Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we get it Z.

too bad he doesn't.

maybe he needs some white friends?

Not sure what that means. Every white 23 year old I know drinks alcohol and smokes pot.

Z

Time to recap Gordon's litany of crimes:

1. Smoking marijuana while being in the NFL

2. Driving with a BAC 0.9 in a state in which 0.8 is legal.

Thug! Retard!

Who makes these choices at 23?

Should never be allowed the privilege of playing in the NFL again!

Zombo

-- Ray Rice cold cocked his fiancé in an elevator and knocked the 110 lb. woman the fuck out. There's video. That fucker will play this year.

Oh, he'll play again, the question is when, and for who. If Donte Stallworth can DUI and kill someone, Gordon will play- eventually.

It's not what's "right" or what's "fair". PacMan Jones has been arrested at least 7 times for busting up bars and punching women out, and he's still in the NFL. Ray Lewis was essentially an accessory to a double murder- and he's going to be in the HOF. Just being facetious- that Aaron Hernandez guy- didn't he know it was against the rules to go out and kill whoever you didn't like? OTOH when your employer states one of the conditions for your continued employment is no ganga- well, I don't have a problem with that. Josh apparently does- for whatever reason- really doesn't matter. BTW, one of the conditions when you're in the NFL's drug program is no booze busts- too confused to pick up the cell phone and get the Limo Josh?

Z, we all did stupid shit when we were that old- but I doubt any of us were hauling down $million buck a year salaries either. And I sure as hell wasn't hanging out with any convicted felons that could bail me out of jail either.

Workers all over America have to get Urinalysis testing as a prerequisite for employment. And are subject to random urinalysis. If they pop positive, they don't get a second chance. Its termination.

I'm not saying it isn't fair, the rules are the rules. I've got a problem with:

1. Fans screaming how dumb he is when 23 year olds make mistakes no matter how much money they make.

2. The hippocracy of the NFL allowing violent criminals back on the field faster than repeated pot users.

Something just seems out of whack here. I'm ok with suspending the kid, but get him help first and start suspending the thugs longer and permanently.

Z

I'm not saying it isn't fair, the rules are the rules. I've got a problem with:

1. Fans screaming how dumb he is when 23 year olds make mistakes no matter how much money they make.

2. The hippocracy of the NFL allowing violent criminals back on the field faster than repeated pot users.

Something just seems out of whack here. I'm ok with suspending the kid, but get him help first and start suspending the thugs longer and permanently.

Z

You are absolutely right Z. The priorities of this country are stupid. I suggest that 50% of the violent crime in this country would be alleviated just by legalizing and administering a proper drug program. It is that way in parts of Europe....and they have 10% ov the violent crime we have here.

This society is so paranoid of pot etc. it is ridiculous.

You are absolutely right Z. The priorities of this country are stupid. I suggest that 50% of the violent crime in this country would be alleviated just by legalizing and administering a proper drug program. It is that way in parts of Europe....and they have 10% ov the violent crime we have here.

This society is so paranoid of pot etc. it is ridiculous.

well that might be because of their strict gun laws. maybe the US might want to learna lesson there.

meanwhile NY just announced it no longer will 'over' prosecute weed offenders, much of the bullshit possession charges will either get dismissed or handed a misdemeanor violation.

dudes were getting sent away for life for weed while rapists and killers were getting less time.

go figure.

Ray Lewis can kill a man, and Big Ben can rape a girl, but Gordon is under more scrutiny for merely being stupid, drinking one too many beers, and smoking pot. Yes, he broke the rules, but c'mon, it isn't over for good. He might have to sit for a year, but it isn't likely he'll never play a down again. I'd even go as far to say Kenny Britt is even dumber than him.

Don't forget Plaxico "I-shot-my-own-thigh" Burress, who appeared on ESPN's NFL Live yesterday.

Jameis Winston.

double lol...

You forgot the codeine that paved his criminal path...

You forgot the codeine that paved his criminal path...

you ever get a wisdom tooth pulled and they give you tylenol w/codeine for pain?

give me some morphine or heroin right in my veins.

codeine is worthless unless you are a 1880s hag whore.

you ever get a wisdom tooth pulled and they give you tylenol w/codeine for pain?

give me some morphine or heroin right in my veins.

codeine is worthless unless you are a 1880s hag whore.

Mik- this is Dr. Hoorta talking- and I can tell you this much. Phenergan + codeine "the purple drank" is the best damn cough medicine ever invented by man.

That said- a few things. Back in my 60s HS days- when things were a tad looser drug wise, Derelicts would pick up a bottle of codeine cough syrup, a bottle of Mad Dog 20\20 or Thunderbird (ah- What's the word- Thunderbird. What's the price? Quarter twice. How soon? High Noon.) - total cash outlay < $1, & slam them both. Crap back then, if you had a friendly guy behind the counter, you could pick up a bottle of Paregoric- which contains opium, for an even better buzz.

Yeah- as a pure pain killer codeine is pretty lame compared to the higher level opioid stuff like Vicodin and Oxycontin- but it's nowhere near as addictive either.

LOL, didya know heroin- by it's chemical name diacetymorphine, rapidly gets converted into just morphine by anyone who shoots it up? The current thinking is one of it's metabolites monacetyl morphine -is the psychoactive stuff that gives junkies their high?

i didn't know any of this. man when i was in HS in sandusky we had some weed, some qualudes and some acid and mesc.

i never ever heard the word peragoric before.

i've had a sip of 'that purple drank' last year by some member of ghoolie's family (slavic). tasted like cough medicine and did absolutely nothing for me. meanwhile realize this is a saturday afternoon and the barmaid is pouring me shot after shot of jaeger for nothing. plus cold buds and maybe a little toke.

just another day in the life.

i think if a doctor got a hold of my piss or my blood right now they would either run for the hills or strain it out and make a antidote for liver disease.

i didn't know any of this. man when i was in HS in sandusky we had some weed, some qualudes and some acid and mesc.

i never ever heard the word peragoric before.

i've had a sip of 'that purple drank' last year by some member of ghoolie's family (slavic). tasted like cough medicine and did absolutely nothing for me. meanwhile realize this is a saturday afternoon and the barmaid is pouring me shot after shot of jaeger for nothing. plus cold buds and maybe a little toke.

just another day in the life.

i think if a doctor got a hold of my piss or my blood right now they would either run for the hills or strain it out and make a antidote for liver disease.

Neat.

Neat.

or on the rocks.

i gotta come down and hang with the nyc browns backers one sunday.

15 years ago it was at runyons which i don't if it even exists anymore but it was where i was living on east 50th.

** i think #1 was technically "failure to appear for a urine screen"...but probably same difference in reality.

like Tour said, we can't leave out the purple drank codeine fail.

with honorable mention to "passing out in the Taco Bell drive thru/mj possession charge"...which kinda kicked it all off back at Baylor.

Who hasn't passed out in a Taco Bell drive thru at 2am?

I want to party with Josh and Johnny.

Tired of being the inept choir boys while the bad asses win the division.

Let's wreck this league.

Zombo

Yeah- as a pure pain killer codeine is pretty lame compared to the higher level opioid stuff like Vicodin and Oxycontin- but it's nowhere near as addictive eithr

Did you know?

The effective dose for Codeine to produce a "high" is dangerously close to the lethal dose, making it one of the most dangerous opioids to abuse.

The more you know...

LOL, didya know heroin- by it's chemical name diacetymorphine, rapidly gets converted into just morphine by anyone who shoots it up? The current thinking is one of it's metabolites monacetyl morphine -is the psychoactive stuff that gives junkies their high?

Also, did you know?

Codeine, morphine, and theibane are the three primary alkaloids of pure opium; therefore all opioids are synthesized from and metabolized into one or more of those 3 natural chemicals.

And yes 6-MAM is much more potent than heroin. "Black tar" heroin is created by using acetic acid to enhance the amount of 6-MAM in the drug.

The more you know...

i thought my friend was smoking an ecigarette the other day....i was wondering why the guy kept smiling and was getting lifted..........turned out to be another form of weed called 'wax'.

these dudes are nuts.

i thought my friend was smoking an ecigarette the other day....i was wondering why the guy kept smiling and was getting lifted..........turned out to be another form of weed called 'wax'.

these dudes are nuts.

a little dab will do ya

Did you know?

The effective dose for Codeine to produce a "high" is dangerously close to the lethal dose, making it one of the most dangerous opioids to abuse.

The more you know...

Did I know that? No. Does it surprise me? Again no. Probably the reason those guys back in the late 60s and early 70s were using alcohol in combination to enhance the effects. But.... if my math is correct- you'd have to slam about 4 bottles of purple drank- and 6-8 shots of Gray Goose to get up to a lethal level- probably even more that that if you were a narcotic and\or alcohol abuser. You well know abusers can build up an incredible tolerance to a drug. I mentioned before my neurologist pal saw a guy survive a BAC that would have killed an normal person X2.

Also, did you know?

Codeine, morphine, and theibane are the three primary alkaloids of pure opium; therefore all opioids are synthesized from and metabolized into one or more of those 3 natural chemicals.

And yes 6-MAM is much more potent than heroin. "Black tar" heroin is created by using acetic acid to enhance the amount of 6-MAM in the drug.

The more you know...

Well, the thing that I can't figure out is why any rational person would use heroin in the first place- knowing it's addictive potential. I had it offered to me once- and I didn't just walk- I ran in the other direction. I've seen the results up close and personal- trying to get blood tests from those guys when they show up in ER, and watching 20 gauge needles bend when you try and bust through the scarred up track marks. I won't get into the more ingenious locations the hard cores find veins to shoot up when their arms are shot- I'm sure you already know. :)

've seen the results up close and personal- trying to get blood tests from those guys when they show up in ER, and watching 20 gauge needles bend when you try and bust through the scarred up track marks. I won't get into the more ingenious locations the hard cores find veins to shoot up when their arms are shot- I'm sure you already know. :)

When I was on the job, I used 12 and even 10 gauge caths for venous access on trauma arrest patients. I liked to go big.......for me the larger needles were the easist to stick.

99.9% of trauma arrest patients died anyhow so it didn't matter what size in those circumstances

Archived