THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

Ya you do... in 1-2 years time. I don't understand the call to cut Gordon now. As soon as he is handed his suspension his contract is void until he is reinstated (also means we don't have to have a roster spot for him until he comes back). He has 2 years left on his rookie deal (in the ball park of 1-2 million a season which is not alot by any means) and we would still have those 2 seasons when/if he comes back. I can understand cutting a guy who does this shit if he is a middle of the road player, but not one of the top guys at his position. I don't want to see the Browns lose out on a Josh Hamilton type player who has to leave his sport for a year or two to get his shit in order and then come back and dominate on another team. Support him now, hope he works his shit out, and hope he comes back clean. If he never makes it back the Browns don't lose any money, if he only makes it back for a season or two before getting in trouble again, the Brown then get 1 or 2 more seasons out of one of the best players in football. If he makes it through two season then the Browns have the chance to sign him for cheap (cause no one in their right minds would give this dude a huge contract).

Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...I Hope you all get the same kind of love and understanding when one of you drunkards gets busted...LOL!

My thoughts exactly. People seem to forget that he is only 23 going on 24. People argue that if they were making that kind of money they wouldn't do the things he did, but at the same time peer pressure, even that this age, is a bitch, and so is addiction. I'll make the arguement that if your making that kind of money, there is less insentive to keep yourself from fucking up. He might be out for a year, but he knows he is going to have a place in the NFL if he gets reinstated. I can't count anymore how many people I have seen who drove drunk and got DUI's knowing that it was going to mean loosing their jobs and careers, all the while just scraping by knowing that they could lose just about everything with one fuck up.

I confess I have done many stupid ass things and driven drunk many times in the past (not for many years). I lucked out and never got busted. But I think Slow may be onto something with his mental state. This kid just does not seem to get it. No matter what happens he keeps repeating the same mistakes.

The guy is dealing with addiction. I am not going to constantly trash a guy when he clearly is having some sort of mental and emotional issue. At this point I more so want to start pointing fingers at players in the Browns lockerroom. I don't know how many articles I have read where players would say something along the lines of "He's quite and doesn't talk to anyone." A guy comes onto the team like Gordon, who has a history of making poor decisions, and the guys in the lockerroom for some reason didn't try to befriend him and take him under their wings. Jackson says he needs help now. He needed help when he came into the league 2 years ago, but no one gave it to him. I understand that players want to look out for themselves cause they already have a lot of shit to worry about, but could you imagine if TJ Ward had issues like Gordon. If he did, I don't think Joe Hadan would have just sit by and let him destroy himself, he would have done everything he could to help him. But because Gordon was quite and wasn't out going, the players let him continue his self destructing behavior.

I am not going to constantly trash a guy when he clearly is having some sort of mental and emotional issue.

in his case the emotional issue is being DUMB.

because we all know weed is not addictive. wanting to be mr. bling homie with his HS entourage IS.

"The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

Perfect example of what I said... denial

"The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

FYI... I am a licensed chemical dependency counselor, not only in Ohio but in 108 different countries. I treat people "psychologically addicted" to marijuana, and many of their lives have been ruined, just as bad as the heroin addicts I also treat.

Heroin is also one of the best treatments for pain to ever exist... so it is harmless? Sure, marijuana helps treat symptoms as well... but do most of its users use it for that reason? Do you?

I posted what I posted b/c of my own experiences with marijuana, and the experiences I have been a part of for nearly the past decade as a front-line addiction counselor. You have nothing but biased newspaper reports and your own enjoyment of the drug, and your own bias toward a substance that makes you feel better about yourself... you have obviously never watched marijuana completely destroy an individual's life, so maybe you need to do a little research...

Plus, the "physical addiction" vs. "psychological addiction" debate... seriously people... I could argue that physical addiction can be treated in 7 days, but then why do people relapse after 30-90 days sober? Ding Ding... it's because they're psychologically dependent on the substance and have not found more positive ways to cope with their life...

Also, comparing marijuana to alcohol is comparing apples to oranges. There is NOTHING similar about those two substances, other than they produce "euphoria," but even the way they produce it in the brain is different. You may not "believe it" and maybe you'll need to do "a little research" but the impairment caused by alcohol is eliminated after a very short period of time, while impairment (particularly judgement, decision making, coordination, and balance) caused by marijuana can last up to 10 days after using...

Seriously, if you have any other misconceptions that need cleared up... I do this for a living, so it will cost you. I charge hourly...

FYI... I am a licensed chemical dependency counselor, not only in Ohio but in 108 different countries. I treat people "psychologically addicted" to marijuana, and many of their lives have been ruined, just as bad as the heroin addicts I also treat.

Heroin is also one of the best treatments for pain to ever exist... so it is harmless? Sure, marijuana helps treat symptoms as well... but do most of its users use it for that reason? Do you?

I posted what I posted b/c of my own experiences with marijuana, and the experiences I have been a part of for nearly the past decade as a front-line addiction counselor. You have nothing but biased newspaper reports and your own enjoyment of the drug, and your own bias toward a substance that makes you feel better about yourself... you have obviously never watched marijuana completely destroy an individual's life, so maybe you need to do a little research...

Plus, the "physical addiction" vs. "psychological addiction" debate... seriously people... I could argue that physical addiction can be treated in 7 days, but then why do people relapse after 30-90 days sober? Ding Ding... it's because they're psychologically dependent on the substance and have not found more positive ways to cope with their life...

Also, comparing marijuana to alcohol is comparing apples to oranges. There is NOTHING similar about those two substances, other than they produce "euphoria," but even the way they produce it in the brain is different. You may not "believe it" and maybe you'll need to do "a little research" but the impairment caused by alcohol is eliminated after a very short period of time, while impairment (particularly judgement, decision making, coordination, and balance) caused by marijuana can last up to 10 days after using...

Seriously, if you have any other misconceptions that need cleared up... I do this for a living, so it will cost you. I charge hourly...

i agree with a lot of what you've said.....

BUT you mean to tell me that you'd rather deal with someone that has been drinking all night compared to someone that has blazed a couple of doobies?

i've never in my 40+ years of doing and dealing with recreational drugs have seen someone driving impaired from weed that equals that of someone driving that has consumed alcohol. if anything the marijuana users slow down, stay in the right hand lane and usually put their turn signal on way too soon.

and you could be dr. oz for all i care but you will never convince me that weed is addictive. do people that like to smoke weed like to smoke it everyday day? of course. will they get a little grumpy if they don't have it for a couple of days? of course.

but in no way is it like a cold-turkey cold-shakes come off of a drug like H or now in pill form oxy, or meth or crack etc. etc........including booze.

marijuana is chump change. don't call it addictive because people enjoy using it. call them spoiled...and rich.

off balance after 10 days of smoking? you might want to take the dude to the hospital to see if he had a stroke that had nothing to do with smoking cheeba.

how much do you charge for your time? $100/hr?

i'll take cash.

you gonna crawl outta your funk and make it up to cleve for the tailgate this year?

if you go, i'll show. for real. maybe we can corncob together?

HA!

That's the plan but I'll know more when it gets closer to the date.

If I go, you better be there. Who knows the kind of shit we could get in.

why do i always have a mental pic of you tossing beer kegs onto route 2 from the lots below like you're the freaking hulk or sumthin?

let's just think about 'tossing bags of corn'....HA!! (i'm sure i'll toss my cookies somewhere along the road)

Let's just say all the board regulars will be there for the Ratbird game. Besides the Brits, that includes me and Zombo.

PS Mik- don't argue with guys that do drug counseling for a living- he's seen more basket cases in a month than you probably have in your entire life. :)

PS Mik- don't argue with guys that do drug counseling for a living- he's seen more basket cases in a month than you probably have in your entire life. :)

Maybe... if you exclude images in a mirror... ;)

Of course the counselor is gonna cry foul....its his job.

I'll just sit back and laugh at those who've little to no experience with drugs that rail how bad they are.

Maybe I'm in the minority....but perhaps the problem is the person rather than the drug. Lazy, unmotivated people will be regardless of drug use or not.

Why is alcohol legal? It kills more people ever year than any other drug. Destroys families just the same. Is there any other reason besides legality that alcohol abuse is minimized compared to other drugs? Cause you're cooling yourself if you think pots illegal because it'd dangerous. Cocaine is severely addicting yet its a schedule 2 drug. Pots a schedule 1.

I've done more drugs in my day than most if not all of you, didn't control my life. Id contend that those that do are weak minded pussies that would be failures with or without abuse.

I've done more drugs in my day than most if not all of you, didn't control my life. Id contend that those that do are weak minded pussies that would be failures with or without abuse.

doubt it.

it is all about the person. i tripped almost everyday through my junior to senior year in HS. it was at the point of i needed 3 hits of mesc or acid (what was available at the time) to get me high again. a lot of people couldn't handle the fact that they were hallucinating and it was all the effect of the drug.

just cuz you can handle alcohol or drugs doesn't make it legal. i remember screaming at a 6'7" tall cop from the back seat of a police car saying i'd whoop his ass if he'd take the handcuffs off my 170 lb. ass.

and i still wonder to this day why he looked at me in the rearview and just laughed.

Time to recap Gordon's litany of crimes:

1. Smoking marijuana while being in the NFL

2. Driving with a BAC 0.9 in a state in which 0.8 is legal.

Thug! Retard!

Who makes these choices at 23?

Should never be allowed the privilege of playing in the NFL again!

Zombo

-- Ray Rice cold cocked his fiancé in an elevator and knocked the 110 lb. woman the fuck out. There's video. That fucker will play this year.

Archived