THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only player I was remotely looking forward to on my Browns this season. (Well... with the exception of Joe Thomas and Brian Hoyer)

And he just had to screw it all up! What a Retard!

If someone paid me millions of dollars to play a game and not screw up off the field I would not mess that up!

You wanna smoke dope Josh? How about you wait until you retire and then do it. Wanna get drunk? Go ahead. BUT CALL A CAB!!!

Jesus H Christ is it that hard to be responsible?

Apparently it is!

I really was looking forward to another big season from this kid but now he totally screwed himself, as well as the Browns chances for a playoff run.

Thank you Gordon. You win the Biggest Douche in the Universe award..

Sad...

I think DQ may have nailed it.

D'Qwell Jackson ✔ @DQ52

If you're close to Josh Gordon please help this kid, it's not about football anymore it's about picking up the pieces of his life.

2:19 PM - 5 Jul 2014

Train wreck for sure. Drug and alcohol problems, big time. Hey Josh- it's a Holiday weekend- the cops are out in force- with nothing better to do than make some bucks for the locality handing out DUIs. The dumbest thing he did is the NFL has a 24\7 hotline for situations like this, call the 800# we'll come get you- no questions asked. It's the macho thing- I'm fine- um no, you're not.

Having worked as a counselor all my adult life I can say without a doubt this kid needs help more than he even understands at this point. Some get it right away and some lose everything before hitting rock bottom. Unfortunately that appears to be where he is headed at the moment, So far not one wake-up call has panned out for him, so outlook not so good.

One of my counselor pals has one word on his blackboard in letters a foot high YET. Sorry Mik- the guy can't help himself- it's pretty plain to see. If you (or anyone else) had some self control- you think they would consciously toss away $50-60 million bucks driving after you've had a couple too many? Or kill yourself like Phillip Seymor Hoffman did? Gordon is gone for the year- if not indefinitely. Ag's right- he may never learn- and then he'll be broke- or dead- maybe both.

See user name . . .

To Mr. Gordon

I stopped smoking for $16/hr . . . Yeah . . . $16/hr . . . And I still buy season tickets for the perennial circus on the lake. I hope they cut your punk ass so I know that no more of my money ends up in your pipe. Also, look up Donte Stallworth, before YOU kill someone.

counseling this... bad decisions that... yada yada yada...

we got a chance of him playing this year or not?

we could use him.

:P

You're kidding I hope

I wish I was one of his friends so that I could talk some sense and watch over him. I can't believe that nobody can really to that for him.

Can't we just cut him them resign him after he hits rock bottom so we don't have to watch him kick our ass with someone else?

Who besides our dumb fuck front office would sign him?

Yup. They would sign him on the cheap so they could jettison him at any point and have very little invested.

Problem with that is you have to create a roster spot for a useless piece of shit.

Man, I feel bad for Josh. The kid just can't catch a break. He obviously went to drinking to get away from the weed, so he could play this year, then he probably was having a good time and realized that he shouldn't drive until his buzz went down. He probably thought that he was good after a good bit, then he gets pulled over and he's just a fraction over the LEGAL LIMIT... unfuckingbelievable. Josh has some bad luck, I'll admit that he appears to come by it honestly.

This looks a lot worse than it really is.

Maybe, now he'll be forced to get a driver to take him places.

Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...I Hope you all get the same kind of love and understanding when one of you drunkards gets busted...LOL!

Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...I Hope you all get the same kind of love and understanding when one of you drunkards gets busted...LOL!

I understand. It's just that with this guy it is one thing after another. If you look at his history, he pretty much has had some "screw-up" every year for the last 5 years.

At some point you have to call it like it is....the guys a fuck-up.

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.

Well 'Peen you were right. Goodell & the NFL will certainly show him no mercy now. I'd expect the Browns to put him on the "reserve non football injury" list to keep his rights- in the unlikely event he can keep himself clean in the year (at least) suspension that's coming. Could be indefinite. EDIT: With our luck, he'll turn into another Chris Carter after we cut him :(

Man, I feel bad for Josh. The kid just can't catch a break. He obviously went to drinking to get away from the weed, so he could play this year, then he probably was having a good time and realized that he shouldn't drive until his buzz went down. He probably thought that he was good after a good bit, then he gets pulled over and he's just a fraction over the LEGAL LIMIT... unfuckingbelievable. Josh has some bad luck, I'll admit that he appears to come by it honestly.

No PG- it's worse- way worse than that. Even if he was sober as a judge- the report is he was doing 50 in a 35 zone, on a holiday weekend, that's enough to get anyone pulled over. That makes three speeding tickets. (at least) One of which was doing 98 mph. You can bet on the last speeding bust with weed in the car (how dumb is that?) - he was doing more than the reported 74 in a 60 zone- the cop cut him a huge break so he wouldn't get his license suspended for yet another reckless operation doing more that 15 over the limit. He should have been driving like the little old lady on her way to Church.

Considering the circumstances- he he had no business in the world getting behind the wheel after having as much as one drink. As I said before, every NFL player has the 800# limo hotline to get a ride to wherever if there's as much as any question about drunk or stoned driving.

& finally, he's in the NFL substance abuse program. I'm near certain a DUI will get you another strike. He just gave himself strikes three and four.

Nickers- it's just that some of us understand alcoholics better than others. It's not a question of being unsympathetic. You see guys getting busted 6-7 times for DUI, driving without a license, winding up in jail for a year or so, and it doesn't stop them. The guy has serious, serious addictive problems. The best thing he could do right now is check into Betty Ford.

Well 'Peen you were right. Goodell & the NFL will certainly show him no mercy now. I'd expect the Browns to put him on the "reserve non football injury" list to keep his rights- in the unlikely event he can keep himself clean in the year (at least) suspension that's coming. Could be indefinite.

No PG- it's worse- way worse than that. Even if he was sober as a judge- the report is he was doing 50 in a 35 zone, on a holiday weekend, that's enough to get anyone pulled over. That makes three speeding tickets. (at least) One of which was doing 98 mph. You can bet on the last speeding bust with weed in the car (how dumb is that?) - he was doing more than the reported 74 in a 60 zone- the cop cut him a huge break so he wouldn't get his license suspended for yet another reckless operation doing more that 15 over the limit. He should have been driving like the little old lady on her way to Church.

Considering the circumstances- he he had no business in the world getting behind the wheel after having as much as one drink. As I said before, every NFL player has the 800# limo hotline to get a ride to wherever if there's as much as any question about drunk or stoned driving.

& finally, he's in the NFL substance abuse program. I'm near certain a DUI will get you another strike. He just gave himself strikes three and four.

Nickers- it's just that some of us understand alcoholics better than others. You see guys getting busted 6-7 times for DUI, driving without a license, winding up in jail for a year or so, and it doesn't stop them. The guy has serious, serious addictive problems. The best thing he could do right now is check into Betty Ford.

You dont have to preach to Me about alcoholism..My father was an alcoholic..I know well the dangers of alcohol ,having grown up in a family bar and restaraunt business. And I agree the kid needs to get serious help. But remember. There are reasons why people drink,Do drugs, etc. Not saying it is excusable by any means. But,let's get all the info first before just totally damming the person and hope he does not create a bigger problem for himself.

Maybe you should hit some more meetings......jfs

I decided to have a booze-free 4th. :)

You dont have to preach to Me about alcoholism..My father was an alcoholic..I know well the dangers of alcohol ,having grown up in a family bar and restaraunt business. And I agree the kid needs to get serious help. But remember. There are reasons why people drink,Do drugs, etc. Not saying it is excusable by any means. But,let's get all the info first before just totally damming the person and hope he does not create a bigger problem for himself.

I'm not totally damning the person- but sheeze Louise, how many more incidents do we need here to form an opinion? Multiple failed drug tests in college. At least one in the NFL, then the codeine incident. Then another one on top of that. Now a (probable- OK innocent until proven guilty) DUI after multiple cases of stupid driving. You think Goodell is going to care much even if he gets off on a technicality?

you can't fix dumb.

you know you're having a hearing in front of the league in a couple of weeks. you got booted off your college team for pissing positive. you got popped twice since in the league. you might have had a fighting chance for a reduced suspension if you could have just played it clean for another 2 freakin weeks.

that is just dumb.

weed is not an addictive drug, i don't care what anyone says. this is the first time we've heard of him getting in trouble with alcohol and it was barely over the legal limit, so we can't call him an alcoholic.

what you can call him is an empowered kid (because of money now) with talent that wants to be pimp daddy king in front of his friends. so how is rehab going to help that? maybe if his parents would have done a better job raising him and helping him understand how to pick out good friends, he wouldn't be society's problem now. i guarantee you his family was fucked, but so was mine and if someone was to offer me millions of dollars for my talents i'd be so squeaky clean the sun would squint at me.

let him work at circle K for his weed money. on a positive note......at least he's not a serial killer.

Are you kidding me? "Bad luck" & "can't catch a break"?? WTF?? The druggo piece of shit is in full control of what he is doing to himself, his teammates, his coaches, the organization and us fans. "Bad luck" and "can't catch a break" are reserved for those with brain cancer, leukemia, ect... Not for those who aren't disciplined and are mentally weak.

He is going to get EXACTLY what he deserves, and coddling this type of behavior is inexcusable.

Career highlights and awards
  • "Pro Bowl (2013)
  • First-team All-Pro (2013)
  • NFL Receiving yards leader (1,646) (2013)
  • PFWA Player of the Year (2013)
  • Only player in NFL history with consecutive 200-yard receiving games in the regular season
  • Most receiving yards in four-game span (774) in NFL history
  • Most receiving yards in single season (1,646) in Browns history (2013)
  • Most receiving yards in single game (261) in Browns history
  • Most receptions in a game (14) in Browns history (tied Ozzie Newsome)
  • Most 100-yard receiving games in a single season (7) in Browns history (2013)"

With a year like this somebody out there is going to make a substantial effort to get this kid sober. I think the Browns should continue to roll the dice with JG and start a serious

pushback with bodyguards, a life coach, and a kick to the nutz.

i suspect that narcotics will present with any blood samples he provided after his arrest so that's an additional hurdle. remember, the league let stallworth continue his career

after being convicted of DUI manslaughter charges so there should be some wiggle room for this party animal

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Ironic, I am drunk.

AA ain't for everybody....jfs

bet your ass the browns will trade some guy like this in the future after the 1st strike. After what he did towards the end of last year it was very damn possible we could have gotten a 1st rounder for him....all of you think about that. We already had a pretty good fucking draft...we could have had one of the best drafts in NFL history with an extra pick if it was high enough. Even with a lower 1st round pick we could have packaged it off for next year. Even a high 2nd round pick would have been awesome which is the absolute MINIMUM we would have gotten for Gordon.

you can't fix dumb.

you know you're having a hearing in front of the league in a couple of weeks. you got booted off your college team for pissing positive. you got popped twice since in the league. you might have had a fighting chance for a reduced suspension if you could have just played it clean for another 2 freakin weeks.

that is just dumb.

weed is not an addictive drug, i don't care what anyone says. this is the first time we've heard of him getting in trouble with alcohol and it was barely over the legal limit, so we can't call him an alcoholic.

what you can call him is an empowered kid (because of money now) with talent that wants to be pimp daddy king in front of his friends. so how is rehab going to help that? maybe if his parents would have done a better job raising him and helping him understand how to pick out good friends, he wouldn't be society's problem now. i guarantee you his family was fucked, but so was mine and if someone was to offer me millions of dollars for my talents i'd be so squeaky clean the sun would squint at me.

let him work at circle K for his weed money. on a positive note......at least he's not a serial killer.

come on mik:

do i need to search the archives for some of your dumb escapades you've shared over the years?

rare is the young person who doesn't do dumb, irresponsible shit. JG's transgressions take on a life of their own because he happens to be a gifted professional athlete. my

guess is that he is garden variety bi-polar.

yeah man i've done some awfully stupid shit IN THE PAST and a couple of times i probably could've been killed given the circumstances where i was at and what i was doing..........

but there is a huge difference between me and josh gordon.

my antics didn't affect my family. they didn't affect any co-workers. and they didn't affect a fan-base of thousands and thousands of people.

I confess I have done many stupid ass things and driven drunk many times in the past (not for many years). I lucked out and never got busted. But I think Slow may be onto something with his mental state. This kid just does not seem to get it. No matter what happens he keeps repeating the same mistakes.

Archived