THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's the thing, and a major problem with today's society.

no one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore. step up to the mic and said i screwed up. simple as that.

BUT NO....

we'd rather have some quack excuse it all by diagnosing a person with whatever mental affliction is the flavor of the week.

there was no bi-polar in the sixties. there was no ADD, ADDD, CADD, CGI..... you were either a fuck up who needed a kick in the ass, a criminal or mentally ill to the point were you were committed. there were also Retarded people. sorry, but that's what they were called then.

so which category would josh have fit into?

mik, In the army, you mean to tell me you never were never hung over or high while on duty? how could your "coworkers" not be affected by your condition?

i didn't start getting hangovers until i was in my thirties. and i've always known my limits. i never have gotten 'falling down drunk'.

like i've said before i never wanted to be that guy who falls asleep on his bar stool.

Man, I feel bad for Josh. The kid just can't catch a break. He obviously went to drinking to get away from the weed, so he could play this year, then he probably was having a good time and realized that he shouldn't drive until his buzz went down. He probably thought that he was good after a good bit, then he gets pulled over and he's just a fraction over the LEGAL LIMIT... unfuckingbelievable. Josh has some bad luck, I'll admit that he appears to come by it honestly.

This looks a lot worse than it really is.

Maybe, now he'll be forced to get a driver to take him places.

"Can't Catch a Break"???!?!?!

Give me and everyone with a straight head a fock'n break. What's wrong with society today? Why are we making excuses for these people. If this guy have half a brain, he would had taken car service out and back home if he was going to drink. Now all he's thinking is.."i can't catch a break", "I was only a fraction over", "why are they out to get me", "blah", "blah", "blah"...

How about look in the mirror you numb nut.

4 pages is enuff on this douche nozzle. Lets start a thread about wtf we are going to look like at Wr. Hawkins, Austin, Burlson. I just dont see it going well. I didnt forget about cameron. He cant do it all.

well hopefully we'll have a running game this year.

we don't need gordon, megatron or AJ green.

we need balance. and with those guys you mentioned and the new shanty offense i'm hoping we'll still go .500.

hell most of us had written gordon off for the year before this.

4 pages is enuff on this douche nozzle. Lets start a thread about wtf we are going to look like at Wr. Hawkins, Austin, Burlson. I just dont see it going well. I didnt forget about cameron. He cant do it all.

We will be just fine. Bank on it.

He's immensely talented, but I don't think Farmer, Pettine or Shanny see him as "must have".

Little and Bess fucking killed us last year.

If we can field three good receivers as opposed to one great one and two awful ones, we are ahead of the game.

Hawkins and Burleson are going to be huge upgrades over The Drive Killers.

That leaves Austin, Benjamin, Armstrong, Johnson and the NKOTB to bring the rest of the production.

I really think we will be OK.

Plus JCam is tits, and will be even better this year after his learning experience as a starter.

Oh ... And we replaced our 35 yo running back with real talent and bolstered the o-line.

WR is not worrying me. Honestly.

And we can use that Bills draft pick next year to replace aging Austin and Burleson.

Well played, Farmer.

Z

So as the saga continues Gordon was bailed out this morning by a multiple felon criminal with mostly gun and drug charges in his long illustrious career. I will take a flyer this is Gordon's partner in the dope trade. When it rains it pours.

So as the saga continues Gordon was bailed out this morning by a multiple felon criminal with mostly gun and drug charges in his long illustrious career. I will take a flyer this is Gordon's partner in the dope trade. When it rains it pours.

was it his dad or his uncle?

Just extremely unfortunate to see a young guy continue to ruin his life. The real question is do you keep the guy assuming he's out for the year or cut him? Someone correct me here but if he's suspended his salary comes off the books. If so is it worth keeping him around to see if just maybe this is rock bottom? I'd say no but that's a tough call.

Feature_MyCousinVinny_JP-med.jpg

Just extremely unfortunate to see a young guy continue to ruin his life. The real question is do you keep the guy assuming he's out for the year or cut him? Someone correct me here but if he's suspended his salary comes off the books. If so is it worth keeping him around to see if just maybe this is rock bottom? I'd say no but that's a tough call.

I don't think there is any benefit to cutting him. If cutting him would get him to his bottom then the suspension should as well. All cutting him does is give another team the opportunity to take him in the off chance he gets it together in the next year or so.

if i were the browns i would suspend him tomorrow. i know it doesn't mean much in the big scheme but it does send a message.

the worse thing they could do is come out with some pussy-assed statement of "we're behind josh, and will do whatever it takes to blah blah blah".

just let every other talented diva thug know that they can fuck up multiple times and 'still have a chance'.

It seems the circle of people around him seem to not care! Maybe there more worried bout his money you would think a family member or a close friend would try get him into a rehab such as betty ford before he loses everything.

I guarentee if he was outright cut teams would still line up to sign him!the browns should suspend him and force him into rehab,

Damn, and it was 3 in the morning. So either he didnt drink that much or waited a while to drive after a long night. Not saying him drinking and driving was not bad, just saying that any of us that go out to dinner and have 2 or 3 beers would blow the same thing. 1 standard drink per hour is what our body can get out of our system. I just dont see why you get arrested for .09. Gordon reps with probably contest it, saying it could have been a bad alco sensor. Like when was it last calibrated.

The two drink thing is a misconception. Unless you're a 90 pound female. You'd actually have to get closer to 6 drinks in an hour for someone of his size to reach .09 BAC.

I can give him a pass on the MJ but when he's speeding while DWI, then he's a threat to safety. As D'Qwell said, it's not just about football anymore. I would support suspension for the year with rehab and probation with random screenings.

The same guy he was riding with when he got pulled over is a convicted felon who was with PJ Harrison (NBA) when he got into his shit. Regardless of what anyone's opinion of JG is, he doesn't keep good company to say the least.

if i were the browns i would suspend him tomorrow. i know it doesn't mean much in the big scheme but it does send a message.

the worse thing they could do is come out with some pussy-assed statement of "we're behind josh, and will do whatever it takes to blah blah blah".

just let every other talented diva thug know that they can fuck up multiple times and 'still have a chance'.

But then you run the risk of ditching a player while he goes through a "tough patch" which is probably an understatement. Yet they'd probably get some brownie points (no pun intended) for helping him through his issues within the locker room and any other player who might come here. Knowing the FO (and people in general) are willing to stick by you is usually a net positive.

I know it's a business, but businesses can only be successful due to their relationships with their employees. Bash me if you must but that's real fucking life. The best long term businesses have the best relations with their employees. Now have I ever experienced, much less been, this big of a problem for my employer? Nope, but I also have never been, or worked with anyone, that has the earning potential of someone like JG. I've seen management bend and contort for employees who make their company much, much less.

Plus, Cleveland isn't really a free agent destination due to many reasons which shouldn't need to be explained.

Now if we start winning on a regular basis, it's a completely different story. However for the timing being, it's to the Brown's benefit to help JG through this. We have little to lose and a lot to gain.

I'm sure the Brown's organization is just as, if not more, pissed off about JG's antics as we are, but if this FO is really, truly different than the past regimes, and is capable of taking the long view instead of worrying about succeeding right off the bat to keep their jobs, they won't release the kid.

We're not over the cap and JG wasn't making a boatload to begin with. So he misses a year. We help him fix his life, get brownie points with other potential FA's and his contract rolls back yet another year, which, along with the red flags that will decimate his future earning potential, meaning we can get him cheap, especially since he'll owe us for helping him (best case scenario.)

Worst case, he doesn't take the offered help to his advantage, yet we still get the brownie points for trying, and we have two first round draft picks next year to take our pick of the litter of WR prospects or potentially take two of them.

Little to no risk, high reward.

With that said, I'm sure we'll release him tomorrow.

But then you run the risk of ditching a player while he goes through a "tough patch" which is probably an understatement. Yet they'd probably get some brownie points (no pun intended) for helping him through his issues within the locker room and any other player who might come here. Knowing the FO (and people in general) are willing to stick by you is usually a net positive.

I know it's a business, but businesses can only be successful due to their relationships with their employees. Bash me if you must but that's real fucking life. The best long term businesses have the best relations with their employees. Now have I ever experienced, much less been, this big of a problem for my employer? Nope, but I also have never been, or worked with anyone, that has the earning potential of someone like JG. I've seen management bend and contort for employees who make their company much, much less.

Plus, Cleveland isn't really a free agent destination due to many reasons which shouldn't need to be explained.

Now if we start winning on a regular basis, it's a completely different story. However for the timing being, it's to the Brown's benefit to help JG through this. We have little to lose and a lot to gain.

I'm sure the Brown's organization is just as, if not more, pissed off about JG's antics as we are, but if this FO is really, truly different than the past regimes, and is capable of taking the long view instead of worrying about succeeding right off the bat to keep their jobs, they won't release the kid.

We're not over the cap and JG wasn't making a boatload to begin with. So he misses a year. We help him fix his life, get brownie points with other potential FA's and his contract rolls back yet another year, which, along with the red flags that will decimate his future earning potential, meaning we can get him cheap, especially since he'll owe us for helping him (best case scenario.)

Worst case, he doesn't take the offered help to his advantage, yet we still get the brownie points for trying, and we have two first round draft picks next year to take our pick of the litter of WR prospects or potentially take two of them.

Here's the problem, in a nutshell:

Right now, Josh doesn't want the Browns, or anyone else's help.

Josh Gordon is going to have to be the one who goes into Pettine's office and say, "I need help.

My life is getting out of control, and I need--and want--help."

If JG only goes to rehab because the Browns or the NFL or his family tells him he has to, then, in

the immortal words of Reverend Johnson of Rock Ridge, "...we're all just jerking off."

So the question is, how long do the Browns wait around for JG to get his shit together? Do we wait for

him to finally hit bottom and then reach out or do we just cut our losses.

They were talkin on the news, about whether or not the Browns should

get Gordon a 24-hr monitor.

Can't help somebody who couldn't care less about being helped.

I reckon you can taken a guy out of the subculture, but you can't take the subculture out of the guy.

It's all on him to want to do that for himself...or not.

Wow..the kid gets a DWI and you all want to cut and write him off...hilarious...

If in fact JG blew a mere 0.01 over the limit, then your criticism may be warranted. DQ and I, among others, may have jumped to an unwarranted conclusion. That slim of a margin just may not be sufficient to be the proverbial straw. I'd bet that many of us have felt "fine to drive" with higher levels.

there was no bi-polar in the sixties. there was no ADD, ADDD, CADD, CGI.....

There was also a time with blood-letting was the medical procedure for most ills...

There is no excuse to drink alcohol, then drive a vehicle... whether it's 1-2 drinks or 6-7... it's just plain stupid both from a legal standpoint and a danger-to-society standpoint. Just goes to show this kid has NO support around him if nobody is willing to take his keys away and drive his ass home... If I go out, I typically DD for my family and friends who can't help themselves but to drink in excess. I'd rather stay sober and help the people around me than be an enabler. If Gordon had true friends, they would do the same...

There is no excuse to drink alcohol, then drive a vehicle... whether it's 1-2 drinks or 6-7... it's just plain stupid both from a legal standpoint and a danger-to-society standpoint. Just goes to show this kid has NO support around him if nobody is willing to take his keys away and drive his ass home... If I go out, I typically DD for my family and friends who can't help themselves but to drink in excess. I'd rather stay sober and help the people around me than be an enabler. If Gordon had true friends, they would do the same...

Devil's advocate - if you're always DD for your friends who can't help but drink themselves to a stupor, aren't you in fact enabling them?

I have to disagree with this. So you can't go out to eat dinner and have 1 drink? With food? Give me a break. Now, going out and have 15 drinks I have a problem with.

no one is ditching him or cutting him. you are acting before the league acts. that's all. show some freakin balls and say this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

the way it looks now is the nfl will suspend him the whole year and take over his rehabilitation while the browns retain the rights to him. (pretty F'd up language right? sounds like a slave).

Archived