THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

The fact that the NFL is taking forever to announce this assclown's suspension length leads me to believe they are doing everything they can to find a way to mitigate the suspension down to about one quarter of the first game.. Is anyone else facing suspension waiting to hear their fate from the league office ?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the NFL is taking forever to announce this assclown's suspension length leads me to believe they are doing everything they can to find a way to mitigate the suspension down to about one quarter of the first game.. Is anyone else facing suspension waiting to hear their fate from the league office ?

You think that he'll only get 15 minutes? Sounds like you've been hitting the bong with Gordon.

I think that we are all preparing ourselves for a year without him... BUT, I don't think that you'll find a single Browns Fan, either a 'die-hard fan' or 'band-wagon fan' that isn't hoping for Christmas in July in a reduced suspension for Josh Gordon.

1. Assuming he had only three, three does not seem like a lot.

2. Timing is a factor as well and I doubt he did all three just prior to leaving near 0300...

Agree, but more for the false equivalency of his history vs. Josh's.

LOL, us Laboratory people have done scientific research on this question. My bet it was more like three doubles. And I don't believe the "you can only metabolize booze so fast" either. You drink a lot, your liver co-operates by being able to shoot out mass amounts of alcohol dehydrogenase way faster than a teetotaler could.

We were looking at possibly losing a year BEFORE the "passenger with pot" & DUI. I have a feeling this one will now be indefinite & the shit will REALLY hit the fan if he has another screw up. We'll see what happens, but we need to move on as if he's gone.

Mike

^+1

Fuck him. How many breaks you going to give this idiot? He has proven time and again not to give a fuck.

One more Diehard- and it's going to be his last- at least with the Browns. BTW, for those that don't know- the judge in a DUI case has a lot of discretion in the matter. Unfortunately in Josh's case- his previous arrest record comes into play, which isn't going to help him. He can be mandated into rehab by the court- should they see fit- that or jail. Take your pick Josh.

The only chance he's not gone a year now is if they can totally and irrefutably show negligence or lack of proper procedure on whatever his infraction was earlier this year. If that can be done the "passenger weed" and the DUI become far less crucifying.

The die hard Browns fan in mean would love to see that pipe dream, although I wouldnt hold my breath. The 25 year clean recovering addict side of me knows this would likely not be the best outcome for Josh personally. The faster he can get to bottom the better at this point. He will either stay there or come out.

Congrats to you. I'm thinking the best thing for Josh right now is a month in rehab away from his druggie pals- after he gets his lengthy suspension. He's going to have to either clean his act up, or be out of the NFL in two years.

why was the Josh Gordon "any hope for...suspended 4-8 weeks" thread locked? don't hang it up just yet.

i hear he blew 0.9 bac and could still plea down to reckless...and unbelievably, may dodge another bullet yet (!).

looking to me like this cat has only blown 7 of his lives...Lazarus may still have 2 left to spend.

either way, sadly this is still not rock bottom yet.

wake the fuck up asshole! cutting it WAAAAAY too close! THIS IS MY TEAM UR FUCKING WITH PUNK!!

i think the year is a given. i think mandatory rehab is a given and for a lengthier stay than just a month. he needs a whole 'life-changer' rehab. throw him in boot camp for 6 months. not only will he come out a better man but have more respect for his fellow man, family and team mates (plus he'll stay in shape).

where ever he's living has to change. whoever he's hanging with has to change. everything in his life besides his football skills has to change.

All this talk about he needs help is bullshit, for one weed is legal in a bunch of states now so now it's main stream so who cares. Two he was .01 over the limit that's one gulp of beer. How many of you fuckers leave the stadium blowed out of your skulls and drive. I don't think he's a bad kid just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. And let's remember the test he got fought on was an off season test and random due to his prior trouble. Fact is when it comes to reacrational drugs the league tells you when it's coming unless your on probation. If weed is all he had in his body that's a good thing. How many player are swimming in a sea of cocain a large number. Now I'm not saying he should not be punished. Nor should he be suspended. Give him a financal hit and help him tighten up a bit and let's play football. Fact is a lot of America smokes or has tried pot. And about 60% of people that leave a restaurant that had a drink with dinner are over the legal limit. So let's grow up shut the fuck up and watch him play

One thing you don't do is release him . Then some other team would sign him that day put him through rehab and then your playing against him the next year. Even if he can't play you keep him to keep him off another team.

All this talk about he needs help is bullshit, for one weed is legal in a bunch of states now so now it's main stream so who cares. Two he was .01 over the limit that's one gulp of beer. How many of you fuckers leave the stadium blowed out of your skulls and drive. I don't think he's a bad kid just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. And let's remember the test he got fought on was an off season test and random due to his prior trouble. Fact is when it comes to reacrational drugs the league tells you when it's coming unless your on probation. If weed is all he had in his body that's a good thing. How many player are swimming in a sea of cocain a large number. Now I'm not saying he should not be punished. Nor should he be suspended. Give him a financal hit and help him tighten up a bit and let's play football. Fact is a lot of America smokes or has tried pot. And about 60% of people that leave a restaurant that had a drink with dinner are over the legal limit. So let's grow up shut the fuck up and watch him play

yeah it might be legal in a lot of states but it's not legal in the FUCKING NFL! i don't care what people do in their spare time. i think these guys should only get tested for substances when they are on the job. when you're on the job you can't smoke weed, plain and simple until and if/when they change the rules about it IN THE NFL.

comparing gordon to anyone else is ridiculous. sure there are millions of americans that are ripped out of their gourd right now i'm sure, some might be at work, who knows? but they aren't josh gordon. and if they are dumb enough to show up at work after they've been warned (in his case busted) time after time about certain behavior then they would be shit-canned, period. and if people are dumb enough to drink and drive and they get busted they deserve what they get. there is a difference between going out to dinner and having a couple of drinks and going out to get hammered. hell, if dinner's wine puts a hair up your ass and you decide to move to the bar to continue to drink you give up your keys, leave your car in the lot and call a freakin cab. easy enough?

the fact that this kid has the talent he does, is the only reason he is still on this roster. the browns would be dumb to release him. the league will handle his rehab i believe and the browns will retain his rights.

Your post is a candidate for stupidest of the year. His needing help isn't related or represented by whether or not weed is legal in some places or how far over the legal limit he was. The collective ongoing violation of the rules at the expense of a multi million dollar career is the point. Your fact about how many of us have tried pot is irrelevant. To use your phrase FACT IS lots of us have tried it, most of us many times BUT WE QUIT TO MAINTAIN OUR CAREER. Its called priorities and responsibility. Anyone who continues to behave as he does at the risk of his lucrative livelihood definitely needs help.

Your post is a candidate for stupidest of the year. His needing help isn't related or represented by whether or not weed is legal in some places or how far over the legal limit he was. The collective ongoing violation of the rules at the expense of a multi million dollar career is the point. Your fact about how many of us have tried pot is irrelevant. To use your phrase FACT IS lots of us have tried it, most of us many times BUT WE QUIT TO MAINTAIN OUR CAREER. Its called priorities and responsibility. Anyone who continues to behave as he does at the risk of his lucrative livelihood definitely needs help.

+1000000 I didn't even know where to start with his post, so I chose to spend my time doing something I like instead.

It's not about smoking weed it's about he can't or won't stop... like someon else on here said there's people that quit smoking weed to get a minimum wage job and this dumbass has all the god given talent in the world and can't stay clean to make millions. Gordon's problem isn't marijuana josh gordon's problem is josh gordon.

... FACT IS lots of us have tried (pot), most of us many times...

I only "tried it" once...

The rest of the times I knew what was in store...

yeah it was like trying brussel sprouts. which btw i've never 'tried' again.

now i partake in smoking some cheeba once in a while, usually while the old lady is giving me grief and giving me the heave-ho signs of 'we're leaving' ....meanwhile i'm just gettin warmed up.

Most recent census polls say 47% of Americans have used marijuana AT LEAST ONCE in their life. That was from 2012, and it was the highest percentage, ever.

The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people...

Gordon has obviously "substituted" his marijuana use with alcohol (and in the past codeine) use. He gets a craving, and realizes he can't smoke pot b/c of tests, so he decides to drink... A drug is a drug, is a drug, is a drug... If a person is addicted, they will use ANYTHING and search for loopholes. While I don't want it to happen, the best thing for Gordon is to STOP the enabling, suspend him for a year, take away his salary for the year, put him in tx for 6-9 months, and hope he finally "gets it." Bring him back in 2015... clean hopefully... and give him opportunity to "earn" his huge contract by being a better player on-and-off the field...

47% in 2012. You call that a minority? Shit, half the country or more by now, what with the legalization in several states since then. Plus, all the people that probably lied because they are spineless. It's got to be way over the 50% threshold by now. That my friend is a majority. So in your analysis half of your fellow Americans are low life pieces of shit that need to get their 'ruined' lives in order.

Please, educate yourself and see that discriminating a vast amount of people because they would rather smoke to get their high than drown themselves in alcohol is archaic and ignorant.

47% in 2012. You call that a minority?

47% is by definition the minority. I used to get high when I was an 18-21yr old kid back in 85-88, but eventually grew up, bought a house at 19, married at 21 and became a father at 23 and no longer needed the drug.

Most of my friends stopped at or around the same time except for a few, who still do it. ALL OF THOSE that never stopped and still smoke are having a tough time in life, and I'm being kind on that description - others would call them losers.

That isn't rhetoric someone has told me about pot, but is what I have seen first hand and all I can draw from. If you like having no ambition, drive or self discipline, then I guess pot is for you.......... Smoke up.

weed is not addictive dr. remulak.

it's what you partake in after smoking weed that might get you in trouble. for some they want to then get higher and score more lethal drugs.

for most though it's go to the store, buy whatever ice cream and potato chips that are on sale and go home and gorge yourself into passing out.

"The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

Yup, I'd get fired immediately if I tested positive for pot- ergo, I don't smoke it- and FWIW, I gave it up long ago- gets me too paranoid.

I only "tried it" once...

The rest of the times I knew what was in store...

As Bill Clinton said, I didn't inhale. :)

"The point is, to say "everybody does it," or "most people have tried it" are both INCORRECT. The truth is, the MINORITY of Americans ever use marijuana. I hate when people try to normalize the sh**. It IS addictive, it DOES have terrible side effects, and it RUINS people's lives...

The only people who say marijuana is harmless are marijuana users. It's called "denial" people... "

Dude, I'm sorry, but you could not be more wrong. Like poeticG said, easily over 50% of Americans have or still smoke weed. First and foremost, you cannot become physically addicted to marijuana, only psychologically addicted. Anyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. Second of all, it has terrible side effects? The only side effect people commonly get from smoking marijuana, is paranoia, and that wouldn't be a side effect if it was legalized. You seriously need to do some research, marijuana does not ruin lives. I'm sorry, but that statement is so false and so stupid it almost hurts. Marijuana does not ruin people's lives, it SAVES lives. People have cured their cancer with hemp oil. Marijuana is also an ailment for so many other countless diseases or illnesses. Overall marijuana is arguably the best, most natural medicine on this entire planet. Also "the only people who say marijuana is harmless, are marijuana users", what seriously? What about the latest studies on marijuana? The scientists who conduct the studies most-likely do not smoke. I know countless people who don't smoke who are perfectly okay with people using it because they know it is harmless and how beneficial it is. Honestly, you'd have to be a spoon-fed sheep to think that marijuana is bad for you. Yes I think that Josh Gordon is stupid for not following NFL protocol and risking his entire career and those massive pay-checks to smoke weed. It sucks though because within a couple years, marijuana will be allowed in the NFL and all he had to do was wait a couple years...awh well.

dude you could bust all day long on anything people like to do as a recreational relief of stress.

what do you do....yoga?

hell, i know if i don't do my 3 miles a day i feel like i'm trapped in a cell at guantanimo.

smoking weed, drinking some alcohol, taking some meds all go for the same effect (on the most part) to relieve stress that has built upon our society since the end of the 80s. i won't get into why that is but back in the later 70s-80s people didn't have to worry about jobs and it was party central until AIDS.

we all know why gordon is facing suspension but don't come on here acting like weed is the devil's dick because we all know there are a lot more drugs that are worse for you than weed.

i guess you're not up on reading current events because there is an epidemic of prescription pain medication that trumps anything else going on in this country right now.

so calm the fuck down.

I hate weed and chose not use it but I do drink my share of the devil water. I get plowed here and there but shit I still have to go to work and perform. Don't start that he is great and has records in his short career so far. But if I test positive at my work I am fucking done. Case fucking closed. It is called being responsible.

Archived