THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

Gordon’s appeal focuses on disparity between “A” and “B” bottle tests

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/gordons-appeal-focuses-on-disparity-between-a-and-b-bottle-tests/

He claimed to have eaten a pasta dinner at his neighbors house and unknowingly to him, she put a secret ingredient of some pot in it.

Ah... the old, oregano gambit... in reverse...

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a suspicion something was legit about this appeal considering how long it has taken. Players have failed tests and been suspended while Gordon has been waiting.

Florio is a Browns fan, and I'm sure him releasing this article on his site three days before the appeal, while the NFL is getting battered by the public on Ray Rice, is not a coincidence.

However the NFL being the NFL probably doesn't care.

Dude's had some bad luck barely fails the test, barely fails breathalyzer. Maybe he's actually not the hopeless druggie we all thought he was.

yeah cuz he's gettin too cute and taking it "to the line" every time and getting caught.

this is not a "poor Josh", "woe is him", "he's the victim" type situation. he thought he could outsmart the system...and he FAILED.

multiple times taboot.

Still keep some better company man.

^^ this

Another story hit the wires :

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/technicality-in-browns-wr-josh-gordon-s-failed-drug-test-could-aid-appeal-according-to-reports-1.508757

Studies have shown second-hand smoke exposure can result in test results similar to those of Gordon, according to ESPN. Gordon's test results would have been considered negative for marijuana by other professional sports testing regimes, including the Olympic standard and Major League Baseball.

Like they say, if you are under a microscope, why the hell would you even get close to anyone smoking dope? Stupid.

Like they say, if you are under a microscope, why the hell would you even get close to anyone smoking dope? Stupid.

Definitely could use better judgement, and like I said, he does need to get some help with some behavior issues.

It actually does seem like he's off the drugs though from seeing what's involved in these testing stanards, and that is a positive step.

So Josh passed 69 of 70 tests, and was a cunt hair over on one other, but if they used the other sample he would have been under, in what amounts to second hand smoke.

Then he drove a car with a drop or two too much vodka in his system.

I think the screams for his scalp by fellow Browns fans was premature.

I hope he beats this and then beats the Ravens Week three so bad that Ray Rice wishes he was still in that elevator getting beat up by his fiance.

Zombo

So Josh passed 69 of 70 tests, and was a cunt hair over on one other, but if they used the other sample he would have been under, in what amounts to second hand smoke.

Then he drove a car with a drop or two too much vodka in his system.

I think the screams for his scalp by fellow Browns fans was premature.

I hope he beats this and then beats the Ravens Week three so bad that Ray Rice wishes he was still in that elevator getting beat up by his fiance.

Zombo

Yeah, first sample was over the extremely low standard of 15ng by 1ng (as in 1 nano gram), and the second was under.

Also saw that the Lawyers are looking into the testing machine's calibration . . . the error factor alone in this has got to throw this out.

But with the NFL (Goodell) you never know what you're going to get.

Amazed that he has taken and passed 70 tests since he's been a stage 3.

Wondering how (and why) all this supposedly confidential info is flowing out now.

Also was wondering about reproducibility of split sample testing and per a reference google found the A and B samples may not even have been run the same way. The A is usually run using an immunoassay analyzer, and if positive, then the B is run using GC mass-spec. Reads like a cost saving protocol and if so, then I'd think the GC Mass-spec result would be the more reliable.

Also wondered about transfer thru smoke vs. say transfer thru saliva, e.g., your date is toking and then you do a little tongue wrestling shortly thereafter...

Maybe New23 or other can comment...

Fact of the matter is that he needs to keep better company. He needs some sort of life coach to set him straight. He still obviously has some bad influenses in his life if he thinks hanging around with people who are smoking pot, and going places where pot is being smoked is a good idea. I'm not even saying that he needs to cut people out of his life because they smoke, but rather tell him to keep the shit away from him or GTFO.

However this just about proves that he hasn't been smoking pot, but has just bee around those who are. Considering that the NFL claims that they don't and will not suspend players for second hand smoke, I don't see how the league can justify suspending him at all. Plus considering that his DUI doesn't fall under the drug policy, but rather the player conduct policy, and also considering that first time DUI offenders do NOT recieve suspensions, he by all accounts should be playing week 1. However I see that NFL following the letter of the law, or not the letter of the law, and in either case he will see a suspension. If they follow their rules to the letter, he will be out for 1 year and then lose his first two weeks pay when he comes back for his DUI. If they say we want to disipline you according to how the drug policy WILL look like after the union agrees to HGH testing, he likely won't be suspended at all for the pot, but will see a suspension for 1-2 games as a first time DUI offender.

Yeah, first sample was over the extremely low standard of 15ng by 1ng (as in 1 nano gram), and the second was under.

Also saw that the Lawyers are looking into the testing machine's calibration . . . the error factor alone in this has got to throw this out.

But with the NFL (Goodell) you never know what you're going to get.

That's a good point. There may a high enough level of uncertainty in the machine that the result may be inconclusive.

Wondering how (and why) all this supposedly confidential info is flowing out now.

Also was wondering about reproducibility of split sample testing and per a reference google found the A and B samples may not even have been run the same way. The A is usually run using an immunoassay analyzer, and if positive, then the B is run using GC mass-spec. Reads like a cost saving protocol and if so, then I'd think the GC Mass-spec result would be the more reliable.

Also wondered about transfer thru smoke vs. say transfer thru saliva, e.g., your date is toking and then you do a little tongue wrestling shortly thereafter...

I'd say the answer to that is his Lawyers :D

Its not hard to understand how and why this news is leaking out. His agent or lawyer leaked it and for good reason. For the most part, the public parception of the NFL in regards to how they have handled Jim Irsay and Ray Rice is very negative. Irsay was in a situation, where if he were a player, he would have been suspended for a ful season. But he recieved an 8 game ban for the team and by comparision was only fined a small fraction of what he will still make during the season. Ray Rice physically struck his wife so hard that he knocked her unconsious, and was only suspended for 2 games. By comparison Gordon looks like a god damn saint. They just leaked the truth of what is really happening, which goes against how the original leak before the draft made him seem like an uncaring pot head. They just made it so that if the NFL goes through with a 1 year ban, they look even worse that what they already do. In light of the evidense they would even look bad if he recieved a suspension at all for the failed test.

Now in regards to Gordon or anyone else getting in trouble for this information leaking, it is not going to happen. The NFL might not like that this leaked out, but they are not going to investigate who said what, because then they would come up as hypocrits for not finding out and punishing whoever leaked the failed drug test during night two of the draft.

Fact of the matter is that he needs to keep better company. He needs some sort of life coach to set him straight. He still obviously has some bad influenses in his life if he thinks hanging around with people who are smoking pot, and going places where pot is being smoked is a good idea. I'm not even saying that he needs to cut people out of his life because they smoke, but rather tell him to keep the shit away from him or GTFO.

However this just about proves that he hasn't been smoking pot, but has just bee around those who are. Considering that the NFL claims that they don't and will not suspend players for second hand smoke, I don't see how the league can justify suspending him at all. Plus considering that his DUI doesn't fall under the drug policy, but rather the player conduct policy, and also considering that first time DUI offenders do NOT recieve suspensions, he by all accounts should be playing week 1. However I see that NFL following the letter of the law, or not the letter of the law, and in either case he will see a suspension. If they follow their rules to the letter, he will be out for 1 year and then lose his first two weeks pay when he comes back for his DUI. If they say we want to disipline you according to how the drug policy WILL look like after the union agrees to HGH testing, he likely won't be suspended at all for the pot, but will see a suspension for 1-2 games as a first time DUI offender.

Not trying to defend Gordon here on the DUI, but he was a .09, which is .01 above the ..08 limit.

Here we have yet another borderline level, and indications are that this will be dropped to Reckless Operation as it's within error range of the Breathalyzer from what I've read.

If this happens (Reckless Op), then it's pretty much out of the Leagues jurisdiction from what I understand.

The guy may just have gotten a lucky break on both fronts, but we won't know until Friday.

Why is it so awful to hang out around those that smoke weed? How is that any different than those that drink?

I don't personally think it is stupid for most people, but you have to consider what your jobs drug policy is. If you play any other sport in this country, his test would have been a negative. So for people who play those sports it isn't really that dumb to hang out with your pot head friend. In a league where the failure margin is so low, it is stupid to hang around with your pot head friend when he is smoking. All his friends have to do is not smoke around him and if they can't do that then they obviously don't care about Josh and he shouldn't be around them.

I don't personally think it is stupid for most people, but you have to consider what your jobs drug policy is. If you play any other sport in this country, his test would have been a negative. So for people who play those sports it isn't really that dumb to hang out with your pot head friend. In a league where the failure margin is so low, it is stupid to hang around with your pot head friend when he is smoking. All his friends have to do is not smoke around him and if they can't do that then they obviously don't care about Josh and he shouldn't be around them.

Was he even aware second hand exposure could result in a negative test result?

Not trying to defend Gordon here on the DUI, but he was a .09, which is .01 above the ..08 limit.

Here we have yet another borderline level, and indications are that this will be dropped to Reckless Operation as it's within error range of the Breathalyzer from what I've read.

If this happens (Reckless Op), then it's pretty much out of the Leagues jurisdiction from what I understand.

The guy may just have gotten a lucky break on both fronts, but we won't know until Friday.

I know and I agree. It's an instance where someone thought they were perfectly ok to drive and it turns out to not be the case. Alot of people make that honest mistake. It's not like he was recklessly driving while clearly intoxicated. However getting a DUI is more cut and dry that testing for pot. Even if the charge gets lowered to a reckless op, it is still on your record that you were charged with a DUI and as long as your employer knows that you were charged with a DUI they can punish you according to their own set of rules.

Since he lawyerd up with one of the best, I see a 6 game ban. He had 70 tests done since his positive result, and these a and b samples were different from each other. So if they give a Ray Rice 2 games for knocking out a woman, maybe Gordon will get less then a year for a positive test.

Was he even aware second hand exposure could result in a negative test result?

I think you mean positive test result, and he should have known. It is his job to know. Last year he agreed to be put into level 3 in order to get his suspension lowered to 2 games. He knew he was going to be tested 10 times a month. He should have known and that is on his shoulders.

Hell I don't get drug tested for work, but I know that second hand smoke from pot could register on a test. Same goes for nicotine by the way.

exactly. after the codeine slap on the wrist Josh should have equated the dangers of any type of party affiliation akin to having sex with someone w Aids. most would say "i don't need sex that bad". addicts think it's worth the risk and put a condom on and cross their fingers...and hope.

i apologize for my insensitive post towards Aids, HIV, and any and all terminal diseases std or not. i would have preferred to swap out the example but nothing with as much "punch" came to mind. again, apologies to any collaterally damaged feelings.

Since he lawyerd up with one of the best, I see a 6 game ban. He had 70 tests done since his positive result, and these a and b samples were different from each other. So if they give a Ray Rice 2 games for knocking out a woman, maybe Gordon will get less then a year for a positive test.

The thing is though, if what's stated here really is the Case, then Gordon is innocent and shouldn't get anything - not even a fine.

I think you mean positive test result, and he should have known. It is his job to know. Last year he agreed to be put into level 3 in order to get his suspension lowered to 2 games. He knew he was going to be tested 10 times a month. He should have known and that is on his shoulders.

Hell I don't get drug tested for work, but I know that second hand smoke from pot could register on a test. Same goes for nicotine by the way.

In the Military, they told us you couldn't trip the test for second hand smoke.

Of course that was many many moons ago, and I don't know what level of testing/how accurate they were way back in the Stone Age.

Why is it so awful to hang out around those that smoke weed? How is that any different than those that drink?

cuz he can get a false positive that way. cuz the NFL's tolerance measurements are so low it's ridiculous.

and it's not like that for alcohol.

i backed him all the way nonstop until the 0.09 bac. that was it w being mr nice guy.

it's bullshit people. he was a huge part of our season. billion dollar franchise...you just can't fuck up like that taking risks "associating" nearby people shotgunning blunts getting blazed.

kiss his ass if u like. not me i'm not blinded by his talent enough to ignore his lack of accountability.

at the minimum it's entitlement bullshit.

**edited due to racial stereotype associated with false positives on UAs

The thing is though, if what's stated here really is the Case, then Gordon is innocent and shouldn't get anything - not even a fine.

We all know he is not completely innocent with being pulled over 2 times with one the guy with him had weed, and the other he was arrested. If they factor that in, then he may get something. They are going to tell him, if you make us look like asses again, you are banned for 2 years.

We all know he is not completely innocent with being pulled over 2 times with one the guy with him had weed, and the other he was arrested. If they factor that in, then he may get something. They are going to tell him, if you make us look like asses again, you are banned for 2 years.

I meant innocent in regards to ths failed test.

Already said he shouldn't have been driving (not in so many words) and that he needs to redirect his behavior.

Archived