THE BROWNS BOARD

Jay Cutler posts 26 QB rating in Pro Bowl

Lumbergh

Basically the Brady fanatics were looking for ANYTHING whether real or imagined because DA was in the way of their preannointed savior.

sev, I like you, but you're not getting it here.

We don't love Brady Quinn because he's Brady Quinn (well not yet). You could replace "Brady Quinn" with Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, JaMarcus Russell Matt Leinart or (insert your young QB's name here). We would like that QB over Derek Anderson because he's not Derek Anderson. We would love him because of who he isn't, not who he is.

Evidence from probowl play? you dont understand the absurdity of your statement?

No. Enlighten me.

My side of the argument is that Anderson's play in the last 7-8 games got progressively worse. Then came the probowl with it's ideal cast of comforts:

1. receiver's he's thrown to all season - no chemistry issues

2. an offense that he ran for 16 games previously - no aggravating learning curve to fight

3. a defense that basically can't touch the QB - no 'real' pressure on him (just like all season almost)

and he continues the shit-show that ENDED OUR SEASON.

So, yes, that constitutes as More Evidence of a trend that DA is not starter material because conditions for a QB will not ever be as good as they are in the Pro Bowl. Unless you get to be "all-time" QB in your family game of backyard football on Thanksgiving Day.

Basically the Brady fanatics were looking for ANYTHING whether real or imagined because DA was in the way of their preannointed savior.

Speaking of imaginations... :rolleyes:

mz the pussy I do understand that, my proposition is that had it not been a first round pick DA would be seen in a different light by fans. Just mu opinion but once we drafted anyone in the way was not getting a fair shake from the fans. Any other similar age first year starting qb putting up those stats would be well liked.

Legacy I dont think ANYTHING done in the Probowl is evidence of anything one way or another. Jay Cutlers terrible qb rating means butkus as well as what DA did or any other player.

I want BQ to start this upcoming year to show what he has or does not have. His preseason and 3 games last year were not exactly enlightening, we need a bigger sample. I am still of the opinion that he needs to throw the dart 25-30yds away to be successful in the NFL. His short game is fine but wont work against NFL level talent and coaching. IF he can develop that midrange bullet than he will be BETTER than DA, If not well than DA probably is our guy for a couple of years.

Man, some of you are missing the real point here, which is that Cutler sucked big time in that game. With each pass I mumbled, "WTF was that!?!"

I hope we don't give up on looking into DA ... Quinn hasn't sold me at all and I don't think Chud had a clue what he was doing with that offense. DA saved all their asses in 2007, and they've all been canned around him now. Would like to see him in with this coaching staff before letting him go into the wind.

Keep up the good work Lum ... give'em hell.

Jesus Atenears, at least put up a warning before you make a post like that so people don't spit whatever they are eating or drinking all over their monitor in laughter. DA had a few good games early in the 2007 season that seriously padded his stats. After about the 6th game of the season, he crappped out. DA is not even a one hit wonder. Quinn is by far your best shot now. Thanks for the laughs but people should be able to charge you for the clean up of their computers after that post.

mz the pussy I do understand that, my proposition is that had it not been a first round pick DA would be seen in a different light by fans

Yes, sev, DA would have been on a slightly longer leash had he not had a 1st round pick on the bench behind him. It's just the reality of things. But to say DA didn't get a fair shake is ludicrous...in fact, it would be very very easy to make the argument that his leash was TOO long.

Numbers are numbers, though, and they do not lie, no matter who is on the bench behind you. DA's 2nd half of 2007 and entirety of 2008 was unacceptable by any standards.

Guest ATENEARS

Anything DA accomplished in 2007 he accomplished on his own, he made himself. The kid has been mis-managed and all those who had a hand in that have been sent packing. I would keep this kid with almost whatever it takes, as long he ain't unhappy to be here. Get a development plan and grow both QB's. It's a business, explain to them that someone has to start and have a game plan around them. Pay them well, and If one can't handle that and needs more then trade'em.

We still don't know what we have in either. We had a rookie Head Coach, a rookie GM, and a rookie OC that neither were on the same page in the handling of him. We had Ken freaking Dorsey as his Mentor ... C'mon, that dude sucks.

The fans need to shut the hell up and allow Mangini to do his job, this lobbying against one QB or the other is stupid. Be a better fan than that.

There's no need to "lobby" anymore period.

The new regime has NO allegiance to either guy. Their going to go with whomever they think will help them win this upcoming year. Any "loyalty to DA" for saving jobs? Gone. Any "loyalty to BQ" for drafting him? Gone.

That's the most exciting part.

Now, for those of us who have opinions. Another story altogether. I don't think DA has it. I think he's proven he doesn't have it. Does BQ? Not sure. Can we afford to keep two tradable QB's (if indeed both are)? I don't think so.

My bet is that DA is dealt for whatever value we can get and its Quinn's team. I hope BQ is really good or we'll be back in the QB sweepstakes in a year or two.

Guest Masters
Anything DA accomplished in 2007 he accomplished on his own, he made himself. The kid has been mis-managed and all those who had a hand in that have been sent packing. I would keep this kid with almost whatever it takes, as long he ain't unhappy to be here. Get a development plan and grow both QB's. It's a business, explain to them that someone has to start and have a game plan around them. Pay them well, and If one can't handle that and needs more then trade'em.

We still don't know what we have in either. We had a rookie Head Coach, a rookie GM, and a rookie OC that neither were on the same page in the handling of him. We had Ken freaking Dorsey as his Mentor ... C'mon, that dude sucks.

The fans need to shut the hell up and allow Mangini to do his job, this lobbying against one QB or the other is stupid. Be a better fan than that.

So DA has been mis-managed since leaving HS? He has more than just his NFL track record. He is the same player since then. Cannon arm with no ability to lessen it on the shorter throws without skippng the ball in the dirt or throwing over his receivers head. The guy hasn't been mis-managed. He is who he is. He's Scott Mitchell

Guest ATENEARS
So DA has been mis-managed since leaving HS? He has more than just his NFL track record. He is the same player since then. Cannon arm with no ability to lessen it on the shorter throws without skippng the ball in the dirt or throwing over his receivers head. The guy hasn't been mis-managed. He is who he is. He's Scott Mitchell

Are you saying that he's had great QB coaching and mentoring since then? If so, who?

The kid got to the Pro Bowl by taking someones elses team, clutching his left hand around his right nut, and gunning his way there.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to lose him to a team within our division.

Guest Masters
Are you saying that he's had great QB coaching and mentoring since then? If so, who?

The kid got to the Pro Bowl by taking someones elses team, clutching his left hand around his right nut, and gunning his way there.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to lose him to a team within our division.

I can't say that. But it is pretty hard to believe that for the last 8-10 years of his life in football he didn't have one coach who tried to fix his issues.

The kid got to the pro bowl by having 8 good games. He gunned CLE some where, right out of the playoffs (CIN game comes to mind) because he can't throw underneith.

Who in our division would even take him over what they have. Though I'd gladly take is Frye-esc QBR rating throwing at CLE'd D every week.

DA and the rest of the team were horribly mismanaged there is no question and chuds playcalling last year for the most part was abyssmal and predictible in 2007 we had braylon edwards,kw2 and JJ bringing the balls down...in 2008 we had butterfingers,kw2 until injured and stallworthless playing in a scheme every defense was ready for...butterfingers dropped quinn and dorsey(when he could get it there) passes as well plummeting their ratings instantaniously..

DA wasnt totally at fault for last years horrendous season and he alone wasnt the lone ranger of 2007 he had help..i would like to see DA get a fair shot at starting under the new management but commonsense dictates we will move him and start bq...

Can we afford to keep two tradable QB's (if indeed both are)? I don't think so.

My bet is that DA is dealt for whatever value we can get and its Quinn's team. I hope BQ is really good or we'll be back in the QB sweepstakes in a year or two.

is this from the same logic that you talked about last year they were going to trade and not sign DA? Or when they go ahead and cut the third and 4th string QB's to leave the team with only 2 qbs in the first season of a new coach and gm with quinn only playing 3 regular season games to mediocrity showing no where near enough data for a new team to bet their future on? I am sure they will go ahead and trade a guy who did win 10 games in a season and played a great game against the giants showing some possible glimpses at what he might be...

that makes perfect sense considering the amount of money they have tied up in the qb position they can clearly afford thanks to BQ's holdout paying him backup money. 100+ million dollar business like to bet it all when they dont have too.

Archived