THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the difference with private companies and the NFL is that the NFL has a player's union who voted on all these rules, so when it comes back to bite them in the ass.............

i didn't hear anything about a delay with gordon's precedings so i don't know why if the judgement is handed down to day why the ruling won't be released. why would they wait 2 days?

To not toss some eggs (from Browns fans) at the HOF Induction tomorrow?

Just some Joe that may know somebody that has something to do with the proceedings would be my best guess.

Don't know that I'd put much stock in it since the last I saw the appeal was still going on . . .

Never can tell though where something will come from.

Who the hell is Len Fill?

Our new hero?

Goodell had an impromptu news conference in Canton. I'll be paraphrasing here but...

On Rice:

- Made point about legal system not punishing him while the NFL did.

- Talked about how well Rice came across in meeting, i.e., sincere, repentant, etc.

On Gordon:

- Gordon is going through process.

- He (Goodell) may have the opportunity to meet with him at later time.

I don't get it...

conspiracy theory.

like i've been saying it might be reduced only for the reason of

1). how can you suspend a guy for not passing a test by some very minute, slim margin for more than a guy that knocked his fiancee out AND the whole nation is up your behind because of the light sentence.

2). will get off with a reduced sentence to lighten the barrage of public criticism when irsay gets a slap on the wrist for getting pulled over for DUI with cocaine in his pocket and a suitcase full of 30+ thousand dollars.

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns receivers put on a Cirque du Soleil show at practice Friday, as if to show the world that there is life after Josh Gordon at the position:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/browns_receivers_put_on_a_show.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This process has taken entirely to long. Unless the delay was somehow driven by Gordon (highly unlikely) the Browns should pursue legal action to negate any ban. They have had to game plan into training camp on pure speculation as to what their receiver corp would or would not be. There is absolutely no excuse to have pushed it out this long.

Alrighty then :

FantasyAlarm_NFL @FanAlarm_NFL 1h #Browns: Josh Gordon-WR: Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It will continue Monday afternoon.

And from a more legitimate source :

Fred Greetham @FredGreethamOBR 1h #Browns WR Josh Gordon's hearing went from 9:30 am to 7 pm and will continue on Monday per @ProFootballTalk Wow!

Holy Fuck.

Well, if it was over In 10 minutes that would have been bad news.

If he plays 14+ games we are my favorite to win the division.

Z

Since the NFLPA has some skin in this and are part of the proceedings (from what I've heard), maybe they're taking the opportunity to amend the CBA in regards to this issue and the HGH testing the NFL is after?

Might turn out to be win for all parties if that's the case, and would also fit in with this :

MkjTW2dg_normal.jpeg #DawgPress @DawgPressNet · 12m Source connected to NFL league office says "Gordon ruling will shock a lot of people"

Not for nothing, but 10 hours of top notch lawyer time is a boatload of money, plus the research. Josh is on his rookie contract, so he's not paying for it, I guess his agent is.

I hope they shock the world and I am watching Josh week 3.

Z

http://youtu.be/6l99Ex6F8GU

C'mon Gordon, come through big dawg! #freejoshgordon

Just some Joe that may know somebody that has something to do with the proceedings would be my best guess.

Don't know that I'd put much stock in it since the last I saw the appeal was still going on . . .

Never can tell though where something will come from.

To be continued......... Monday. Want to bet it's because Goodell will be there in person?

Not for nothing, but 10 hours of top notch lawyer time is a boatload of money, plus the research. Josh is on his rookie contract, so he's not paying for it, I guess his agent is.

I hope they shock the world and I am watching Josh week 3.

Z

If he hasn't blown all of it on dope- he should still have some spare change left Z. According to Sportstrac http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon/ Josh has already pulled in $3 million plus, not sure how much is left after Uncle Sam takes his cut. Have no idea what one of those top tier lawyers run, but even if it costs Josh $50k, it was well worth it- if he wins.

we wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Gordon had just beat the shit out of his mother.

Instead he decided to be in close proximity to people burning a flower, like an ego-centric twat, and ruined everything for everybody!

Kids these days...

Josh's folks said they were bringing witnesses, but I did not expect 10 hours worth...

we wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Gordon had just beat the shit out of his mother.

Instead he decided to be in close proximity to people burning a flower, like an ego-centric twat, and ruined everything for everybody!

Kids these days...

lol... loved the "burning a flower" choice...

Archived