to have a gun. Just the knowledge that many citizens in a particular community are authorized to carry concealed weapons takes a lot of the fun out of being a burglar or a mugger.

It is a matter of plain fact--no matter how much these facts are ignored in the media--that violent crimes have declined immediately and dramatically in virtually every case where local gun-control laws were modified to allow law-abiding citizens to readily obtain permits to carry concealed weapons. The statistics are available in a book titled More Guns, Less Crime, written by John Lott, who teaches at the University of Chicago Law School.

This book is the most massive and careful study of the subject ever written--but it remains as unknown in the media as the hero who saved three lives in San Mateo. Both the book and the California hero are politically incorrect, so the mainstream media treat both as if they were non-existent.

The issue is not one of fairness. The issue is one of life and death. If you are not going to be serious about life and death, when are you going to be serious? It matters whether more lives will be lost with one policy than with another. It matters far more than the anti-gun lobby or the NRA matter.

If the media will report, we the citizens and voters can decide. But the media remain wedded to one side of this issue--the gun-control side--and wedded still moreso to presenting news as one interest group versus another, rather than informing the public about the facts, regardless of which side it helps or hurts.

Blind opposition to guns in anybody's hands reached a new level of irresponsibility in San Francisco, when the school board declared that policemen who come on school grounds should not be armed. Fortunately, outcries from both the public and city officials forced this silly policy to be repealed. What will it take to bring some sense of responsibility to the media?

-- Thomas Sowell is an economist and author of many books, including Preferential Policies: An International Perspective (Morrow), Inside American Education: The Decline, The Deception, The Dogmas (Free Press/Macmillan), Migrations and Cultures: A World View (Basic Books) and The Quest For Cosmic Justice (Free Press/Macmillan).

Copyright ©1999 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

No, choco, you're taking a crime story that ostensibly occurred on Planet Earth that has no forensic proof (where all crime scenes have forensic evidence) and compared the lack of proof to support this ever happening to the existence of God, something that's unprovable under any circumstance.

Even you can do better than that.

No, choco, you're taking a crime story that ostensibly occurred on Planet Earth that has no forensic proof (where all crime scenes have forensic evidence) and compared the lack of proof to support this ever happening to the existence of God, something that's unprovable under any circumstance.

Well, there is written documentation - by some eye witnesses - that reported that Jesus did miraculous things. Give it a read with an open mind, mz the pussy.

PS Big game this week. I believe it is on Thursday but it might be Wednesday. UCONN is a prime upset target.

What does this have to do with you posting fiction, T?

Maybe it was a ficticous story but there are plaenty of stories that can show how arming citizens across the nation protect all of us.

But nothing matters to a bleeding heart lib they dont give a shit who's rights they trample on just as long as they get their political belief to be excepted by all or forced upon all.

That's pretty much the response I was expecting.

"This was a fake story I was tricked into posting b/c I read fictional crap, but this really happens, I swear."

John, I really don't wanna talk Bible with you...It'll just ruin our friendship. :)

PS Big game this week. I believe it is on Thursday but it might be Wednesday. UCONN is a prime upset target.

Wednesday on ESPN.

You are primed for an upset, but we are terrible right now. I think you'll win.

That's pretty much the response I was expecting.

"This was a fake story I was tricked into posting b/c I read fictional crap, but this really happens, I swear."

It sounds like a good story, and it is fiction or not. After looking into a webcrawler search I only found only one article stating it being false.

Here is a nice essay

Why Gun Control Laws Are Killing People

September 4, 2008

Doug McIntosh

The verdict is in on America's 95 year fetish with gun control. The verdict is total failure. Gun control doesn't guarantee you will not need a personal weapon to defend yourself, gun control merely guarantees you will not have a personal weapon with you when you need it. The first serious effort at mass gun control, the banning of the personal possession of a handgun, took place in New York City in 1911. The Sullivan Law made the private possession of a handgun illegal in New York City. The Sullivan Law has been copied in Washington D. C. and is now under challenge at the Supreme Court. The decision will come by June 30th, 2008.

The results of mass gun control have been predictable. Modern gun control laws have merely guaranteed that when bad things happen, as in Virginia Tech, or Northern Illinois University, or on a Long Island commuter train, the slaughter is inevitable. The reason the slaughter is inevitable is because the people being slaughtered have no personal weapons to defend themselves. And the reason this is so, the lack of personal weapons, is modern American Gun Control laws. So, the actual result of gun control laws designed to "protect" the American people has been to increase the carnage in various incidents.

One of the fatal flaws in the philosophy underlining the intellectual foundations of modern gun control is a naive misunderstanding of life, along with an even more naive belief in the ability of the "system" to protect people. The idea that all people have to do is call 911 and then wait for a magical response is beyond naive: it is foolish and deadly. This philosophy eliminates individual responsibility with the kind of deadly results we routinely see at mass shootings. Gun control laws first assume life is not dangerous and then follow this with a dogmatic belief the law enforcement system will be there. These are simply not valid intellectually because they are neither logical or true; yet, these two false premises lead repeatedly to the deaths of innocents. Just because you belief a crazed shooter will not come into your life; just because you believe that if they do a quick phone call to 911 will save you doesn't make it so.

The reason I have spent some time on this, is simple. There are only two valid intellectual positions on gun control: you either support it, or you don't. America has taken a somewhat strange position in between. They pretend gun control will work when it is needed; then brazenly decide it will not be needed, since it has already worked and thus is not needed. The flawed logic of gun control says it will not be needed since the man coming down the aisle on that Long Island commuter train shooting people, should not have the gun. And once he has the gun, and once he starts shooting, gun control fails. At that point, once the crazy starts shooting, the innocents merely die. There is nothing else they can do since gun control has worked by disarming them.

Again, there are only two logical intellectual responses to a situation like the Long Island commuter train shooting. The first is the one taken by the wife of one of the innocent victims. She became enraged, correctly enraged, and ran against a "pro gun" Congressman, defeated him and now is a champion of the gun control lobby. She made one of the two intellectual choices. The reason her family members died at the hands of an armed lunatic is because gun control failed. And the reason gun control failed is because we don't have enough gun control laws. So, ergo she becomes the enraged woman taking on the crazed gun control lobby, and crazed people like me who own personal weapons and even had a concealed weapon permit at one time.

This is a valid position in my view. It is an incorrect position, an illogical one, but it is a heartfelt one and should not be treated with contempt by people like myself. She paid for her views with the blood of her husband. No one who supports the private possession of handguns and other weapons, and the Second Amendment in general, has any standing to deride her or people like her.

However, that does not mean I accept her logic, or her position on gun control. You see there are two intellectual positions on gun control related the Long Island commuter train, or Virginia Tech, or Northern Illinois University. And I take the other one. The other one being very simple. What gun control means to me is simply proper shooting technique. Based upon the Second Amendment with its armed Militia clauses, plus the historical record; the historical sayings of the Founding Fathers; finally, over 230 years of American history, there is no doubt in my mind of three things: first, absolute Constitutional protection of the private ownership of handguns, rifles and shotguns; second, the armed militia being all American citizens/people of good moral standing between the ages of 17 and 55 and third, the absolute right of concealed carry by any American Citizen of good moral standing. These are not in my view, privileges, or subject to governmental "infringement" as the Constitution says. These are rights, derived from our status as created beings as defined in the American Constitution. Like I said, this is the other intellectual position you can take on gun control.

The first position, we need more gun control is not valid. My position, the armed citizen militia member is a more accurate, logical and realistic response to life and all its dangers than modern gun control law. There are only two positions, pro or anti gun control. There are only two choices: to think life will never send a lunatic shooter your way or it might. And there are only two results if it does: to live or to die. I choose life. In the event I was on that Long Island commuter train, I would have simply pulled out my personal weapon, my concealed personal handgun and eliminated the threat, eliminated the shooter and saved lives. My position is the reason those people died is there was no one there like me to deal with the problem. This being the whole point of concealed handgun carry; this being why the system despises the armed citizen so much. It tells people they are the children of patriots, self reliant, independent and free.

You see, it is not a case of everything, can happen everywhere, all the time. To believe this is mere paranoia. It is more accurate to say, anything can happen anywhere; at anytime. And that is why the only logical and reasonable position on gun control is for the armed citizen/militia member with their concealed handgun to be available for the protection of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if and when the situation arises. Gun control is a failure. It is long past due for a national concealed handgun carry permit. Let the crazies understand the sheep have fangs and the shooting will stop.

It sounds like a good story, and it is fiction or not. After looking into a webcrawler search I only found only one article stating it being false.

Here is a nice essay

This is the very problem with this place.

Fiction gets passed as fact, only to be called a "good story" after it is shown to be fiction. Then, more nonsensical non sequiturs are pasted afterward.

I didn't even make one of your 'moe Wife Swap teams.

You're not nearly insane enough to have made the cut for the Conservative side of the Swap. That was a compliment!

Eh, I'm not going to be overly critical of anybody who posts a story that turns out to be a bunch of bull, it's hard with everything out there to verify every single story we read, and sometimes we just read a story we like and say "I want to share it".

Don't defend this practice.

Besides, this is what newspapers are for. They generally dig through the muck and report the real stories, weeding out this shit.

Now when it's a story that involves somebody famous or important and makes serious claims that the general public is unaware of then prudence dictates that we do some research before posting, but this annonymous 11 year old shooting two beaners in her home hardly qualifies as such....

Shit shouldn't be passed off as fact PERIOD.

Oh, and welcome back.

You're welcome.

so if you don't live or die by the contents of said emails/threads then very little harm can come from them.

Trust me, I don't live or die by any of this, it's just entertainment.

The problem I have with this is when a false story is followed by crap like this, somehow justifying posting of fiction:

But nothing matters to a bleeding heart lib they dont give a shit who's rights they trample on just as long as they get their political belief to be excepted by all or forced upon all.

I wasn't even in the thread, mosquitozits.

You can't help yourself, can you?

A simple "that story isn't true, you didn't have to waste our time" would suffice.

But you have to gloat, repeat yourself, drag me into it, and continually stick your

finger in your nose.

Either be constructive, or stick a cork in it.

Even you can do better than that.

again, you missed the real point.

simply put, you view situation through a different prism, based on your preconceived notions. fine, most people do......but what i was showing everyone else is the double standard, if you will, of our (in this case, your) rationale.

you know nothing of this story, only what you read on the net......yet are convinced that you know its fiction.

it seems strange to me that you think there's more likelihood of an all-seeing powerful wizard than an 11 year old that can shoot a gun.

you know nothing of this story, only what you read on the net......yet are convinced that you know its fiction.

You're missing the real point. But who really cares anymore.

I went and decided to research the story b/c it was compelling, not because I didn't believe it or wanted to prove it false. That's just what ended up happening.

Archived